Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Welcomer`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Not much to say, I'm a veteran roleplayer and I'd like to *think* I know what I'm doing, but hey, who knows. Nineteen year old cash register girl (great job huh) with a lot of spare time on her hands.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Was born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, which I like to refer to as just Bosnia, moved to Australia age 7. For any history students, that means yes, I was there during the Bosnian war. Primary language is Bosnian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Friend came up to me and said, "Hey try this babe it'll be fun."

"Eww, World of Warcraft? Don't you have to pay for it?"

"Nah babe there's private servers and shit"

... And that's how I got into it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well seeing as theres like hardly any roleplay servers up... And most of the time they are empty except during peak hours, unlike CoTH.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Roleplay is all fun in my opinion... As long as you don't spend three hours baking bread or something mind blowingly dull. Fight roleplay is fun.... Also, I hate romance roleplay. If I wanted romance I would NOT look for it in WoW, even in RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
No favourite race, though my favourite (RP) class would have to be the Transmuter. A bit of an OP class but there are so many possibilities when it comes to Transmuters, especially in fight roleplay. Characters can range from mighty terrain transformers to travelling merchants willing to transmute the odd trinket for a few gold coins.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice, welcoming community unbiased to newcomers, and a decent level of mature roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"No godmoders" sounds reassuring... Still had a little giggle at this question. Rarely do rules actually appeal to people, but lo and behold, this set of rules does.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is my take of the Battle of Lights Hope Chapel, the very last (true) DK starter quest, not counting your report to the various faction leaders.

"Soldiers of the Scourge, stand ready!"

The Death Knights stood assembled before their target, crowded around their leader and his generals, stalwart minions of the Lich King. Around them ghouls scampered and scrambled into position, and with each passing second the undead host seemed to grow in size.

Ahead of them lay Lights Hope Chapel, the final goal of the campaign, defended by those of the Argent Dawn foolish enough to stand up against their might. It was a pathetic construct, a mar in an otherwise healthy land, one that the Lich King would soon claim for himself.

The strongest of the Death Knights, clad from head to toe in frightening plate armour, were chosen for this mission, to be led by the Highlord Darion Mograine. They had no fear, with the presence of their master lingering over them, controlling them.

The earth seemed to shake as behind the already mighty force lumbering behemoths appeared, towering over the assembled undead and leering over at the defenders of the Chapel.

"The sky weeps at the glorious devastation of these lands. Soon Azeroth's futile tears will rain down upon us."

The Highlord's voice rang throughout the air, the sound lingering in the ears of defender and invader alike for far longer than was natural. It was not a battle cry, for the undead did not need rousing. They were mindless servants that would fight to the bitter, bloody end.

The paladins of the Argent Dawn were assembled in front of their beloved Chapel, grim and determined expressions plastered onto each of their faces. Their numbers seemed to pale in the face of the horde of damned men that loomed over them, but they were stalwart in their belief in the Light, and would not flee to leave this holy ground for the enemy.

Several minutes passed as the last of the towering behemoths and leaping ghouls converged around the Highlord and his generals, and then, finally, the order was given.

"Death knights of Acherus, the death march begins!"

"The skies turn red with the blood of the fallen. The Lich King watches over us, minions. Leave only ashes and misery in your destructive wake!" The undead army charged forward after the generals. The paladins moved forward to meet them, and the two great forces clashed.

At first the fight seemed effortless, and victory was swaying in the face of the Death Knights. The paladins fell before their onslaught and the undead swarmed around the defenders.

However, as the fight progressed, the Highlords taunts turned into bewilderment and panic, as the ashbringer defied his will. It would not strike the paladins. The paladins mustered together and, with the aid of the holy ground on which they stood, drove forward in a counter attack.

The ghouls and death knights fell before the hammers of the Light bearers, but those who remained were not afraid. They trodded over the corpse of their comrades, and met the paladins, for they would not stop, until the will of the Lich King deserted them, and they were broken...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
For 'class' I wasnt sure if you meant rp class or otherwise... For story, I wasnt sure if it was supposed to be a World of Warcraft based tale or not, so I stuck to WoW.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Not much to say, I'm a veteran roleplayer and I'd like to *think* I know what I'm doing, but hey, who knows. Nineteen year old cash register girl (great job huh) with a lot of spare time on her hands.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Was born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, which I like to refer to as just Bosnia, moved to Australia age 7. For any history students, that means yes, I was there during the Bosnian war. Primary language is Bosnian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Friend came up to me and said, "Hey try this babe it'll be fun."

"Eww, World of Warcraft? Don't you have to pay for it?"

"Nah babe there's private servers and shit"

... And that's how I got into it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well seeing as theres like hardly any roleplay servers up... And most of the time they are empty except during peak hours, unlike CoTH.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Roleplay is all fun in my opinion... As long as you don't spend three hours baking bread or something mind blowingly dull. Fight roleplay is fun.... Also, I hate romance roleplay. If I wanted romance I would NOT look for it in WoW, even in RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
No favourite race, though my favourite (RP) class would have to be the Transmuter. A bit of an OP class but there are so many possibilities when it comes to Transmuters, especially in fight roleplay. Characters can range from mighty terrain transformers to travelling merchants willing to transmute the odd trinket for a few gold coins.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice, welcoming community unbiased to newcomers, and a decent level of mature roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"No godmoders" sounds reassuring... Still had a little giggle at this question. Rarely do rules actually appeal to people, but lo and behold, this set of rules does.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is my take of the Battle of Lights Hope Chapel, the very last (true) DK starter quest, not counting your report to the various faction leaders.

"Soldiers of the Scourge, stand ready!"

The Death Knights stood assembled before their target, crowded around their leader and his generals, stalwart minions of the Lich King. Around them ghouls scampered and scrambled into position, and with each passing second the undead host seemed to grow in size.

Ahead of them lay Lights Hope Chapel, the final goal of the campaign, defended by those of the Argent Dawn foolish enough to stand up against their might. It was a pathetic construct, a mar in an otherwise healthy land, one that the Lich King would soon claim for himself.

The strongest of the Death Knights, clad from head to toe in frightening plate armour, were chosen for this mission, to be led by the Highlord Darion Mograine. They had no fear, with the presence of their master lingering over them, controlling them.

The earth seemed to shake as behind the already mighty force lumbering behemoths appeared, towering over the assembled undead and leering over at the defenders of the Chapel.

"The sky weeps at the glorious devastation of these lands. Soon Azeroth's futile tears will rain down upon us."

The Highlord's voice rang throughout the air, the sound lingering in the ears of defender and invader alike for far longer than was natural. It was not a battle cry, for the undead did not need rousing. They were mindless servants that would fight to the bitter, bloody end.

The paladins of the Argent Dawn were assembled in front of their beloved Chapel, grim and determined expressions plastered onto each of their faces. Their numbers seemed to pale in the face of the horde of damned men that loomed over them, but they were stalwart in their belief in the Light, and would not flee to leave this holy ground for the enemy.

Several minutes passed as the last of the towering behemoths and leaping ghouls converged around the Highlord and his generals, and then, finally, the order was given.

"Death knights of Acherus, the death march begins!"

"The skies turn red with the blood of the fallen. The Lich King watches over us, minions. Leave only ashes and misery in your destructive wake!" The undead army charged forward after the generals. The paladins moved forward to meet them, and the two great forces clashed.

At first the fight seemed effortless, and victory was swaying in the face of the Death Knights. The paladins fell before their onslaught and the undead swarmed around the defenders.

However, as the fight progressed, the Highlords taunts turned into bewilderment and panic, as the ashbringer defied his will. It would not strike the paladins. The paladins mustered together and, with the aid of the holy ground on which they stood, drove forward in a counter attack.

The ghouls and death knights fell before the hammers of the Light bearers, but those who remained were not afraid. They trodded over the corpse of their comrades, and met the paladins, for they would not stop, until the will of the Lich King deserted them, and they were broken...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
For 'class' I wasnt sure if you meant rp class or otherwise... For story, I wasnt sure if it was supposed to be a World of Warcraft based tale or not, so I stuck to WoW.
Welcome! I have no idea what a Transmuter is, but I don't think it's a WoW class so sadly you probably won't be able to play it.
Welcome! I have no idea what a Transmuter is, but I don't think it's a WoW class so sadly you probably won't be able to play it.
*smile* I checked it on WoWWiki... Transmutation is a branch of magic involved with, well, transmuting things. There is a total of one transmuter in WoW, Ymra, transmuter of sin'dorei relics. But of course if it's not acceptable to the GM's I can roleplay something else.
*smile* I checked it on WoWWiki... Transmutation is a branch of magic involved with, well, transmuting things. There is a total of one transmuter in WoW, Ymra, transmuter of sin'dorei relics. But of course if it's not acceptable to the GM's I can roleplay something else.