Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Joseph`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Gee...where to start...

The name's James, a 17 (going 18 this January) year old Archaeology student from England.
My hobbies include (but are not limited to) Archaeology, Reading, Gaming (obviously) Archery and drawing the odd bit of artwork...
The majority of said artwork is often warcraft-related but i do the odd coloured edit for friends and family too

To any other folks who co-incidently are from jolly 'ol England you'll find me in the little splodge in the north-west (or south-west Scotland, depending on your view) called Cumbria

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
What country i'm from...
Well to put it simply i'm in England

If you want to go further in that, i'm in possibly one of the most desolate places in north-western England you can get. The accent is horrific alternating between Geordie, Scottish and Cumbrian of which i've sadly inherited all three including a hint of Irishness in there...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Being rather embarrasing to say, my mother actually got me into Warcraft and initially, i never saw the RP aspect of it, always choosing to raid and PVP near constantly, raiding Naxx and having lost endless amounts of armour to my mother proved quite humiliating and thus PVE started to loose its attraction

By a stroke of fate i picked a realm at random out of all the RP / RPPVP realms and came across one i would come to consider my home on 'Scarshield Legion'
A good two years of roleplaying there opened my eyes to how interesting roleplaying was though sadly i became what some people would consider 'elitist' in my views... I saw the roleplay dying off, becoming corrupted or just generally boring and repetative.

Epilogue soon followed and that is where i found my new home and helped contribute to the server's growth ever so slightly by joining in its closed beta, open beta though sadly it never reached live.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I looked around after the unfortunate collapse of Epilogue for new servers, several names came to me.
Libertas, Archaic WoW and Conquest of the Horde

The first two i had a look at and decided they just didn't suit what i was looking for but upon looking at this realm i asked a few friends who highly recommended it purely for its friendly community and interesting play-style

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Ergh...this is difficult...
I've always been a bit of a mix-and-match roleplayer...
Sometimes i roleplay for comedy value, breaking the fourth wall and making characters which are purely there for ambience and for entertainment.
Other times i do enjoy taking a fighting role and more militaristic styles of roleplay, often in the form of Scarlet Crusade roleplay.
Back on retail (and on Epilogue) i often found myself roleplaying peasants / merchants and choosing to roleplay through material gain rather than brute strength...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
i'm not sure if you get this a lot but its more than likely either human or Dwarf for race purely for the fact i can associate with them more, i enjoy reading their lore far more than other races and possibly because there are fewer restrictions on them than other races

As for class, i prefer being a warrior, why?
It can lead to any amount of different RP styles, its fantastic for roleplaying since it can equip the largest variety of armour and weapons and i generally find it more flexible

As for what i intend to roleplay (sorry, the question threw me a bit on this part) i prefer something i can apply my own real-life knowledge to:
An Explorer's League Archaeologist
near the end of Epilogue, i ended up roleplaying a Dwarf Archaeologist who made his home in the Badlands seeking to reclaim the excavation sites in the area simply because i find the concept of playing an Archaeologist to be thrilling! I see it in this game as more of the 'treasure-hunting' variety than the typical one you would encounter in real-life

What are your expectations of this server?:
I honestly don't know what to say here.
It seems so well regulated that i really don't know what to expect, the player-base seems mature and friendly, the 'trial' system seems to be a fine-working feature so i guess i can only really expect the roleplaying to be of an outstanding measure

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Characters that are created purely for sexual RP, or those whose theme is heavily based on it (such as prostitutes) will be rejected"

I saw this then i suddenly felt at rest here...
I've seen such a problem on many servers before (namely retail) and when i'm normally quite tolerant this is where the line is drawn.
I come to play this game for conflict and battles, i'm glad to see that such a rule is enforced to make sure that such characters are rejected and can safely roleplay without and 'disturbances'

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Just a short character story here briefly summerising my Archaeologist mentioned previously:
______

Clink...clink...clink
On and on went the re-occuring sound of steel striking stone as the entire excavation site toiled and continue to labour in the sizzling sun of the large wasteland that was dubbed the 'Badlands'

"Two 'undred Elves 'an a chopped doon oak tree, tha' foreman asked 'oo did tha'? T'was nae me!" Sang one of of the Dwarves who's bellowing voice echoed across the dig-site

"Shut it Coalbeard ye bleedin' eejit!" A foreman from the main tent shouted, throwing a small rock which narrowly missed the singing Dwarf's skull

He mumbled angrily to himself and continued hacking at a lump of rock that refused to shatter or move
"We'll teach 'im...Won' we Winston?" he muttered angrily to his pick-axe, causing a pair of nearby Gnomish relic-analysists to eye the Dwarf up and down rather questionably

He continued to hack at the rock, his mind seemingly adrift and possibly sat in a bar on the other size of the Khaz'modan mountain range in the Deepwater Tavern in Menethil Harbour.
Whilst he continued to day-dream, the small and stubborn rock shifted slightly to the right, causing Coalbeard's pickaxe to be impaled into the cracked earth
"Whut in the--?! Did 'ah hit tha' rock tae pieces?" he mumbled, looking to where the stone had now moved

"'Ah coulda sworn it was there a momen' ago.."

He looked closer at the rock, pulling a small iron rod from his back-pocket and prodding it suspiciously...

It blinked..

"By Khaz'goroth's beard.."

He grasped his hat and ran across the site towards the foreman whilst the ground began to erupt behind him where he had left the stone

"GRAB YER GUNS FOLKS! WE GO' A PRO'LEM!" he yelled, reaching for a large blunderbuss which was located in the corner of the foreman's tent

A large earth elemental erupted from its slumber in the ground and immediately slammed its rocky fists into the earth, sending a shock through the ground which cause the entire dig site to fall to its feet.
An immediate volley of fire erupted from the far side of the site, several large shells fired from the Dwarf's rifles blew away huge chunks of granite and stone from the elemental's monstrous visage as it drew closer to the group slowly but surely.

Coalbeard panicked immediately and ran towards the foreman's tent once again though this time spotting a small cache of explosives in one of the foreman's jacket-pockets.

"'EY! YE! BIG FELLA!" he screamed across the site, a lit stick of dynamite in each hand, slowly fizzing away.
He lobbed the two sticks of dynamite to the ground where the elemental was stood, resulting in a catastrophic blast which sent dust and fragments of stone flying, tearing apart bits of the tent and digging into the ground.

Then the sun's ever-burning glare forced its way through the dust and beat down once more upon the camp

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not right now, i'll ask if i have any questions though

Edit: Fixed some typo's
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Gee...where to start...

The name's James, a 17 (going 18 this January) year old Archaeology student from England.
My hobbies include (but are not limited to) Archaeology, Reading, Gaming (obviously) Archery and drawing the odd bit of artwork...
The majority of said artwork is often warcraft-related but i do the odd coloured edit for friends and family too

To any other folks who co-incidently are from jolly 'ol England you'll find me in the little splodge in the north-west (or south-west Scotland, depending on your view) called Cumbria

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
What country i'm from...
Well to put it simply i'm in England

If you want to go further in that, i'm in possibly one of the most desolate places in north-western England you can get. The accent is horrific alternating between Geordie, Scottish and Cumbrian of which i've sadly inherited all three including a hint of Irishness in there...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Being rather embarrasing to say, my mother actually got me into Warcraft and initially, i never saw the RP aspect of it, always choosing to raid and PVP near constantly, raiding Naxx and having lost endless amounts of armour to my mother proved quite humiliating and thus PVE started to loose its attraction

By a stroke of fate i picked a realm at random out of all the RP / RPPVP realms and came across one i would come to consider my home on 'Scarshield Legion'
A good two years of roleplaying there opened my eyes to how interesting roleplaying was though sadly i became what some people would consider 'elitist' in my views... I saw the roleplay dying off, becoming corrupted or just generally boring and repetative.

Epilogue soon followed and that is where i found my new home and helped contribute to the server's growth ever so slightly by joining in its closed beta, open beta though sadly it never reached live.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I looked around after the unfortunate collapse of Epilogue for new servers, several names came to me.
Libertas, Archaic WoW and Conquest of the Horde

The first two i had a look at and decided they just didn't suit what i was looking for but upon looking at this realm i asked a few friends who highly recommended it purely for its friendly community and interesting play-style

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Ergh...this is difficult...
I've always been a bit of a mix-and-match roleplayer...
Sometimes i roleplay for comedy value, breaking the fourth wall and making characters which are purely there for ambience and for entertainment.
Other times i do enjoy taking a fighting role and more militaristic styles of roleplay, often in the form of Scarlet Crusade roleplay.
Back on retail (and on Epilogue) i often found myself roleplaying peasants / merchants and choosing to roleplay through material gain rather than brute strength...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
i'm not sure if you get this a lot but its more than likely either human or Dwarf for race purely for the fact i can associate with them more, i enjoy reading their lore far more than other races and possibly because there are fewer restrictions on them than other races

As for class, i prefer being a warrior, why?
It can lead to any amount of different RP styles, its fantastic for roleplaying since it can equip the largest variety of armour and weapons and i generally find it more flexible

As for what i intend to roleplay (sorry, the question threw me a bit on this part) i prefer something i can apply my own real-life knowledge to:
An Explorer's League Archaeologist
near the end of Epilogue, i ended up roleplaying a Dwarf Archaeologist who made his home in the Badlands seeking to reclaim the excavation sites in the area simply because i find the concept of playing an Archaeologist to be thrilling! I see it in this game as more of the 'treasure-hunting' variety than the typical one you would encounter in real-life

What are your expectations of this server?:
I honestly don't know what to say here.
It seems so well regulated that i really don't know what to expect, the player-base seems mature and friendly, the 'trial' system seems to be a fine-working feature so i guess i can only really expect the roleplaying to be of an outstanding measure

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Characters that are created purely for sexual RP, or those whose theme is heavily based on it (such as prostitutes) will be rejected"

I saw this then i suddenly felt at rest here...
I've seen such a problem on many servers before (namely retail) and when i'm normally quite tolerant this is where the line is drawn.
I come to play this game for conflict and battles, i'm glad to see that such a rule is enforced to make sure that such characters are rejected and can safely roleplay without and 'disturbances'

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Just a short character story here briefly summerising my Archaeologist mentioned previously:
______

Clink...clink...clink
On and on went the re-occuring sound of steel striking stone as the entire excavation site toiled and continue to labour in the sizzling sun of the large wasteland that was dubbed the 'Badlands'

"Two 'undred Elves 'an a chopped doon oak tree, tha' foreman asked 'oo did tha'? T'was nae me!" Sang one of of the Dwarves who's bellowing voice echoed across the dig-site

"Shut it Coalbeard ye bleedin' eejit!" A foreman from the main tent shouted, throwing a small rock which narrowly missed the singing Dwarf's skull

He mumbled angrily to himself and continued hacking at a lump of rock that refused to shatter or move
"We'll teach 'im...Won' we Winston?" he muttered angrily to his pick-axe, causing a pair of nearby Gnomish relic-analysists to eye the Dwarf up and down rather questionably

He continued to hack at the rock, his mind seemingly adrift and possibly sat in a bar on the other size of the Khaz'modan mountain range in the Deepwater Tavern in Menethil Harbour.
Whilst he continued to day-dream, the small and stubborn rock shifted slightly to the right, causing Coalbeard's pickaxe to be impaled into the cracked earth
"Whut in the--?! Did 'ah hit tha' rock tae pieces?" he mumbled, looking to where the stone had now moved

"'Ah coulda sworn it was there a momen' ago.."

He looked closer at the rock, pulling a small iron rod from his back-pocket and prodding it suspiciously...

It blinked..

"By Khaz'goroth's beard.."

He grasped his hat and ran across the site towards the foreman whilst the ground began to erupt behind him where he had left the stone

"GRAB YER GUNS FOLKS! WE GO' A PRO'LEM!" he yelled, reaching for a large blunderbuss which was located in the corner of the foreman's tent

A large earth elemental erupted from its slumber in the ground and immediately slammed its rocky fists into the earth, sending a shock through the ground which cause the entire dig site to fall to its feet.
An immediate volley of fire erupted from the far side of the site, several large shells fired from the Dwarf's rifles blew away huge chunks of granite and stone from the elemental's monstrous visage as it drew closer to the group slowly but surely.

Coalbeard panicked immediately and ran towards the foreman's tent once again though this time spotting a small cache of explosives in one of the foreman's jacket-pockets.

"'EY! YE! BIG FELLA!" he screamed across the site, a lit stick of dynamite in each hand, slowly fizzing away.
He lobbed the two sticks of dynamite to the ground where the elemental was stood, resulting in a catastrophic blast which sent dust and fragments of stone flying, tearing apart bits of the tent and digging into the ground.

Then the sun's ever-burning glare forced its way through the dust and beat down once more upon the camp

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not right now, i'll ask if i have any questions though

Edit: Fixed some typo's
Welcome to the server!
Welcome to the server!
Combe-face!

Yay - glad to see you here too!

Welcome to CotH!
Combe-face!

Yay - glad to see you here too!

Welcome to CotH!
Hehe, hey Wolf

Just wondering, how is it that i access the server itself for CotH?
Struggling to find out where i can learn that info on zee forums
Hehe, hey Wolf

Just wondering, how is it that i access the server itself for CotH?
Struggling to find out where i can learn that info on zee forums
A good place to check is the Wiki, especially the very first page, hehe.
A good place to check is the Wiki, especially the very first page, hehe.