Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I got introduced to roleplaying about three years ago, I started out at a PvP server when I bought WoW but soon after found something to be lacking. I didn't want to spend all my time in progressing with the game, instead I wanted to socialize more and I even tried to roleplay a bit at that PvP server - which of course ended in a disaster. So after that experience, I rolled on Argent Dawn with the launch of Burning Crusade. Since then I've had many pleasant experiences with roleplaying. IC, most of my characters actually tend to be a bit silent - the loner types that get more social after familiarising with other people. OOC, well.. *shrugs* I'm a pretty nice guy I guess. :P

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm 20-years-old and I live in the Netherlands.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into contact after watching a friend play WarCraft 2. But the first actual game I owned myself was WarCraft 3. I've played it for over four years and I also loved creating custom maps for it. I'm currently looking forward to StarCraft 2 for the same reason.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I google'd a bit. I've been searching for a private roleplaying server for quite some time now and from what I've seen so far this seems like the perfect choice for me to start.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I don't get my characters involved in fights (most of the times). I prefer talking to people around cities or do the occasional adventerous trekking around Azeroth.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race? I'd say that's a toss up between Blood Elf and Human, probably Blood Elf because their male characters look like they don't eat a bowl of steroids for breakfast each morning. Favourite race would have to be Mage, because I love everything about it. From the lore that's involved with it, the class mechanics, and of course.. Blink!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I've browsed the forums a bit. So far so good, I absolutely loved the time I spent at Argent Dawn and I hope there's tons of friendly roleplayers to be met out here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Being familiar with the history of Azeroth. I know quite a deal from Azeroth's lore, though I must admit that I don't have any WarCraft-related books. I did learn a lot from the previous games in the WarCraft series.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a cold night, about five months after Seregil left his normal, if you could call it that, life. He was freezing, and his hunt this day was not successful. Seregil knew he wouldn't survive for long if he kept on living like this, but he didn't care. He went to sleep, exhausted.

In his dream, he saw a bright gray, almost white, light, and a voice spoke to him;

“Seregil, your faith has disappeared, you do not believe in the Holy Light anymore. Like all Blood Elves. This is not meant to be. We are helping you, healing your race, yet few of your people would believe it if we told them. There are dark times ahead, and your people need something to believe in, something pure. The demonic energies you use now are no good. The Light will cure you and your race. We will help you. So, Seregil Amberlight, do what your ancestors have done before, and show your people that there is a light in the end of the tunnel. Rise, Seregil, and spread my message, the Light will be with you from now on”

And then Seregil woke up, chocked by this strange dream. Who was it? What did he mean? Who were helping the Blood Elves? He felt like he had a lot more questions he needed an answer for now than before. But he had no time for thinking, a large group of bandits were approaching him, they must have seen his campfire on the top of the hill he was sleeping on. There was about five of them, and Seregil, somehow strengthened by this mysterious dream, prepared for a battle.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I got introduced to roleplaying about three years ago, I started out at a PvP server when I bought WoW but soon after found something to be lacking. I didn't want to spend all my time in progressing with the game, instead I wanted to socialize more and I even tried to roleplay a bit at that PvP server - which of course ended in a disaster. So after that experience, I rolled on Argent Dawn with the launch of Burning Crusade. Since then I've had many pleasant experiences with roleplaying. IC, most of my characters actually tend to be a bit silent - the loner types that get more social after familiarising with other people. OOC, well.. *shrugs* I'm a pretty nice guy I guess. :P

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm 20-years-old and I live in the Netherlands.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into contact after watching a friend play WarCraft 2. But the first actual game I owned myself was WarCraft 3. I've played it for over four years and I also loved creating custom maps for it. I'm currently looking forward to StarCraft 2 for the same reason.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I google'd a bit. I've been searching for a private roleplaying server for quite some time now and from what I've seen so far this seems like the perfect choice for me to start.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I don't get my characters involved in fights (most of the times). I prefer talking to people around cities or do the occasional adventerous trekking around Azeroth.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race? I'd say that's a toss up between Blood Elf and Human, probably Blood Elf because their male characters look like they don't eat a bowl of steroids for breakfast each morning. Favourite race would have to be Mage, because I love everything about it. From the lore that's involved with it, the class mechanics, and of course.. Blink!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I've browsed the forums a bit. So far so good, I absolutely loved the time I spent at Argent Dawn and I hope there's tons of friendly roleplayers to be met out here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Being familiar with the history of Azeroth. I know quite a deal from Azeroth's lore, though I must admit that I don't have any WarCraft-related books. I did learn a lot from the previous games in the WarCraft series.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a cold night, about five months after Seregil left his normal, if you could call it that, life. He was freezing, and his hunt this day was not successful. Seregil knew he wouldn't survive for long if he kept on living like this, but he didn't care. He went to sleep, exhausted.

In his dream, he saw a bright gray, almost white, light, and a voice spoke to him;

“Seregil, your faith has disappeared, you do not believe in the Holy Light anymore. Like all Blood Elves. This is not meant to be. We are helping you, healing your race, yet few of your people would believe it if we told them. There are dark times ahead, and your people need something to believe in, something pure. The demonic energies you use now are no good. The Light will cure you and your race. We will help you. So, Seregil Amberlight, do what your ancestors have done before, and show your people that there is a light in the end of the tunnel. Rise, Seregil, and spread my message, the Light will be with you from now on”

And then Seregil woke up, chocked by this strange dream. Who was it? What did he mean? Who were helping the Blood Elves? He felt like he had a lot more questions he needed an answer for now than before. But he had no time for thinking, a large group of bandits were approaching him, they must have seen his campfire on the top of the hill he was sleeping on. There was about five of them, and Seregil, somehow strengthened by this mysterious dream, prepared for a battle.