Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Loa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Primal Gods

The Mighty Loa of the Jungle trolls. These Gods have the greatest strength in the Voodoo Pantheon. Tread carefully in their midst

Shadra, the Spider
- Creator and Godess of Order, Shadra brings the laws of the universe to the mortal plane. She also brings death and misery. Hers is a bitter sweet song.

Shadra is an extremely powerful Loa. Tread carefully among spiders, for they hold her love, and wrath.

Hir'Eek, the Bat
- The Bat is the guardian of all the world's knowledge. Hir'eek is the protector of trolls and is unbiast towards a particular tribe.

Hir'eek is often revered by the Zandalari and aspiring mystics for the knowledge he guards. Please this god and the secrets of the universe are made clearer.

Hethiss, The Snake
- A Godess of battle, Hethiss is the favored god of the Darkspear and her animal, the snake is revered by our people.

She is known for her clever tricks and wile. Some may call her the Loa of dirty tricks, foul manuevers and murder, but she is a powerful and beautiful godess to those who woe her and pay respect.

Bethekk, The Panther
- The Panther god is the wise and patient guardian of those who practice voodoo. It was he who brought the mystical arts to the troll people and taught the first Witch Doctor.

Bethekk is to be praised with each spell and in each prayer, if only briefly.

Shirvallah, The Tiger
- God of honour, combat, valour and fair victory, Shirvallah is respected by warriors and has an almost cult like following among troll fighters.

Old warriors who worship this god are known to be voluntatily put to death by fighting a younger warrior. This is reasoned to be a more honorable death then succumbing to disease or old age.

Various Other Loa

Not as emphasised among the average troll communities as the Primal Loa, these Loa are none the less powerful and to be reverred. They are strong allies to the mystics and medicine men of our people. Do not underestimate their power.

Mueh'Zala, God of Death
- It is Mueh'Zala's job to bring the spirits of the dead into the Realm of Sam'Di

It is only by the beacon that is a troll's remains may Mueh'Zala find a spirit and usher it into the next world. If a body is completely destroyed Mueh'Zala can never find the spirit and the soul will be doomed to wander between the worlds for all time.

Legba, Loa of Speed
- Legba, the Loa of speed and travel is a pleasant god and is sometimes represented by the road.

Pray to Legba for a safe and quick journey, but remember to thank him when you are done, least you fall from his favour.

Ogoun, Loa of War
- This Loa is the god of all battle. He gives his mystics dark magicks of destruction and fury. Warfare, both holy and senseless is his. He can be both just and cruel. Remember that always.

Ogoun is said to have invented the bow and arrow, as well as the throwing axe.

Dambala, Loa of Trickery
- Often mistaken for Hethiss, Dambala is also a Loa represented by serpants. He is a god of betrayers and tricksters. However, unlike Hethiss he is not a Loa of battle and does his best to avoid it.

Dambala is often reverred for his cunning by priests and other mystics.

Sam'di, Loa of the Restful Dead
- it is Sam'di who is king of the Afterlife. Not even the strongest of shaman pretend to know the ins and outs of his domain. The Land of the dead is a mystery to those not of it.

Also, Sam'di is the guardian of graveyards who punishes graverobbers. He can be represented by the Graveyard.

Shango, Loa of storms
- Shango is a very powerful god. He is king of the realm of storms and his weapons are lightning and thunder.

His fury is majestic and frightening. A god of chaos and beauty reverred by all shaman.

Zanza of the Zandalari
- Zanza is the protector of our ancestors and the mother tribe from which we all come, The Zandalar.

He is a restless Loa of origins and is honored by few other then the Zandalar tribe.

Lokou, Loa of Healing
- Lokou is the compassionate godess of healing and respite. It is she that has the most love for mortals and gives the trolls their abilities of regeneration.

Lokou is kind above all else and can be represented through ones compassion.
Moved to Guides, because of usefulness! It shouldn't be stuck in a Guild Forum and be forgotten.
You're missing the Darkspear Loa, Bwonsamdi, Guardian of the Dead.
Is there a difference between God of Death and Guardian of the Dead? Or, perhaps Blizzard has changed their lore since this was posted (Nov 2009).

Quote:Mueh'Zala, God of Death
- It is Mueh'Zala's job to bring the spirits of the dead into the Realm of Sam'Di

It is only by the beacon that is a troll's remains may Mueh'Zala find a spirit and usher it into the next world. If a body is completely destroyed Mueh'Zala can never find the spirit and the soul will be doomed to wander between the worlds for all time.
Bwonsamdi, Sam'di... They're all derivatives of the same real life Vodoun spirit, Samedi. I think it's not a stretch to say that Bwonsamdi is an agent of the Loa Sam'di sent to preserve the spirits of the Darkspear dead, and that they are perhaps of the same domain and powers but one is subordinate to the other.
A splendid guide! I'll be using this frequently with my new Troll!
Kretol Wrote:Is there a difference between God of Death and Guardian of the Dead? Or, perhaps Blizzard has changed their lore since this was posted (Nov 2009).

Baron Samdi is like Hades and 'owns' the realm of death. Mueh'zala is Charon, a grim reaper who fetches the dead and brings them to Samdi's realm.
Sweet! I wanted some info to relate my pet and Shirvallah seems interesting... I just love tigers and troll lore ^^
Where is the Blood God? Don't you guys forget about the blood god :(
I feel like someone should be given the chance to update this. The time of the posting was 2009, and since then there have been a good number of changes to The Loa, mostly adding in more since Wrath.

I could be that someone. The Hero that CotH needs, but not the one it deserves.
This shall help me with Witch Doctoring.
Spoiler:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=112264&d=1397560519]