Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: toxicityj`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I used to play retail on a PVE realm and raided a LOT. Then I tried out an RP realm and was hooked. I've got 2 or 3 years of WoWing under my belt and was hoping to find a private realm with stricter rules regarding OOC behavior.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from America and I speak english primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Exgirlfriend got into and then the WoW southpark episode premiered and I was instantly addicted.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, it was the only private RP realm I could find via google. But the strictness of the RP rules are very appealing to me (by that I mean the rules that Retail RP realms say they have actually exist on this private realm and are enforced)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most of my experience is in tavern roleplay. Just standing around and casually conversing with people. I really like developing friendships in-character and developing a history with other people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love druids because of how interesting they are to RP. The whole communing with nature thing is pretty unique and fun. Specifically I prefer Nightelves because I've always been an alliance guy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To RP my heart out within the rules and have a fun RP experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"players are expected to remain in character a majority of the time. Public character channels, such as /say, /emotes and /yell should be in character (IC) as much as possible, but out of character (OOC) chat is permitted as long as it is clearly defined, such as by double parenthesis ((as such))."

I definitely like that there are rules about when and how OOC chat is okay. RPing with people running around /s OOC without brackets indicating it's ooc.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I wrote this up as a little story for my Druid on a retail rp realm. to be honest my RP skill is better than my writing skill and I realize this isn't the best writing in the world, but it's a relatively unrefined piece of writing.

The trees of Grizzly Hills blew gently in the evening breeze. That was all that most heard in the area, but for one it was the least of all sounds. The trees literally whispered amongst themselves. The muffled rocks mumbled to each other, deep below the ground. All of this and more was heard by the druid, Alaredor. For years he had studied the druidic arts first mastered by the greatest of the druids: Malfurion Stormrage, brother of the great betrayer Illidan and lover of Sister Tyrande Whisperwind. A greater Shan'do there had never been, aside from the demigod Cenarius, who had been struck dead by the hording orcs during the third war. Though Alaredor had not been directly trained by Shan'do Stormrage, his training was greatly influenced by the ancient druid.
His mere presence in the forest of Grizzly Hills could be taken as a display of disrespect toward both the late Cenarius and Malfurion. Most of his kind spent their days walking the Emerald Dream, a realm where one could view the world as it would be without the influences of the various races of Azeroth. For Alaredor, time in the Emerald Dream was time wasted. The real world needed him and his druid powers more than the alternate realm did. His refusal to live his days in The Dream made Alaredor a bit of an outcast amongst the other druids. Alaredor managed to avoid his most vocal critics, as they rarely returned to the physical realm.
The nature around Alaredor gavnearly unattainable, particularly because of the scourge present beyond the forest. Alaredor sat silently outside of a small lodge meditating for nearly an hour before he sensed his approaching companion. Instantly his feeling of balance was completely thrown into disarray. He had prepared himself for this, as he knew about his companion's condition, but the preparation wasn't enough. A sense of disgust flooded the druid's mind, and he briefly accepted the feeling, but quickly reminded himself to ignore it. The one coming had the taint of the Lich King and his scourge, though milder, but Alaredor knew better. The man had once been a powerful warrior for the Lich King, but after a great conflict he broke free from his master and rejoined the world.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My introduction was declined for not being detailed enough. Hope this changes that.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I used to play retail on a PVE realm and raided a LOT. Then I tried out an RP realm and was hooked. I've got 2 or 3 years of WoWing under my belt and was hoping to find a private realm with stricter rules regarding OOC behavior.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from America and I speak english primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Exgirlfriend got into and then the WoW southpark episode premiered and I was instantly addicted.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, it was the only private RP realm I could find via google. But the strictness of the RP rules are very appealing to me (by that I mean the rules that Retail RP realms say they have actually exist on this private realm and are enforced)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most of my experience is in tavern roleplay. Just standing around and casually conversing with people. I really like developing friendships in-character and developing a history with other people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love druids because of how interesting they are to RP. The whole communing with nature thing is pretty unique and fun. Specifically I prefer Nightelves because I've always been an alliance guy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To RP my heart out within the rules and have a fun RP experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"players are expected to remain in character a majority of the time. Public character channels, such as /say, /emotes and /yell should be in character (IC) as much as possible, but out of character (OOC) chat is permitted as long as it is clearly defined, such as by double parenthesis ((as such))."

I definitely like that there are rules about when and how OOC chat is okay. RPing with people running around /s OOC without brackets indicating it's ooc.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I wrote this up as a little story for my Druid on a retail rp realm. to be honest my RP skill is better than my writing skill and I realize this isn't the best writing in the world, but it's a relatively unrefined piece of writing.

The trees of Grizzly Hills blew gently in the evening breeze. That was all that most heard in the area, but for one it was the least of all sounds. The trees literally whispered amongst themselves. The muffled rocks mumbled to each other, deep below the ground. All of this and more was heard by the druid, Alaredor. For years he had studied the druidic arts first mastered by the greatest of the druids: Malfurion Stormrage, brother of the great betrayer Illidan and lover of Sister Tyrande Whisperwind. A greater Shan'do there had never been, aside from the demigod Cenarius, who had been struck dead by the hording orcs during the third war. Though Alaredor had not been directly trained by Shan'do Stormrage, his training was greatly influenced by the ancient druid.
His mere presence in the forest of Grizzly Hills could be taken as a display of disrespect toward both the late Cenarius and Malfurion. Most of his kind spent their days walking the Emerald Dream, a realm where one could view the world as it would be without the influences of the various races of Azeroth. For Alaredor, time in the Emerald Dream was time wasted. The real world needed him and his druid powers more than the alternate realm did. His refusal to live his days in The Dream made Alaredor a bit of an outcast amongst the other druids. Alaredor managed to avoid his most vocal critics, as they rarely returned to the physical realm.
The nature around Alaredor gavnearly unattainable, particularly because of the scourge present beyond the forest. Alaredor sat silently outside of a small lodge meditating for nearly an hour before he sensed his approaching companion. Instantly his feeling of balance was completely thrown into disarray. He had prepared himself for this, as he knew about his companion's condition, but the preparation wasn't enough. A sense of disgust flooded the druid's mind, and he briefly accepted the feeling, but quickly reminded himself to ignore it. The one coming had the taint of the Lich King and his scourge, though milder, but Alaredor knew better. The man had once been a powerful warrior for the Lich King, but after a great conflict he broke free from his master and rejoined the world.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My introduction was declined for not being detailed enough. Hope this changes that.
Welcome!
Welcome!
Yay! After much painful waiting for WoW to download and install then download the massive 3.2 patch (1.5GB ftl) and now waiting for that beast to install...I am now like 5 minutes from creating my first character!
Yay! After much painful waiting for WoW to download and install then download the massive 3.2 patch (1.5GB ftl) and now waiting for that beast to install...I am now like 5 minutes from creating my first character!