Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: LOOK! An eagle! *dives into server while no-one is looking*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well. I go by the name of Liam, AKA Araxer. I love playing WoW, I love roleplaying, and I am currently loving life. I'm 16 minus a month, trainin' up for exams and eyeing this awesome RP server to be my relaxation zone. I'll be honest, I've been described occasionally as arrogant, but I'm really just looking for some fun RP and a nice community to spend some time on. Generally I like to try and make people laugh, my humour ranging from cynical observations to a bit of friendly (only occasionally unfriendly) sarcasm. I'm sorta also addicted to World of Warcraft, along with Coca Cola and Heavy Metal... Machine Head for the world. *makes devil horns with hand and raises in air*. Aesthetics of Hate. *moshes*. 'Nuff said.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from jolly old Great Britain, Manchester to be precise. And, if you ask if I drink tea because I'm from England.... well... *implies threat*.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Actually, I got into Warcraft during a session of Dungeons and Dragons with my dad and uncles. My favourite uncle (don't tell the other two he's my favourite, please :o) gave me a World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game book. Of course, from that point on I lost all interest in tabletop roleplaying games, and researched World of Warcraft on the net, found the game just after Burning Crusade was released, and been playing it ever since. I was originally on the Darkmoon Faire [EU] server, but I have been on the Argent Dawn [EU] Server for a year or so now. If you didn't know, the Argent Dawn server has its own little website dedicated to roleplaying, and I thought I'd share my exploits with you; here's a link to my Argent Archives profile if you'd like a look, to my main character: http://argentarchives.org/node/29565

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, I have done a LOT of research on good private WoW RP servers, and after Argent Dawn has become a haven for lolRP now, there are no decent RP servers left Europe-side anymore. So, I was very interested in coming to a server such as this one, and from my research I have found that this is considered the best private-RP server. So, under my own assurance that I doubt this server could have existed so long if it's actually illegal, I'm going to carry on my WoW subscription but hopefully play on this private server. From what I've seen from the wiki and forums you have AWESOME RP and a pretty AWESOME community too. Is my flattering coercing into liking me yet? The capitals make it even MORE flattering! Apparently. No? Didn't think so. But yeah, I'd just like to come here and have some great RP with you folks.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like fighting, but not often against the other faction, not unless RP demands it. RP-PvP is in my mind great for immersion though, so no complaints. After a big thing RPing in the Argent Tournament with some folks from my current server, I've found I love RPing as an Argent Crusader, albeit I believe that I'm going to engage in a complicated Argent storyline (perhaps beginning as a squire if someone would take me?) and just playing around with a neutral Scourge hater. Generally I like skirmish roleplay, in dungeons or something, or just generally talking to people. Tavern RP always agree with me, but I think my Argent character will avoid alcohol ICly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

It's not to everyones taste, but a Human Warrior. At first, it was because it was most like me (at first I wanted to be most like a Tauren, but alas, I realised I don't have horns. /cry), but now because I believe that humans are potentially the strongest race in some respects, but also the weakest. And warriors, because, or so I've been told, I roleplay hitting things very well. In fact, it's generally what I do most of the time. Many punctuate their speech with gestures; my characters punch various surfaces for emphasis. However, they also learn not to hit stone once they've broken a knuckle or two in a full plated gauntlet. I also prefer warriors so they are the most related to the paladin, but I prefer RPing as a followed of the Light, not a zealot.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have no expectations, 'cos then I can't be disappointed. Nah, but seriously, all I want is some fun, serious RP and a great community to share my experience of WoW with. And if you give me a chance, I promise not to let down your expectations of me. 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'. JFK said that. And in my terms; 'Ask not what your server can do for you, but what you can do for your server'. I guess, hehe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The no-nonsense attitude to lol-RP basically; I'm fairly sure if I come here I can be guaranteed fun, mature, great RP. And I really want to be a part of that. Also, I love the forums/wiki combination, and then general strong sense of community that I can see from the regulations and forums.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Aubrey stalked across the desert known as Hardyn, leaving the jungle haven of the Rothern Rainforest far behind. He touched the hilt of his rapier to check it was still there; he wasn't afraid, but this desert was renowned for its savage beasts, everything from scorpions to trolls. The sack was clutched in his hand, crimson, sticky blood dripping from the bottom, staining the sand. He knew every animal for miles around would smell it; because he could. His armour was beginning to rust, after being exposed to rain, mud, and all forms of weather, it was beginning to show its use. He'd have to make sure he cleaned and polished it when he reached home, he decided. But right now, he had a job to complete. Making his way across the sands of Hardyn may have been hazardous, but he felt completely confident in his abilities to make the trek successfully. His pack clunked against his shield on his back, filled with various metal implements, cloth, and materials he deemed necessary for survival. Grunting, he pulled his rifle out of the pack, holstering it over his shoulder, before deciding that the decapitated head would be in a better position for transportation if it was in his pack. Thinking quickly, he took a length of rope from his pack, firmly fastened the sack shut, and then tied it to his pack. He nodded in satisfaction; this was much easier with both hands free. He continued his journey, leaving deep footprints wherever his plated boots struck the soft sand.

The hyenas hiding behind the outcrop of weeds had smelt the scent of the blood. And they were hungry. They were a small pack, containing just six individuals, but they had survived over fifteen seasons. They had faced trolls, and eaten them for dinner. They had taken down giraffes… elephants… humans. But this swift figure with the tasty snack in his pack made them uneasy. He smelt of the humans they tried to avoid, but often ended up preying on. But he also smelt of wolf. He was both… and yet he was neither. This made him unique; and therefore, a threat till proven otherwise. They padded along behind him, wary of the metal-claw-that-killed clutched in his hand. But they were also starving, and the cockier hyenas were licking the spots of blood from the sand that dripped from the sack, that enticed them with its bloody aroma. With a soft yelp, their leader called them back, and communicated his basic plan: run behind the man-wolf-stranger all together, and kill him. With quiet yelps of elation, his pack surrounded their patriarch and charged full pelt at the man's back.

Aubrey turned his head slightly, listening intently to the hyenas yelping. He knew they had been tracking him for at least the past five minutes, and he was prepared for their assault. He closed his eyes, watching in his mind the hyenas coming closer and closer, their padded footsteps across the sand quite audible to him. He let them approach, until their leader was three feet away from his heels, and then he reacted. Whirling round, rapier in hand, he thrust with the blade, piercing the hyena's throat as it did his job for him, running straight on to his sword, running the hyena through completely. With his other hand, he brought his loaded rifle from his holster, and shooting the closest hyena on the left right between the eyes. With his right leg, he brought his plated boot down heavily on a hyena's head, which was in the act of trying to bite him, stamping on its skull, crushing the life from it. Three dead in as many seconds; the hyenas were afraid now, having seen the strength and skill of the man-wolf-stranger. The last three quickly encircled him, hoping to corner him, prowling round to prevent his escape. Aubrey took advantage of the lapse in their aggression, firing twice, killing one instantly, and fatally wounding the other. The last hyena slowly backed away, not quite as courageous in the face of such slaughter, and ran for its life, tail between its legs.
Aubrey kicked the nearest hyena corpse, inspecting his work. Four were stone dead, killed by his gun, his rapier, or his plated boot. One still moaned pitifully, kicking its three undamaged legs weakly. He walked over, and observed the terror projected from the hyena's eyes. He placed his rifle at its forehead, and with a loud ‘boom', he put it out of its misery. He looked at the leader's body, and the rapier hilt protruding from its mouth. He pulled a piece of linen cloth from his pack, and then yanked the rapier from the corpse, cleaning the blade on the cloth. He sheathed his sword, looking round at his victory, and grunted with satisfaction. It had been quick, and there wasn't a scratch on him. He holstered his rifle, and continued towards the Keep; he was determined to deliver this package intact for his reward. He knew his destination well, after having lived within its walls for so long: Eldroth Hold. Luckily, the deserter was not a soldier of Eldroth Hold. He was a runaway guard from Thunderkeep, with important military secrets; his superiors believed he would betray them to the Horde. And so, Aubrey was only happy to kill him and collect the large bounty placed on his head.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

...I bring cookies.
Oh wait, I think I see it, It's a sor- Waaaaait a minute...
That's not right... an eagles not supposed to have 7.5 heads and a sponge.. You're a liar, Whoops? Where'd you...
.. .
Welcome to Conquest of The Horde!

Hey, if you've got some questions lying around, you can ask me, and yes, the cookies are well welcome, I'm hungry.

Oh, and one more thing, /join chat when logged in!

Happy RPing!
Welcome to the server! :D I used to play on Earthen Ring myself, but I was always envious of you AD folks and your fancy archives - your page is really well put together, by the way. On that note, you seem to have a knack for formatting that sort of thing, because your intro was great, too!

It's also good to see another person on here who currently shares my pain of preparing for/doing one's GCSEs. QQ

Again, welcome! I'm sure you'll fit right in... wait. You're British and you don't drink tea? GTFO!

... :P

Now where was that eagle?
My my, I too was on ER :D lol welcome.