Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Eldricht applying!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player I've always enjoyed being with others who share a good sense of humor. In retail WoW I've avoided their RP servers for their most obvious lack of RP, which has saddened me, since I remember when there was semi-good RP. I focus on raiding now, but enjoy good pvp at times. I mainly aim to have fun.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from America, English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Ohh boy, I got into warcraft way back when Warcraft 1 was still recent! I loved the story, and the lore, and moved on to Warcraft 2 and it's expansion, and was so happy to see that the lore had stayed together. When Warcraft 3 came out I was so excited. Seeing the lore progress even further. As a WoW player I've always been interested in the lore, as some of my friends can vouch for (One of which might try getting into this server, since she enjoys RP as much as I).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Mainly this requirement, of making an introduction and being accepted before you can play. I've searched far and wide for a private RP server, and so far have found approximately 3, two of which have been horrid. The third is this one. Having rped in other areas, having to be accepted first generally means the Rpers are of good quality and know what they're doing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Pretty much all kinds. I enjoy the action and fights, especially when it's groups against beasts. I also enjoy relaxed tavern/bar roleplay when I'm not feeling so much like fighting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite playable race is pretty much Tauren, non-playable are the Dragons of the blue dragonflight. My favourite class is Arcane Mage, always loved mages!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Coherent roleplay, mainly good grammar and spelling. Good roleplayers who know what they're doing and are good at engaging others. Roleplayers who don't go god. Friendly, helpful, welcoming community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This requirement is probably my most favourite, because as I said earlier, I've noticed that groups who require you to apply before you can truly join seem to be better overall.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The room was lit by a ring of softly coloured, sky blue candles whose wicks glimmered slowly as the flames that rested atop them ate away at the small pieces of string. The candles emanated a sweet, relaxing scent, like that of a meadow during Midsummer. The walls of the room were lined with a vast array of arcane tomes and books whose pages were covered with ancient history, the shadows flicked and played across the bindings like young children. Quill pens lay scattered across the light blue floor, ringed with deep crimson.

In the center of the ring of candles knelt a robed figure, hands resting on the floor, staring intently at an open scroll. Soft muttering rose from the center as he stood up, a mage in practice. He brought his hand up, staring at his palm, thinking, contemplating. Slowly, the hand it's self was enveloped in a white aura brighter than that of the candle, the center swirled with arcane energies. The mage opened his eyes, alight with arcane magic flowing through him, and around the room. He shot his entire arm forward with rigid precision, one of the candle in front of the mage erupted in a mix of purple and white flash. The candle lept from the ground, the flame flickering out as it flew through the air. Pieces of light blue wax skittered across the floor as it landed, rolling to a stop at the bottom of a book case. The mage spun on his heels, throwing out his arm, palm forward, once again. A pair of arcane bolts spiraled out from the center of his palm, leaving a wispy trail of light blue in their wake. The bolts spiraled around each other as they flew striking a second candle, shattering it where it stood. The mage shielded his eyes as the wax scattered around the room. A smirk cut it's way across his face, pleased with himself he turned towards a door behind him. The door way lay open with only a wispy, silken cloth blocking the entrance. The mage took one step, waved his hand, and in a flash appeared on the other side of the cloth, robe fluttering as though a strong wind had just brushed passed, striding with self affirmed confidence.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Are there any special areas that I should know about, or special addons that I absolutely need.

Thank you for your consideration!

-Eldricht-
Ahoy there, welcome to CotH! If you have any questions about anything a'tall, don't hesitate to ask either in-game or on these here forums!

To answer the question you've poised already, feel free to check out our Wiki for current events happening, server lore and all that good stuff. Addons you might find useful can be found in the Downloads link in the Main Menu to your left. :D Hope that helps a bit!