Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Vor's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've had my go as a dedicated, rise-to-rest WoW zombie, but these days I consider myself a casual player. WoW is my first MMO and is the only that I've tried since that's stuck. Although I started playing WoW on an RP server over four years ago, I feel I continue to grow as a roleplayer, and as a functioning member of an online community. On retail, I am in a guild, though only for the sake of keeping my fellow RP'ers close at hand, though I have not done anything in my 3+ years of membership to rise through the ranks. I am perfectly fine roleplaying my character's status exactly as it is. Even more-so since, due to the annoyances of retail servers and computer malfunctions, I have not been a very active member at all of late. But! I do try to acquaint myself with everyone and assist in raids, especially in the scarce IC raids.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born and raised in the US of A. While English is my primary language, I'm also fluent in Bad English and Texan. ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have a friend who's been a huge WC fan since WC1, and we used to spend many a hour duking it out in the WC3 RTS, which was my first WC experience. Back then, he was always talking about how much he looked forward to the release of the MMO (which was a concept he had to explain to me) and by the time it finally released, we were roommates. So, after playing a character on his account in Beta, and spending much time looking over his shoulder once it did release, I eventually broke down and bought myself World of Warcraft!

What made you seek our server over others?:
Kretol. Since replies made of few words, much less just one word, are frowned upon, I'll flesh that out a bit. Kretol was one of the first people I met through RP running around in Azeroth, and in getting to know him over the years, I'm certain anything he's involved in that includes A) Gaming, B) Roleplaying, and C) Warcraft, has got to be a good thing. ;) And from what I can tell through little things I've picked up on here and there, I'm correct! It appears to me that he and the team of GM's here on CotH have created a roleplaying environment that's.... well... better than the retail version of the game itself.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Uh... the orcish kind? ;) I've found that I enjoy many kinds of roleplay. Battles and conflicts are always exhilarating while drinking in taverns, or even kicking back with a fishing pole and an IC friend can be tons of fun. (With the exception of "Moocow" the tauren 1337speak dude running around my bobber naked >.<)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
OOORRC SHAMANNN! ...and I dunno why... WC3 perhaps? I knew before WoW released that I was going to play an orc shaman, I played one in Beta, I rolled one when I finally got an account first, and have played him the most. I guess to break it down a little more, I absolutely love RP'ing the Warcraft orc, and I highly enjoy the utility and mechanics of the shaman class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, I try not to have too many expectations, as more often than not they will lead to disappointment, but I definitely hope to have a great time RP'ing with decent, mature RP'ers in an environment built specifically for roleplaying in the Warcraft universe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Whoa... so many of them are so very nice, but if I have to choose just one, then I absolutely have to go with maturity, as it's probably the one thing retail servers lack the most.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is my attempt at trying to include a lot of information, such as an imagination for scenery and combat, a knowledge of the English language, as well as character personality, in a very short story. If it lacks anything, it wont be a problem for me to add more.)

Lifting his cold blue nose to a night so black it veils eyes unguided by magic, the orc grins. The frozen night wind has brought him the scent of his prey, the smell of blood fills his nostrils, and now the scent is so strong he can taste it. He was close. Moving through the small ravine; silent as the grave, all save for the snow crunching underfoot. Rounding the sharp corner, he stops dead in his tracks. The one whom the death knight has been pursuing this night lie just ahead of Thern'rak.
The frosty blue glow emitting from Thern's eye-sockets gives him away, and the translucent wolf leaps at him in-between the steep, narrow earthen walls in a half howling, half snarling fit. A great green light erupts from Thern'rak's hands towards the wolf specter only to veer down towards the accursed shaman's totem. Where there was a wolf leaping in the air, there was now a younger, and still living, orc bearing down on him. Before Thern could draw his axe from it's sling on his back, the night brightens in a blinding flash as a bolt of lightning cracks between his chest and the shaman's palm, knocking Thern'rak back against the wall of the crevice.
"WAIT! You fool!" Thern'rak roars at the shaman rushing him, dropping more totems as he goes... one of which already having thrown a fiery ball at him and building yet another. With a swipe of the shaman's hand, his totems disappear, and with them the ball of fire, vanishing mere inches from Thern's face.
"Ebon Blade." The shaman states, not as a question, though his head tilts to one side as a curious dog's would. Thern'rak answers with only a grunt as he gets to his feet. "Why have you been following me, death knight?"
"I bring orders. Venomspite is under siege. Troops from the Ziggurat." Thern'rak replies, "You are to return with me immediately to join our forces in taking it back, Vor'grim."
"And since when does the Ebon Blade command me?" Vor'grim scoffs.
"Since Venomspite is a Horde outpost, you arrogant whelp!" Thern'rak growls, but the shaman merely stares at him, posed to strike again.
Finally, Vor nods. "Your mount?"
"At the edge of the ravine."
"You will catch up to me then." Vor responds, shifting back into his spirit form and vanishes into teh darkness on four legs. Thern spits in contempt, his saliva punching through the surface of the snow as a solid ball of ice, and follows after the shaman.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Uhhh..... Newp!