Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing for the first time since never; Novaske!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, to describe myself when OoC, I would have to say firstly that I have a tendency to be rather shy to new situations and people, and more often than naught I prefer staying off to the sidelines where I can comment every so often and be readily available if needed, yet not be in any sort of situation where I might actually need to make decisions which affect majorities. In a group of people, I am perfectly willing to follow along with other peoples plans, observing my surroundings and how they interact so that I might meld with them and be able to communicate without being out of place and avoid subjects which would be unappreciated. I generally try to stick near people with good senses of humor and wit as, most often times, I get along with them best and find such people to be refreshing. As a gamer I am very laid-back, not so much caring for the end-result as long as the journey and events along the way are enjoyable. I love interesting story lines with many unexpected little twists in both games and roleplay alike. I also quite adore situations which allow creativity to flow.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I have lived in America my entire life and speak English primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
That, I can blame my brother for. He got me into playing the first Warcraft, and from there I ended up playing through the second and its expansion, and then the same happened with the third of the series... And thus, my addiction caused me to play WoW first chance I got.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, a couple of reasons; The introduction requirement is probably what won me over, as I find it to be a great idea to weed out unwanted players, and usually it signifies to me that you actually care about the quality of roleplay, which many it seems, do not care. The second reason is because from what I can tell of the website and how it is designed to allow people to actually tell what the server is all about, that chances would be good that I could trust this server to be of decent quality overall.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, I love roleplay in general, and it is rather difficult to pick out my favourite types, but, if I had to choose then I would have to say what appeals to me most, is adventure rp with a small group, complete with twists and battle that actually occurs for a reason as opposed to hack n' slash fights for the sake of fighting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would have to be Night Elves, I find their lore to be interesting and the beings themselves to be, in my opinion, rather admirable in how they choose to live. However, my favourite class is a bit more difficult for me to figure out as I love both Hunters and Warlocks equally.

What are your expectations of this server?:
What I am expecting, and for that matter hoping for, is an open community of players with good understanding of grammar and spelling, as well as people whom can be inclusive in roleplay, rather than believing the story of everyone else should revolve around them solely. (Sadly, that latter I have noticed, seems to be a problem with many people... -cringe- )

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Both the rule of respect, and, the need for introductions... Of these two I'm not sure which appeals to me more, as I find them both to be quite necessary.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This building under most normal circumstance, would have been readily thought of as an inn with decent food and less than horrible bedding.
Also, under such normal circumstance it would have had a barkeep behind the counter where there was seemingly naught but claw marks in the wood and a stain of reddish-brown leading into the kitchen and round the corner. It seemed that the building, was most definitely not housing normality this day, and this fact was realized not only by the dark gray wolf whom had wandered growling through the doorway, but also by its seemingly frail-bodied master as she watched cautiously the surroundings, and eventually lowered her gaze from the stairs which lead upward, to the almost too obvious trail of what she suspected was the barkeep.

The Blood Elf shook her head lightly and released a soft sigh as she clutched her bow in her right hand and reached for her arrows with her left, her wolf's eyes rose to meet where her attention had been placed, his fur bristled on his back as the growl deepened and he crept toward the doorway where once he had approached with wagging tail to receive a meal from his favoured butcher, but now, now both he and his master understood that the butcher had left and traded shifts with a new one, and neither appreciated the new mans idea of quality meat.
Aiming the arrow steadily at the doorway as she braced herself and waited patiently, listening to the scraping of claws and gnashing of teeth in the room before her as her trusted companion leased a snarl from deep in his throat and moved swiftly against the wall into the room where he was to be met with the claws of a ghoul, a creature which had once been human and was now a mindless unit of the Scourges army, a being whose only purpose was to be thrown away at its masters orders, and this was the day where its life in death would meet end.

The huntress exhaled as she released the arrow to soar toward its designated target, hitting with a light crack the living corpse's neck and taking it by surprise just long enough for the beast beneath it to regain composure and push it off of himself before tearing into it with hungry fangs, making quick work of the being as she dropped her bow at her side and wielded the axe she had tied to her back as she approached its quivering body and swiftly landed slicing blows upon it, ending it once and for all.
It was then that she raised her eyes to her companion and frowned lightly as she uttered just above a whisper the words "Come now, it seems we have outlasted this home."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not to my knowledge at the moment.