Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Questions from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just joined recently, and I need a little help.

I haven't completed my character profile yet, as I like to quest a bit while thinking about the direction I want to take. Sometimes a random happening while questing can provide good inspiration! Also, I am trying to get a feel for how things work on here as opposed to the normal servers.

The problem I have is that I cannot seem to earn enough money to keep moving at any kind of pace. I am leveling almost too quickly, and can't afford to pay for any spells, let alone some much-needed bags. Normally, I would earn plenty of money through quests/killing mobs, and I am one of those people that knows how to manipulate the AH to his advantage, but this is a strange new world.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might rectify this, or am I doomed to be a copperless Tauren?

The other questions I have:
Is there a post or something that details the major differences between this and a normal server? I have seen things all about the forums and wiki, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of "master" detail.

If my profile is approved, can I opt out of the instant 80? The other things are fine, but I prefer to take a little time out in the field by myself here and there.
You should either try to grind some mobs for their gold and not their experience, it helps out a lot. And if you do seem hellbent on not grinding then you have going to make some efforts with your more creative side. If anything, leveling isn't truly needed for Roleplay and you can live on only a few coppers nowadays anyway!

For more information click here.
What are your professional skills?

If you have Mining, Fishing, or Herbalism, I might be able to do some business with you, to help fund you some money.

I'm running a group called the Azeroth Trade Syndicate, that is always willing to pay people to acquire goods for them.

If you want, you can spend some time grinding in the areas that match your level, to acquire piles of materials which you can then sell to me.

Contact me via PM if you are interested in doing something like this on a regular basis.