Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am very sorry if I've double posted my topic. I just looked for it and couldn't find it, luckily I copied my post before I sent it, again, I'm very sorry if I've created 2 identical Topics.

Hi, I've heard about this server before, and I thought it might be a good idea to post a little introduction.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I really do love the game, I think it's a great game, but I think Blizzard has done some bad things to the game to make it less fun. Anyways, I am a very nice person, once I warm up to people I'm very talkative and can add to a lot of conversations. I chose this server because a while back, my Account was Hacked and I lost it, and then had to get another one. After I did that I got busy with school and wasn't able to play a lot and when I got back into the game on my new account, I found that Wrath of the Lich King had been released. I played for a few months after that and then decided, it was turning into a money hole. Also, it was sometimes hard for me to find Roleplaying on the RP Servers. Currently, I am still in school and might not be able to play every day, which is why the main server of WoW doesn't add up for me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the Great White North: CANADA! Actually, I live in toronto, which is only Great and White in the winter. My primary language is English, and I speak it every day of my life.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft when Warcraft II came out. My friend bought it and showed it to me, and I thought it was such a fun game that I bought it, and Warcraft III later. A while later I got into WoW because it looked very fun, and I knew the game universe already.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have already answered this question a bit, but my main reason is the quality of Role Playing. On the main WoW RP Servers, a lot of the Role Playing is Bad, with Cat Girls, and Vampires, and Aliens. Though some of it is good (enough to almost make me stay) I found the fact that you had to pay for days on which you didn't play bad.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
This may sound a bit Cliche, but I really do enjoy a good old adventure Role Play, where a group of characters goes out to do a task, and end up bonding and having fun. I also do enjoy everyday, living out your life Roleplaying. On the main World of Warcraft Server, my guild set it's Role Playing Channel in the guild house, and though some of the role playing there was a bit absurd, it was fun just to go about your day and have fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Again, I'm going to sound Cliche, but I do like the Blood Elf Paladin. I love the Paladin class, and the idea of a person wielding the light to banish there enemies. Elves are generally my favorite fantasy race, the group of people who's race is in there Twilight, and is looking to survive.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations for this server is just to be a real place. Not exactly the World of Warcraft (where everyone has killed all the lore characters). I just want a place I can come to and have fun, without having to deal with a bunch of idiots, or people spamming they're need for gold.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
There isn't really one rule I like most, I just like the fact you have a VERY clear set of rules that allow for people to have fun, but also prevent people from doing stupid things.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
*This is the story of how my Character (Soriel, a Blood Elf Paladin) left his adoptive home, and went out to face the rest of the world, some of the characters in the story are based on characters from my WoW Server.*

Soriel sighed, closing up his travel bag. With a grunt he slung the bag over his shoulders. He pulled his hair back (which had gotten caught between his back and the bag) and flung it over his shoulder, tying it so that it wouldn't fall into a mess. He wore an off white Tunic with red Trim, tied with a leather belt, and dark pants. He grabbed his sword and scabbard and tied it to his belt. Sighing, he took a look around at his room. This had been the place he had slept for the past 2 years. His bed was made, and all his belongings packed into the bag. The room looked almost like it had when he had arrived there, except for a small letter on the pillow of his bed. The Letter was addressed to the Crimson Order, the name of the group that had let him live in there house for the past 2 years.
He silently closed the door behind him, not wanting to wake the other people on the floor. He then preceded to walk done the hall to the stairs. He continued to think of all the good times he had had over the years, the bonding with the others, the odd parties, and the quirky guests. Because his mind was preoccupied, he almost tripped over whiskers, the order's Cat.
After navigating the remaining stairs, he ended up in the common room. Asleep by the fire was a small child. He smiled and went over to pick her up.
"Typical" he thought as he picked her up. The child's name was Rearh, a young girl who was basically being raised by the order. The girl had become like a daughter to him over the years, and he felt a sadness leaving her behind, but knew that in time, the wound would heal. He took her over to the couch and put her down, covering her with a blanket. "This place had always been a mess." He whispered, wondering why there was even a blanket there.
"Soriey..." The girl whimpered in her sleep. Soriel smiled, knowing that he had made an impact on this girl, and she would remember him.
Soriel took a final look around at the common room. before heading for the door. He slowly opened the grand wooden doors, not wanting to leave, but knowing he had to. He stepped out the door, and then began to walk down the mountain path toward the bottom of the mountain. Soriel had always thought there were things wrong with the Order; The random guests, the eternal mess, but the worst thing was the fact that the manor was located up a mountain slope. Soriel began walking, knowing this might be the last time he crossed this mountain.
Jack Mackbell sat looking out the window of the manor. He knew that Soriel was going to leave, he was the Master of the Order, he knew everything that was going on in his house. He smiled and watched the Elf walk away, knowing that he would return someday.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm sorry if the story isn't my best, I've taken quite a long break from WoW, and also Roleplaying. Also, because of the fact i'm busy, I may not be on the server as often as some other people. I am just a little concerned that I might not be able to get into the community as well as other people.