Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ulgarf's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello. I'm Paul, 17 years old, and have always had a great interest in roleplaying. :) My first (and only) online experience is World of Warcraft. It was about four years ago when I installed Warcraft 3 that I saw the WoW trailer, and was totally amazed. :P So, when I finally got an internet connection, back in 2006, I decided to buy the game I've dreamed so much about. Played on SWC-EU for 3 years and a bit, led one of the server's best RP guilds during that time, which is still active and counts one hundred members. But, every two months, my gamecard expires, and I have to buy a new one. Problem being, I don't want to spend 50 euros every two months just for RP, because, after all, the only reason I kept playing on was the RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?

Romania, my primary language being Romanian. But I like to think I'm a fluent English speaker. 8)

How did you get into Warcraft?

Well, played Warcraft 2 once, at a friend, many years ago. Then I got Warcraft 3, and then finally WoW.

What made you seek our server over others?

Google is your friend. :) I must admit, I didn't do any extensive browsing of RP servers. I just googled for "Private RP server" and out of the list, Conquest of the Horde seemed the best choice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?

Military. On retail, I've led <Mountaineer> for 3 years, and still am, though my account is frozen at the time being. To better understand, Mountaineer is a Heavy RP guild, based on the Khaz Modan Mountaineers. My guild represents the Mountaineers 3rd Brigade, accepts only Dwarves and Gnomes, all of it's 100 members wearing the uniform (Purple Mountaineer Armor, like in Alterac Valley) 24/7. My character is Ulgarf, a level 80 Dwarf Hunter, Lt.Colonel of the Brigade. So, that being said, I mainly love military RP, but I enjoy other types, too. :D

What is your favorite race/class? Why?

Dwarves, of course. Hunter. Why? Ranged weaponry, of course. :3

What are your expectations of this server?

Well, a nice, average-sized community of skilled Roleplayers. I'd be disappointed if I'd bump into Arthus, son of Illidan, twin sister of Aegwynn, nephew of Sargaeras and roommate of Mankrik's wife. LOL

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?

Roleplaying, of course.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

FWWHOOOOMP! - The mortar emplacement shouted, launching it's explosive payload seconds later, aiming at the Abomination a few hundred meters away.
Pale, blue light reflected regularly on the nearby Siege Tanks hulls, as the Lich, standing dominant on his looming battle-platform, chanted his unholy spells.
The Lt.Colonel peered over the barricade, bullets and shells wheezing over his head, heading for the Undead regiment. He reached down onto his belt, taking out his V.O.I.C.E. "Timburfros', Splinter'awk 'ere, we need a sniper set up on tha hill south'wes'o' ere, ah wan' tha Bonebag down!" He paused a few seconds, waiting for a reply. The comm device wheezed into life, letting out static noises, the signal finally becoming clear. "SCCRRZTHH-..urfros' ere, sah, snipah's'on' 'is way, sah!"
"Good!" the Lt.Colonel barked into the commlink, before slinging it onto his belt. He raised up his Bolt-Action rifle, aiming above the Barricade. A wagon came into his sight, the Lt.Colonel moving his aim towards the contraption's pilot, a rotting Goblin. He felt the trigger, it's cold touch, as he pictured the long barrel as an extension of his own arm, imagining the bullet fly out of it, going straight for the Meat Wagon's manner.
He pulled the trigger, the high-caliber shell flying out of it at high speed, maintaining it's course. Ulgarf took his eye away from the rifle's sight, peering at the wagon. The short splutter of purple-ish liquid, followed by the Wagon's abrupt change of course was enough to confirm it. He pulled the Rifle's bolt backwards, ejecting the empty bullet case from the firing chamber, loading in a new one. He then turned his sight towards the south, towards the hill, where the Gnomish Sniper was setting up his position, carefully taking aim at the Lich. Ulgarf knew, it wasn't enough. He peered over the barricade, at the battlefield, thinking of a way to reach the bonebag's battle platform after the Sniper took his shot. The phylactery had to be destroyed in order to fully terminate the unholy being. He slung the rifle onto his back, taking out his twin 20mm Saronite Revolvers, taking position for a jump over the barricade. And he waited, until he could distinguish the short but loud sound of a long-range rifle being fired, and then he jumped, running and blasting his way towards the battle platform.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

I'd like to add that Ulgarf is one of my favorite characters, even if he's created by me. I've put alot of effort into shaping his personality, inventory, everything. On Conquest of the Horde, I will create him again, and RP him exactly like on SWC. :D

EDIT: Corrected a few typos. ^^
Sounds great! Welcome to the server!

Have a nice

APPROVAL

From me. And when you make a character join /chat and feel free to whisper a GM or myself if you have any questions!

Also, there is alot of private server lore, which you should read about on the wiki before you start to RP, lots of other handy stuff there too :D
Hello there, I can't believe two romanians just made their Intro's in almost the same time (either that or it put you up cause you got a comment) Anyway, nice to see another one here, let's hope for the best.