Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: burningmetal`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings!
I am a 19 year old boy/man (not really sure what term to use) from Norway. I have graduated from 3rd grade or 13th grade. For the time being I am working at my local convenient store, earning some money while trying to figure out what profession to study.
Currently I seem to be leaning towards psychology. I find the human mind fascinating.

On my spare time I like to read books, I am a suck-up for fantasy and sci-fi such as Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars.
I love to drift away in epic lore, hence me playing World of Warcraft.

I have a active side too: I am a decent snowboarder (I practice in a club and go to camps, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Norway; where polar-bears walk the streets! My primary language is Norwegian, but I do speak English aswell (you might have picked up on that already).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
At young age a lot of my friends played the Blizzard game Star Craft. After enjoying that game for a while I started looking in to other games made by Blizzard. One of those Warcraft 3.
Warcraft 3 was a huge success for me, so when World of Warcraft came out it did not take much convincing from my friends to try that aswell... And I have been stuck ever since!

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am, to be honest, fairly new to role playing. I allways had a great respect for role playing and found the concept very tempting. So, after many years of wanting to try it, I finally did!
I found my first encounter to be a huge let-down! The population on Blizzards many role playing servers where not role players at all in most cases. This led me to be embarrassed every time I tried to make contact.

After a few months of disappointment I started to seek out role-playing privat servers. Some were good. Some, on the other hand, were terrible.

Finally you got my attention. I felt at once that this place is what I have been seeking. You are serious and strict about what you do, but still seem to maintain the good and friendly community we all want!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplay, but I find conversations in a tavern to often be the most rewarding for me. I enjoy the variety one can find in such a place; everything from relaxin conversations to the beging of a duel.
Also I like exploring the continents, that way you encounter a lot of different content and players.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As many others I prefer humans. Because I am human myself I find playing a human makes it easier for me to put up a solid and trustworthy roleplay.
As for what class I do prefer; the noble paladin - defender of the weak.
It gives me the opportunity to travel the world on a noble quest, or to drink in tavers to forget our failure against the scourge.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a good time here - if I get accepted.
I expect the GMs here to keep order, so that the players can focus on the roleplaying.
I expect to player who like to roleplay, and perhaps make a friend or two.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect.
I like that you have rules and restrictions for roleplaying. But what I find most pleasurable is how you expect people to respect eche other and show tolerance. I think there must be room for misstakes, as long as the misstakes does not keep reoccurring.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a rainy evening. On a hilltop, bearly visible in the gray light, stood a man. With a grim he studied the small town on the bottom of the hill. His cloths suggested he was a poor farmer, perhaps a refugee, lord knows it was a lot of those these times! But if you took a closer look you would see a fine sword, nothing a common man would have, indicating he was more then just a farmer.

The former member of the once so prestigieus "Silver Hand" started walking down the hill. As he got closer to the town he could hear music and laughter from the local tavern.
The paladin, if he could still call himself that, frowned.
How could anyone enjoy themselves in such times?
Well, soon enough they would have to face the harsh reality of life, then, THEN, there would be no more laughter!

I can improve this with time, or add more. That being sad, I am better (I hope) once I am in the game, then I am making up stories out-of-the-game.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
One more thing. I will of course not call myself "BurningMetal" as a character... I see many of you have actual names as "username".
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings!
I am a 19 year old boy/man (not really sure what term to use) from Norway. I have graduated from 3rd grade or 13th grade. For the time being I am working at my local convenient store, earning some money while trying to figure out what profession to study.
Currently I seem to be leaning towards psychology. I find the human mind fascinating.

On my spare time I like to read books, I am a suck-up for fantasy and sci-fi such as Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars.
I love to drift away in epic lore, hence me playing World of Warcraft.

I have a active side too: I am a decent snowboarder (I practice in a club and go to camps, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Norway; where polar-bears walk the streets! My primary language is Norwegian, but I do speak English aswell (you might have picked up on that already).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
At young age a lot of my friends played the Blizzard game Star Craft. After enjoying that game for a while I started looking in to other games made by Blizzard. One of those Warcraft 3.
Warcraft 3 was a huge success for me, so when World of Warcraft came out it did not take much convincing from my friends to try that aswell... And I have been stuck ever since!

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am, to be honest, fairly new to role playing. I allways had a great respect for role playing and found the concept very tempting. So, after many years of wanting to try it, I finally did!
I found my first encounter to be a huge let-down! The population on Blizzards many role playing servers where not role players at all in most cases. This led me to be embarrassed every time I tried to make contact.

After a few months of disappointment I started to seek out role-playing privat servers. Some were good. Some, on the other hand, were terrible.

Finally you got my attention. I felt at once that this place is what I have been seeking. You are serious and strict about what you do, but still seem to maintain the good and friendly community we all want!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplay, but I find conversations in a tavern to often be the most rewarding for me. I enjoy the variety one can find in such a place; everything from relaxin conversations to the beging of a duel.
Also I like exploring the continents, that way you encounter a lot of different content and players.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As many others I prefer humans. Because I am human myself I find playing a human makes it easier for me to put up a solid and trustworthy roleplay.
As for what class I do prefer; the noble paladin - defender of the weak.
It gives me the opportunity to travel the world on a noble quest, or to drink in tavers to forget our failure against the scourge.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a good time here - if I get accepted.
I expect the GMs here to keep order, so that the players can focus on the roleplaying.
I expect to player who like to roleplay, and perhaps make a friend or two.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect.
I like that you have rules and restrictions for roleplaying. But what I find most pleasurable is how you expect people to respect eche other and show tolerance. I think there must be room for misstakes, as long as the misstakes does not keep reoccurring.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a rainy evening. On a hilltop, bearly visible in the gray light, stood a man. With a grim he studied the small town on the bottom of the hill. His cloths suggested he was a poor farmer, perhaps a refugee, lord knows it was a lot of those these times! But if you took a closer look you would see a fine sword, nothing a common man would have, indicating he was more then just a farmer.

The former member of the once so prestigieus "Silver Hand" started walking down the hill. As he got closer to the town he could hear music and laughter from the local tavern.
The paladin, if he could still call himself that, frowned.
How could anyone enjoy themselves in such times?
Well, soon enough they would have to face the harsh reality of life, then, THEN, there would be no more laughter!

I can improve this with time, or add more. That being sad, I am better (I hope) once I am in the game, then I am making up stories out-of-the-game.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
One more thing. I will of course not call myself "BurningMetal" as a character... I see many of you have actual names as "username".
Velkommen!

Hope you enjoy your stay on the server.
Velkommen!

Hope you enjoy your stay on the server.
Thank you!
Thank you!