Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Stormwind Stables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really hope this one is possible. It would be awesome if there would be a stable just outside of the Gates of Stormwind, where travelers could rest their mounts. The idea came into my head after hearing certain mounts weren't allowed inside of Stormwind.
It can be really plain and simple, just a stable with a caretaker or two. How does that sound?
I think it's a good idea, personally.

However, I think the reason certain mounts aren't allowed in is because they're seen as wild and that they might eat each other (At least for Nightsabers to Horses, I believe.) What would stop them from attacking while in the stable?
Valikani Wrote:However, I think the reason certain mounts aren't allowed in is because they're seen as wild and that they might eat each other (At least for Nightsabers to Horses, I believe.) What would stop them from attacking while in the stable?

Evil caretakers with electric pointed sticks?
Anyway, it does sound like a good idea to me.
But, and not to sound like a douche, is it worth the GMs time? They have many things to do recently... Echo Isles, Gnomeregan, et cetera.

If they can fit it into their schedule, why not? But I think it'll only happen if they have free time, or something.
I don't think this will take to much time. I think the models are already there.
Edit: Not saying this needs priority, the GM's are busy indeed.
I think this is a great idea. Though I don't know if GMs are able to summon such models, we also should see if they have time for this, of course.
Those stables would only cater for the mounts which are not allowed in Stormwind. I'm not really sure what those mounts are, but I'm sure that they aren't many, so the stables won't really be of much use. Couple that with the GM's current workload... >.>
Well I don't think that the idea will last more than three day tops, would become boring and people will forget about it so it's pretty much uselles.
How can this idea get borring? Gm's can even spam only a fence like one in Goldshire. It wil be used when ever someone ICly passes trough the SW gates.
It is for casual use indeed, thank you FS. I just think it's a bit illogical that a city like Stormwind doesn't even have a place to keep the horses/mounts
Mm. Stormwind already has a lot goin' on at the moment. I'd think you could just tie them up somewhere along the gates.
Rensin Wrote:Mm. Stormwind already has a lot goin' on at the moment. I'd think you could just tie them up somewhere along the gates.

That's generally how most people I've seen do it.

Either near the big gates where the Valley of Heroes meets Elwynn Forest, or those moving gates when you go into the actual city are where people leave their Elekk, Sabers, or whatever else isn't allowed in Stormwind.
Well, I guess. But in a city like Stormwind it is a bit odd that there isn't any cover for the animals. Having stables would be logical.
Well, I guess. But in a city like Stormwind it is a bit odd that there isn't any cover for the animals. Having stables would be logical.