Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Housing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think it'd be a brilliant idea to make certain areas where there might be 10 or so houses, purchasable by the Token system (alot of tokens, obviously). I'm not too sure how possible this is to do, but I think it'd be a major improvement.
If you wanted, you could possibly go to the extent of creating a mini village, with a few shops owned by specific people.
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think it'd be a brilliant idea to make certain areas where there might be 10 or so houses, purchasable by the Token system (alot of tokens, obviously). I'm not too sure how possible this is to do, but I think it'd be a major improvement.
If you wanted, you could possibly go to the extent of creating a mini village, with a few shops owned by specific people.
Unfortunately, this has been suggested. Time and time again. Hehe.

The replies/answers have always been the same. No.

You can "temporarily claim" a building for the use of it's interior for such settings, but posting any "official claims" on it on the website/forums aren't the way to go.

Other than that, the virtual world of Azeroth is vast and always there for you to venture through.
Unfortunately, this has been suggested. Time and time again. Hehe.

The replies/answers have always been the same. No.

You can "temporarily claim" a building for the use of it's interior for such settings, but posting any "official claims" on it on the website/forums aren't the way to go.

Other than that, the virtual world of Azeroth is vast and always there for you to venture through.
Sadly, we do not allow player housing at this time.

In fact, a very long time ago we had something very similar to what you had brought up, but it was removed due to complications, including the fact that when someone leaves the server or goes inactive- what happens to the house and everything with it?

It's been presented in the past that we could have a 'town' of basic houses, where people can RP as if the place is theirs, and then leave it for someone else to 'claim' at a later time, seeing how we also have rules against people 'owning' a location OOC'ly as their own (Beyond some special circumstances). But, this would all have to be discussed more and I will keep you posted.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Kainue beat me to it. *Shakes Fist*
Sadly, we do not allow player housing at this time.

In fact, a very long time ago we had something very similar to what you had brought up, but it was removed due to complications, including the fact that when someone leaves the server or goes inactive- what happens to the house and everything with it?

It's been presented in the past that we could have a 'town' of basic houses, where people can RP as if the place is theirs, and then leave it for someone else to 'claim' at a later time, seeing how we also have rules against people 'owning' a location OOC'ly as their own (Beyond some special circumstances). But, this would all have to be discussed more and I will keep you posted.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Kainue beat me to it. *Shakes Fist*
Secrettom Wrote:Edit: Kainue beat me to it. *Shakes Fist*

My first post in awhile on top of that too!
Secrettom Wrote:Edit: Kainue beat me to it. *Shakes Fist*

My first post in awhile on top of that too!
Out of curiousity, how come thats the rule? Seems odd on a private server for RP, where GMs can build things with ease (spawn-able items anyway). Possibly i've been spoilt by Epilogue and its building system but hey.
Out of curiousity, how come thats the rule? Seems odd on a private server for RP, where GMs can build things with ease (spawn-able items anyway). Possibly i've been spoilt by Epilogue and its building system but hey.
With the issue of people leaving: if they spawn too many houses that causes server lag. If someone were to leave, what would happen? Would they delete it only for the person to come back and wonder?

With it being against the rules: drama. "This house is mine!" "I was here first!" "Nuh-uh! GMs! Help tell them I was!"
With the issue of people leaving: if they spawn too many houses that causes server lag. If someone were to leave, what would happen? Would they delete it only for the person to come back and wonder?

With it being against the rules: drama. "This house is mine!" "I was here first!" "Nuh-uh! GMs! Help tell them I was!"
Well, having bases/houses/camps/forts etc. etc. only for guilds or communities, wheres the harm in that? Allows them some physical status and show of their power and provides more personal rp areas. If people leave them, they could become overgrown/abbandoned/NPCs could move in or they get destroyed by something. Helps make the world feel less static and more alive.

Worked well on Epilogue at least. Was damn fun building up our little bandit camp in Deadwind Pass.
Well, having bases/houses/camps/forts etc. etc. only for guilds or communities, wheres the harm in that? Allows them some physical status and show of their power and provides more personal rp areas. If people leave them, they could become overgrown/abbandoned/NPCs could move in or they get destroyed by something. Helps make the world feel less static and more alive.

Worked well on Epilogue at least. Was damn fun building up our little bandit camp in Deadwind Pass.
It was already said to be against the rules, please drop it. This isn't Epilogue.
Pages: 1 2