Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Did the battle.net merger ruin the server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm new, and I have been dying to try this server. I haven't logged in yet, posted my introduction last night and it was approved and I made a server account this morning. Turns out, I had patched too high, and once I fixed that, got ready to log in. I felt happy "Finally some good roleplaying!" I thought to myself and then...BAM "Your account is not merged with a battle.net account" or something of that calibur. I can't log in, and I can't merge this account with a battle.net one (I don't even want to try that.) So are my hopes smashed, or is there a solution?

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it on my own, but help is appreciated!
Alright, I'm new, and I have been dying to try this server. I haven't logged in yet, posted my introduction last night and it was approved and I made a server account this morning. Turns out, I had patched too high, and once I fixed that, got ready to log in. I felt happy "Finally some good roleplaying!" I thought to myself and then...BAM "Your account is not merged with a battle.net account" or something of that calibur. I can't log in, and I can't merge this account with a battle.net one (I don't even want to try that.) So are my hopes smashed, or is there a solution?

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it on my own, but help is appreciated!
What do you mean, patched too high? We're at the latest patch.

Also, ensure you're running WoW from Wow.exe, not the launcher. Furthermore, double-check that you've made the changes to your realmlist.wtf file, and that there's only one of them (it usually helps to do a search on your computer for realmlist).
What do you mean, patched too high? We're at the latest patch.

Also, ensure you're running WoW from Wow.exe, not the launcher. Furthermore, double-check that you've made the changes to your realmlist.wtf file, and that there's only one of them (it usually helps to do a search on your computer for realmlist).
I thought this would happen. I knew this was one of the reasons why Blizzard did it. The problem is that ( I believe ) your account name here is the same as one on retail. With the realmlist, you can connect to both retail and CotH without changing them somehow, so I'd say the best bet here is to make an account with a name that hasn't been used on retail.
I thought this would happen. I knew this was one of the reasons why Blizzard did it. The problem is that ( I believe ) your account name here is the same as one on retail. With the realmlist, you can connect to both retail and CotH without changing them somehow, so I'd say the best bet here is to make an account with a name that hasn't been used on retail.
Well, What I meant was I got a wowerror, so I repatched, and that fixed it. And I am using wow.exe, so I'll try making another server account, and see if that works. Thanks.

But, does that mean I have to create another forum account too? >.< I really don't want to have to make another introduction, and I don't know if I can just make one for this reason...
Well, What I meant was I got a wowerror, so I repatched, and that fixed it. And I am using wow.exe, so I'll try making another server account, and see if that works. Thanks.

But, does that mean I have to create another forum account too? >.< I really don't want to have to make another introduction, and I don't know if I can just make one for this reason...
EUREKA! I FIXED IT! Turns out it WAS the realmlist, how stupid I can be sometimes. I thought I had the correct realmlist, but I decided to open it and see, for some reason, it was this massive document on loading strange things O_o, I deleted it, and fixed it, then tried logging in and it worked!
EUREKA! I FIXED IT! Turns out it WAS the realmlist, how stupid I can be sometimes. I thought I had the correct realmlist, but I decided to open it and see, for some reason, it was this massive document on loading strange things O_o, I deleted it, and fixed it, then tried logging in and it worked!
Good to hear! 'Tis why we constantly pester people to double, triple and quadruple-check their realmlist! ;)
Good to hear! 'Tis why we constantly pester people to double, triple and quadruple-check their realmlist! ;)