Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Warmonger's intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing world of warcraft since december, last year. I began on a regular pve server, and it was fun for a long time. The only problem, was that it was all getting too "grindy". I would log on, farm about a hundred gold, gain my xp goal for the day, and maybe get in an instance if anyone was game. There was something that kept me coming back though. I was attatched to my characters, and the wow universe. I left this month because I wanted to join an rp server, and the retail ones were either full, or filled with anti-rpers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Canada, and my primary language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was looking online for a good mmorpg, and wow was the first one on the list. I downloaded a trial, and after about 5 minutes, I knew it was the game for me. That night, i stayed up until 3:00 am.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I did a search for best rp server, and the retail ones all had accounts of long queues or anti-rpers. What really intrigued me was the fact that your pvp toggle is free for all. It could make some verry interesting rps. The ratchet arena/Sin'sholai also look like good storylines.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like most types of roleplays. Your character will end up in many different kinds of them, so its best not to play favorites.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like Night Elf druids the best. They understand the balance, and work to keep corruption in check. Druids are relatively peaceful, but they will cull the numbers of a populace if the need to. I also like the idea of how their personality may change in different forms. A bear may be stubborn and focused, and a cat may be savage and hyperactive.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to be able to rp without ooc drama and leet speak in the channels constantly. It really takes away from the immersiveness when that happens.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the maturity rule. Too many times have I seen somebody erupting because they arent X, or they have to die in order to save the rest of the people. Nobody likes it when the paladin tank bubbles in order to teach the mage a lesson, or when a hunter misdirects the boss on to the priest because he is bored.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The rain beat down on rayden as he walked along the trail. There was something causing the creatures to act more aggressive, and he wanted to learn why. Kaldar had informed him of a group of forsaken spotted by the lake. So that would be a good place to start.

As he neared the lake, he heard voices. "The experiments are going well."said the first. "Yes, but I think the elves are catching on to us." another replied. "Its true!" Rayden gasped. The undead said they were testing a new plague on the creatures of duskwood. There were only three of them, and they were unarmed. It would be an easy kill, he thought.

Rayden shifted into a panther, and prowled up behind them. He pounced at the first undead, and tore his claws through his back. The others were rummaging for a weapon to be used against Rayden, but he quickly swiped the legs of one. The other managed to pull out a small dagger, and thrusted it at him. It cut into his leg in midair, but his other paw was soon clawing at his face. The undead fell back, and tripped over a rock. Rayden quickly raked him across the chest, finishing him off. The first undead was behind him, holding a bottle of poison. He threw it at him, and it shattered on his skin. he gnawed on the undeads arm, while swiping with his left paw. The undead, knocked onto his back, was mortally wounded, but he wouldn't let the druid get away without regret. He grabbed his fallen comrades dagger, and slashed the druid in the side before getting rended by the druids claws.

Rayden shifted back to his night elf form, and casted a healing spell on himself to close the wounds. He rummaged through the undead's sack, and found a journal. It was full of records documenting the experiments done on the animals. He retched at what he had read. Horrified by what he saw, he shifted into panther form, and sprinted towards Astranaar, eager to inform Kaldar.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope that this server stays as great as it appears now for a long time.