Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Addon button doesn't exist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently attempted to install GHI, but I've hit a bit of a snag....namely, upon logging on and getting to the character selection screen, there is no Addon button.

I can remedy this by running WoW as Administrator (Vista) and I never had this problem back when I played retail oddly enough. However, when I play the game in retail, GHI isn't even in the addon list....but instead, I get odd choices like UIBlizzard_GMChat, among others.

Any idea what's going on here?
I'm not particularly sure... do you keep your cache clear?
Ayup.
I've no idea then. Does anyone with more technological savvy know?
Hm. The most common problem I saw with addons and Vista was installing it correctly:
When you unzipped it, did you move the internal files directly into the addon folder instead of
the whole unzipped file? By internal files I mean the ones that show when you open the unzipped file.
Tried that, but no dice. Thanks anyway.
What is the exact path of your Addons folder?
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Interface\Addons , Currently.

Though I have also tried dumping the damn thing in various places in the WoW Folder.

NOTE: While running WoW In Admin mode on Vista, I can access the button, but my mods aren't there...

Instead I get:

Blizzard Arena UI
Blizzard Auction UI
Blizzard Barber UI
Ect, Ect, Ect.
World of Warcraft/Data/EnUS/Interface/Addons?
It should simply be
World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

There's your problem right there.
I gave that a shot in admin mode and normal Hero. No dice. The addons don't appear in Admin, the damn button still doesn't appear in normal. Thanks though.
Default paths for addons:

Windows XP "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
Vista "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
Machintosh "Machintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns"
Well... you could always download the curse client and use that to install and manage all your addons :D It doesn't take up much space, and makes life easier, haha. I had the same problem as you, the Addons folder wasn't there, and you can't just make an Addons file, so... use Curse ^^
Well, after extensive looking about, screaming at Vista, and tears, I was able to get things to work. Thanks Kretol, and everyone else!