Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aesthetica`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name's Patrick, and I've been involved in roleplaying for quite a while. It all started in eighth grade, when my friend Mike and myself sought to alleviate a horrible case of ennui brought on by science class. Soon, it extended into lunch. We kept it a stat-less roleplaying, not wanting to go too in depth. It was a pick-up-and-play sort of thing. Most of it was non-combative, until our friend Yohan came in. He introduced stats and rolls, giving up greater depth to our games. Now, not every foe could be defeated so easily. It made us all think more, form strategies, and decide whether a fight was actually worth fighting. It was around the first semester of freshman year in high school did I really begin my foray into tabletop RPGs. Dungeons and Dragons was my first. I was silly, and got a few random books at a yard sale. I went hunting around, however, and found the Player's Handbook at a library. I checked it out, read it, and then asked any of my friends if they played. Sadly, they didn't. I was left by myself, all sorts of ideas for plot and story crammed in my head. I started writing, then, to alleviate all the fresh ideas I would constantly think up. Soon, I was introduced to roleplaying again. It resembled what my friends and I had done in class to kill time, but was a lot more in depth. Character histories, personalities, species, races; it all held me in rapture. I instantly began to play, making characters that could take lead and the focus of the plot, or some that would stay to the side, and be more of a follower. To this day I still roleplay with various system, with White Wolf's World of Darkness being my favorite.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the east coast of the US, right under DC. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to think of World of Warcraft as a "nerd's game". One for those who had no lives and let all their time be consumed by the game. My girlfriend played, and I made fun of her for it. I played my own games like Halo or Doom 3. Eventually, I got into MapleStory and a few other browser MMOs, until this summer, when I downloaded Wrath of the Lich King for a private server. It was PvP, and interesting enough. The high rates serve was fun, the normal rates server being egregiously slow, but overall, I got bored of it. I decided to try a roleplaying server, yet couldn't find one until now.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I don't know too much about roleplaying servers, to be honest. I am not a fan of paying per month to play on Blizzard's, so I immediately sought private servers. I googled "WoW roleplaying private server" and got this, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Everything's a lot more in-depth than I thought it would be, but it's a change I'm most definately able to get used to.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a fan of a lot of different types of roleplaying. My previous experiences has denoted "genres" of roleplay, such as romance, fantasy, sci-fi, action, adventure, and pure combat. Each genre is interesting and each has it's own appeal, yet I think roleplaying is better when it encompasses the entire spectrum, when it can incorporate romance, combat, everyday actions, and the supernatural (or whatever fourth element you want). It's easier to step into character that way. Not everyone is a Casanova or an Ares, god of war. A character is just like you, me, or the next guy, which is what makes it so interesting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
After reading up on the lores of the races, the Forsaken appeal most to me. They are pariahs of a sort. In their past lives they fought as humans, or elves, but were killed and reborn to fight against their brothers. To me, I see an internal stuggle with being reborn. To some, it's a perversion of the natural order and can be seen as a monstrosity, yet to others is beauty, a mastery of power over life. More often than not, my characters are best categorized as a "Rogue". They aren't all necessarily theives or assassins, but the silent, deadly nature or the loud, witty nature of Rogues best fits the attitudes and personalities of most of my characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Being new to the server, I don't expect much but quality roleplaying and a high amount of users. Now, I read the expectations of players and I see that quality is something that is in no short supply. As for users, not much can be expected from a private server not dedicated to PvP, but when I checked the server status, it told me 28 players were on. Though the size of the Azeroth is huge, 28 players who are most likely congregated in main cities is a rather respectable number.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the Maturity rules. It's supposed to be common sense, but a lot of people forget that. Too often I've roleplayed with teens and even adults who lack a certain sense of maturity. Some god-mode, most metagame, and often their characters are Mary Sues or just plain ridiculous. I see it as a maturity issue whenever this happens. A lot of younger (arguably less mature) players will see roleplaying as a way to be some sort of superhero or god. I guess maturity to me is a sense of realism and how well a player can realise that not everything is lasers and immortality.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not sure exactly what it was that woke me up. Probably the silence. Funny, right? Woken up by silence. I suppose it explains some obscure part of my psyche, or something like that. Can't relax or rest if I'm alone. It'd explain me needing the fan on even in the middle of winter, and the music every night. things are just too quiet otherwise.

But back to the silence.

I didn't like it one bit. Everything was still, which explained my unease. I untangled myself from my blanket, and set my feet on the carpet, which was freezing cold. THis only added to my unease.

"Things shouldn't be this quiet."

My own voice startled me. Rough and scratchy, it was unlike my normal voice. I hadn't even intended to speak, but my mind did so anyways. Vocalization is what the doctors call it. Not a good sign; it meant I was going crazy. I shivered, only now realizing how cold the air was. It was too cold, frigid, even, and the fan wasn't on. I turned to face the window, and my stomach dropped when I saw frost on the glass.

It's only early November.

It shouldn't be this cold...

(Something I had written up a while ago. Still yet to be finished)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I've said everything I can say. Unless you all want to know my sign (Cancer) or favorite color (Orange), there isn't much more that comes to mind! If you ever get curious about even the tiniest thing, just go ahead and ask. Honesty is my favorite policy.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name's Patrick, and I've been involved in roleplaying for quite a while. It all started in eighth grade, when my friend Mike and myself sought to alleviate a horrible case of ennui brought on by science class. Soon, it extended into lunch. We kept it a stat-less roleplaying, not wanting to go too in depth. It was a pick-up-and-play sort of thing. Most of it was non-combative, until our friend Yohan came in. He introduced stats and rolls, giving up greater depth to our games. Now, not every foe could be defeated so easily. It made us all think more, form strategies, and decide whether a fight was actually worth fighting. It was around the first semester of freshman year in high school did I really begin my foray into tabletop RPGs. Dungeons and Dragons was my first. I was silly, and got a few random books at a yard sale. I went hunting around, however, and found the Player's Handbook at a library. I checked it out, read it, and then asked any of my friends if they played. Sadly, they didn't. I was left by myself, all sorts of ideas for plot and story crammed in my head. I started writing, then, to alleviate all the fresh ideas I would constantly think up. Soon, I was introduced to roleplaying again. It resembled what my friends and I had done in class to kill time, but was a lot more in depth. Character histories, personalities, species, races; it all held me in rapture. I instantly began to play, making characters that could take lead and the focus of the plot, or some that would stay to the side, and be more of a follower. To this day I still roleplay with various system, with White Wolf's World of Darkness being my favorite.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the east coast of the US, right under DC. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to think of World of Warcraft as a "nerd's game". One for those who had no lives and let all their time be consumed by the game. My girlfriend played, and I made fun of her for it. I played my own games like Halo or Doom 3. Eventually, I got into MapleStory and a few other browser MMOs, until this summer, when I downloaded Wrath of the Lich King for a private server. It was PvP, and interesting enough. The high rates serve was fun, the normal rates server being egregiously slow, but overall, I got bored of it. I decided to try a roleplaying server, yet couldn't find one until now.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I don't know too much about roleplaying servers, to be honest. I am not a fan of paying per month to play on Blizzard's, so I immediately sought private servers. I googled "WoW roleplaying private server" and got this, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Everything's a lot more in-depth than I thought it would be, but it's a change I'm most definately able to get used to.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a fan of a lot of different types of roleplaying. My previous experiences has denoted "genres" of roleplay, such as romance, fantasy, sci-fi, action, adventure, and pure combat. Each genre is interesting and each has it's own appeal, yet I think roleplaying is better when it encompasses the entire spectrum, when it can incorporate romance, combat, everyday actions, and the supernatural (or whatever fourth element you want). It's easier to step into character that way. Not everyone is a Casanova or an Ares, god of war. A character is just like you, me, or the next guy, which is what makes it so interesting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
After reading up on the lores of the races, the Forsaken appeal most to me. They are pariahs of a sort. In their past lives they fought as humans, or elves, but were killed and reborn to fight against their brothers. To me, I see an internal stuggle with being reborn. To some, it's a perversion of the natural order and can be seen as a monstrosity, yet to others is beauty, a mastery of power over life. More often than not, my characters are best categorized as a "Rogue". They aren't all necessarily theives or assassins, but the silent, deadly nature or the loud, witty nature of Rogues best fits the attitudes and personalities of most of my characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Being new to the server, I don't expect much but quality roleplaying and a high amount of users. Now, I read the expectations of players and I see that quality is something that is in no short supply. As for users, not much can be expected from a private server not dedicated to PvP, but when I checked the server status, it told me 28 players were on. Though the size of the Azeroth is huge, 28 players who are most likely congregated in main cities is a rather respectable number.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the Maturity rules. It's supposed to be common sense, but a lot of people forget that. Too often I've roleplayed with teens and even adults who lack a certain sense of maturity. Some god-mode, most metagame, and often their characters are Mary Sues or just plain ridiculous. I see it as a maturity issue whenever this happens. A lot of younger (arguably less mature) players will see roleplaying as a way to be some sort of superhero or god. I guess maturity to me is a sense of realism and how well a player can realise that not everything is lasers and immortality.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not sure exactly what it was that woke me up. Probably the silence. Funny, right? Woken up by silence. I suppose it explains some obscure part of my psyche, or something like that. Can't relax or rest if I'm alone. It'd explain me needing the fan on even in the middle of winter, and the music every night. things are just too quiet otherwise.

But back to the silence.

I didn't like it one bit. Everything was still, which explained my unease. I untangled myself from my blanket, and set my feet on the carpet, which was freezing cold. THis only added to my unease.

"Things shouldn't be this quiet."

My own voice startled me. Rough and scratchy, it was unlike my normal voice. I hadn't even intended to speak, but my mind did so anyways. Vocalization is what the doctors call it. Not a good sign; it meant I was going crazy. I shivered, only now realizing how cold the air was. It was too cold, frigid, even, and the fan wasn't on. I turned to face the window, and my stomach dropped when I saw frost on the glass.

It's only early November.

It shouldn't be this cold...

(Something I had written up a while ago. Still yet to be finished)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I've said everything I can say. Unless you all want to know my sign (Cancer) or favorite color (Orange), there isn't much more that comes to mind! If you ever get curious about even the tiniest thing, just go ahead and ask. Honesty is my favorite policy.
Welcome to the server!
Welcome to the server!
Glad I got to revise this. Thanks, mods, for giving me that second chance. I can't wait to roleplay with you all!
Glad I got to revise this. Thanks, mods, for giving me that second chance. I can't wait to roleplay with you all!