Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Welcoming people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw my enormous amount of space reserved in the recent box, and...

That's it. Welcoming the new guise, making them feel warm and fuzzy and all, like this!
Spoiler:
Welcome to Conquest of The Horde!

Yes! Welcome! If you got some chatting and/or RP searching to do, /join chat.

And if any questions, go on and PM me, or a GM/Other grunt for an answer.

Happy RPing!

Sometimes, when welcoming folks, I feel like a spammy welcome machine. Flooding and spamming and all that... and then, I thought, should we do this? I mean, at all. By the rules, it's not needed. But people, (might be because the Wiki has oldened quite a bit, still talking about being level 70 and cap being 40 and all that...) think, that you still need an approval. So, my real question here is, does it feel spammy to you fellers? Does it annoy you when there's always some stupid Azheron message welcoming someone? Or may I keep doing this habit of mine?

That text might be a bit dizzy, since I'm very, very tired right now. Still, you should get the point. And if you don't,
I DAMN YOU TO HELL!
. . .
Right.

EDIT: Oooh. I sucked all the english-skill out of this bloody thread. I'm a monster /cry
I don't understand a lick of what you are saying, so I'll try my best to interprit.

Yes, I think it's spammy when we have twenty intros with people saying "OH MY GOODNESS WELCOME".

While that is cool and nice and... yeah, it's pretty pointless after a while. Pointless to where most of the time, I don't even look at introductions unless there is a problem.

So, to be a negative nelly, I will say I think it's pointless to do that. Unless you are Hawk, who is a professional and therefore is trained in the ways of hello.
I indeed get both of your points, and I used to just spam threads with the single sentence. Which is why I've changed my greetings over the times. I do like to address as many posed questions as I can (Especially the ones asked at the end of the thread, which usually mean a large deal greater than others) as well as giving the generic cookie cutter "Ask my for help and /join chat!" response bundled in.

Also the issue posed that if a new member sees his thread ignored he'll assume he's denied, despite it actually saying that, and thus losing another potentially prodigious RPer.

Yeah, in the end I think it depends but greetings can be important things, depending on what's in them.
Maulbane Wrote:I indeed get both of your points, and I used to just spam threads with the single sentence. Which is why I've changed my greetings over the times. I do like to address as many posed questions as I can (Especially the ones asked at the end of the thread, which usually mean a large deal greater than others) as well as giving the generic cookie cutter "Ask my for help and /join chat!" response bundled in.

Also the issue posed that if a new member sees his thread ignored he'll assume he's denied, despite it actually saying that, and thus losing another potentially prodigious RPer.

Yeah, in the end I think it depends but greetings can be important things, depending on what's in them.

Damn your evil heart maulbane, was just gonna post a response on this one including a small rant xD put so much time into that one! gimme the past 3 and a half mins of my life back XD
Your rant is now void due to my speed-typed and full-of-meaning post!

Bahahaha!
Maulbane Wrote:Your rant is now void due to my speed-typed and full-of-meaning post!

Bahahaha!

God I hate you......

xD
Rensin Wrote:Unless you are Hawk, who is a professional and therefore is trained in the ways of hello.

Y HALLO THAR!

*cough* I remember my Greeter days... I was such a noob.
I agree with the stuff Maulbane said.