Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Science of Magic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Science of Magic
A view on the arcane from a point of speculative science

I have had time to discuss this with a few people, and I think its time it moved into a more open forum(pun not intended). You see in here we will be discussing the scientific part of magic, or the arcane as it is called.

It is with my speculations that magic is a force of nature. Not dissimilar to gravity. It works by interacting with the most basic of matter at even sub atomic levels. It's energy can change the composition of atoms at its smallest parts. Changing its energy and shape. The titans, as I believe, are a form of either pure arcane, or at most an evolutionary status set by arcane's touch through eons ago. They crafted the eternal well and filled it with arcane touched water, thus beginning Azeroth's many arcane touched life-forms. This jump started the evolution of the creatures of Azeroth. The magic touched fauna created the natural magic that many races use, most notably the Kal'Dorei. When one uses anything that has been touched by magic, they too are left with a feint bit of magic. Given enough time they may be able to bend the force to their will. However it leads them down a slippery road, because the arcane can, and does, change the users atoms in a similar way it does everything else.

This being said, I have to add, there -may- be two forces of magic, Arcane and Fel. However Fel is usually a term related to bad arcane magic. The destuctive side if you will, but it may be another force of magic. Similar to the strong and weak nuclear force.

Please contribute to this discussion if you find that you have valuable additions.
The Science of Magic
A view on the arcane from a point of speculative science

I have had time to discuss this with a few people, and I think its time it moved into a more open forum(pun not intended). You see in here we will be discussing the scientific part of magic, or the arcane as it is called.

It is with my speculations that magic is a force of nature. Not dissimilar to gravity. It works by interacting with the most basic of matter at even sub atomic levels. It's energy can change the composition of atoms at its smallest parts. Changing its energy and shape. The titans, as I believe, are a form of either pure arcane, or at most an evolutionary status set by arcane's touch through eons ago. They crafted the eternal well and filled it with arcane touched water, thus beginning Azeroth's many arcane touched life-forms. This jump started the evolution of the creatures of Azeroth. The magic touched fauna created the natural magic that many races use, most notably the Kal'Dorei. When one uses anything that has been touched by magic, they too are left with a feint bit of magic. Given enough time they may be able to bend the force to their will. However it leads them down a slippery road, because the arcane can, and does, change the users atoms in a similar way it does everything else.

This being said, I have to add, there -may- be two forces of magic, Arcane and Fel. However Fel is usually a term related to bad arcane magic. The destuctive side if you will, but it may be another force of magic. Similar to the strong and weak nuclear force.

Please contribute to this discussion if you find that you have valuable additions.