Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction - Rijj
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi, I'm Rijj. I like music, film, history, and other things, as well as WoW. I joined WoW in 2006 and retired from it earlier this year, but I came here to return to the game. During my tenure on WoW, I founded and lead the Modan Co, a very successful RP guild on Moon Guard. I've always been more interested in RP than other things in WoW, which probably explains why I leveled so slowly.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from America (Texas to be exact) and I speak English. Hablo un poco espanol, tambien.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I'm fairly new to WC, I'd suppose. I never played much RTS games, so the first WC game I bought was WoW in late 2006. Since then, I've also played Warcraft 3.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I wanted to find a good private server for RP. I was impressed by this server's site and it came off as a well-established and successful server, so I figured it'd be my best choice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm open to many kinds, but I love adventures. I've played Rijj as an archaeologist because of this. I don't have anything against hanging around in the city for RP, but I find it much more fun to travel across the world and create thrilling adventures.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarf and hunter, which has been my main since I joined. The dwarves strike me as a society that merges industry, rationalism, and heroic awesomeness into one short being. As far as being a hunter... I like rifles, and I like the adventurous nature of a hunter. There's nothing quite like playing a foul-mouthed thrill-seeking historian.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A good private RP server where I can hopefully start up some successful plotlines and RP in general. I am confident that I will find a friendly and mature environment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Most definitely the rules on RP. I am very glad there are rules pertaining to humility and godmoding. Having RP rules in place is a great way to promote better roleplaying.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I've never been much of a story writer, so I'll give you a sample from a story I wrote a year ago.)
Spoiler:
They silently finished their drinks. It was clear that they both acknowledged such an awkward silence. Once again, Charlie decided to speak up. "Here we are drinking... when we've got a job to do. George, George. If we don't find us a boat for the boss by tomorrow morning, our asses will be grasses. "
"Where do you think we are right now, a human city? Ha! Goblins, you know, always selling you useless trash. Let's bring back a ten-gold rowboat!" They erupted into laughter.
"Funny, funny..." said Charlie, "But I've never really liked the whole goblins being cheap stereotype, y'know? I mean, yeah, yeah, they're capitalists. They're out to make a few coins whenever the opportunity comes. But wouldn't you agree that it's all pretty beneficial? I mean, every goblin is rich, even the poorest of them are rich, 'cos they know how to run an economy, and I much prefer that to the bureaucracy of Stormwind."
"Right, you are right, Charlie. But here's a big mistake they made. You know this ship? They deem it as old and useless. But that's a load of rubbish. We've both seen many boats, and we both know that there really isn't anything wrong with this boat. It's not new, it's not up to date with modern ships, but this boat is only about thirty years old! It could still be used for something other than a restaurant."
Charlie quickly stood up from his seat. He grinned wickedly. "See that sack under the table?"
"Yeah?"
"Look inside."
George took a peek in. "You... you tricky bastard! You're always prepared!"

"HANDS UP, EVERYONE!" shouted Charlie as he pointed a rifle into the air. He was back to back with George, and their rifles scared unsuspecting customers. "We're gonna be benevolent here, alright? I ain't asking for you to die or to mug you... well, mug you completely. All I want is five gold, five, gold, from everyone. Just five. George here will stand by the door and after you hand him the money, you're free to leave the ship. That means you, too, chefs and waiters and whatnot!" A line quickly formed by the door as cowardly patrons coughed up gold to leave in peace. "And if you DON'T have five gold... well, all I can say is... it's going to be a loooong and bumpy ride, my friends."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't think of anything the FAQ won't answer.