Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Undead physiology.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To me the undead body is dead, the undead does not need to eat, sleep or breath. When they are wounded they do feel pain. But this "pain" I believe is a memory, a memory of how it would, or rather should have felt if the undead would still be alive. The body is simply an empty shell, driven by an unknown energy. This energy could be the remnants of the persons soul, it could have been infused by the necromancer who raised the undead. I think of it as unknown what drives the undead.
As their bodies are dead a flesh wound is not more than a distraction for the, a broken bone however would be dissastrous. They still need some parts of the body, otherwise they could not move it. The bones give stability to the body and muscles allows it to bend arms and legs. However, they have no need for the heart nor for eyes it would seem. There are many undead who manage to see even with empty eyesockets, this could be due to the energy that makes them "live".
Now then, are undead impervious to wounds? No absolutely not, if they´re stomach would be penetrated by a sword they would mos likely loose a few important sinews, muscles and similar. If one would brake a bone the undead would loose an important part, and as the undead doesn´t heal naturally they have to seek aid at a necromancer or priest for healing and "repairs".

Soo, I wonder does people agree with this?
If not why? please give explanations and argument for how you think it´s like.
This is pretty much how I work with Qaza and her "family": bleeding to death isn't really a factor, but just like in the zombie movies, beheading, limb severing, and burning are. Another thing to keep in mind is the character's reactions to these wounds. If they like to think of themselves as simply "not quite living", they may be a bit distraught if someone lops their hand off and there's no blood.
*Nods* Well, is this the general view of the server? `cuz it wouldn´t be very good if people have their own ideas about how everything works. That could destroy awhole lot of RP.

Moreover, if someone poke around in your brain a little, and cut of a small bit would how would you let it affect your character?

I´m thinking of letting my character getting regular headaches, maybe some psychological problems.
Hm, that's a good question. It could be argued that there are quite a few undead models with stuff sticking out of their heads, but they never seem to be very talkative. If we go by the "head needs to be attached to body" scenario, then I suspect brain damage would have a very real effect.

I'd love to hear other views on this, or if anyone finds any solid Blizzard information.
As a Undead, And Warcraft "History" it is Assumed that The Undead Feed on the dark powers around them. There are two likely ways of the Undead Rising which are: Necromantic Dark Energies, and Electric Pulses through the body (Mostly used on the "Abominations"). First of all Dark energies and Artificial Diseases run through the body of the subject leaving the Necromancer in full control of the Subject, if the will of the subject is strong enough to break free from that possession then the Undead will move freely without command, most of those "Free" Undead are committed to the Forsaken. While the Other "Weak" Subjects which i will have a look in Further Studies, and i have to know more about the Will of the Lich King, when Wrath of the Lich King comes out.

With Abominations and other Humanoids Brought back to life Artificially, They have to have the Curtain types of body parts because they are not functioning with dark Magics. The memory of those are wiped due to reconstruction of the Brain and Heart wise. So the Brain of such has to be taught as if they were a newborn Child, yet Concluding to the size of their Brain matters, how long it take to learn persay.
Like you said: "the memory of pain" is what hurts them, so, would it not make sense that getting your inerds cut out would play out in the undeads mind very seriosly as it used to be very important?
Also through my studies it shows that Some Undead have never really died, they have just been Affected by the Plague and became Insane, such as Arthas... He Never Really Died but his Status says otherwise, Some Murlocs around Tirisfal Glades and Even The Rot Hide Gnolls, now you see being drove insane i Presume is Automatically becoming Undead, but Almost all of the Forsaken are risen back from the Grave Except for two: Varimtharas and The Apothecary, They Both Have not yet Risen from the Grave, Varimtharas is Assumed to be Forsaken thy being Slaved By Mistress Windrunner but the Apothecary is Just Unfortunately Succumbed to the Plague. :(
Hmm, You do have a point Qaza. But still, how can they use it? with the organs being dead in what way does the brain affect them?
A couple of guidelines from the Deathtusk guild page:

"Zombies may or may not retain their memories of their former life and personality. (Keep in mind that if you've been rotting for a while, the ol' gray matter may not work like it used to, though.)"

"IMPORTANT!! Zombies are by NO MEANS unstoppable. Just because they are undead does not mean they are undying. As with most zombie flicks (and most trolls), beheading (or otherwise destroying the head) or destroying the body (by crushing, immolating, melting in acid, etc.) results in permanent termination, and missing limbs must be carefully reattached, or they simply fall off again."

I'd add more, but I'm off to work. Yikes!
Well I´ll go with that then. Brain=important.
Now I must figure out some consequences for Alistus...Hmm, anyone with any ideas?
Memory loss, headaches, and probably loss of certain motor functions. Also, depending on which side of the brain it was, it could be slurred speech, or loss of rationality and reasoning.
*sighs* This will be tough, but I hope it´s ok if simply choose one or two of those effects?
I usually play Andre with his only "I'm permanently dead" being his head. If that's chopped off, blown apart, sliced in half, or any other method of horrible maiming, I consider him dead until somehow repaired (Unlikely). Otherwise, I treat all of his organs (except his stomach) as expendable because he doesn't use them anymore. He's not really meant to be a down-to-the-letter realistic villain, because he's sort of a comedy relief villain. At least until he kills something.