Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: geddyx12112`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I do not have a gratuitous amount of experience as a roleplayer. I have simply always enjoyed the roleplaying games that I have played, so I thought that I would attempt a more serious experience. I got into roleplaying because I am a very avid fan of progressive music. I loved the stories behind many of the songs, and decided to try a more fantasy based experience based on my infatuation with folklore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada, and my primary language is English. I also speak fluent French, although that was the result of university and high schol courses as opposed to the english I spoke at home.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into warcraft when a friend of mine introduced me to Warcraft III, knowing how much I liked fantasy. This led me to become more interested into future Warcraft games.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The main thing that compelled me about this server is that it was a lot more serious than the usual servers which place PvP first. I was seeking a more lore based experience, and hopefully I have found it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite part of roleplay, as I have said many times, is the stories. I have always been very intrigued by the lore behind fantasy; whether through music, video games or novels.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races are the Night elves, humans and undead; although if I had to choose only one I would probably choose the undead. This is simply because the lore of them is very interesting. My favorite classes would be those that excel in melee combat. I would have to say that my preffered class is the Warrior, simply because of the whole strength and bravery behind their character.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations on this server are to have a good time in a more realistic feeling setting than with other servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that appeals to me most is the "Role Playing" rule. I like the idea of people using a more serious experienced using colloquial expressions rather than a more modernistic form of speaking.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
An intriguing story about me was when I had composed my first piece of music. During English class that year, I had been learning about Renaissance literature and poets. It was at this point that I began to gain an obsession with the work of Christopher Marlowe. After skimming through many of his novels, I discovered one of my favorite plays, Faustus.

For my first song, I decided to write about Marlowe's magnum opus. I examined my piece for hours in order to work out all of the kinks, when finally I accomplished a true work of an art: A 5 act epic based loosely on the riveting tale of a man who sells his soul, only to repent it years later. This moment marked a defining moment of my life, not only for my aspirations of a musical future but also for my further infatuation with lore.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have very little left to add, except that I hope you welcome me kindly and that I hope to enjoy myself on this server.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I do not have a gratuitous amount of experience as a roleplayer. I have simply always enjoyed the roleplaying games that I have played, so I thought that I would attempt a more serious experience. I got into roleplaying because I am a very avid fan of progressive music. I loved the stories behind many of the songs, and decided to try a more fantasy based experience based on my infatuation with folklore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada, and my primary language is English. I also speak fluent French, although that was the result of university and high schol courses as opposed to the english I spoke at home.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into warcraft when a friend of mine introduced me to Warcraft III, knowing how much I liked fantasy. This led me to become more interested into future Warcraft games.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The main thing that compelled me about this server is that it was a lot more serious than the usual servers which place PvP first. I was seeking a more lore based experience, and hopefully I have found it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite part of roleplay, as I have said many times, is the stories. I have always been very intrigued by the lore behind fantasy; whether through music, video games or novels.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races are the Night elves, humans and undead; although if I had to choose only one I would probably choose the undead. This is simply because the lore of them is very interesting. My favorite classes would be those that excel in melee combat. I would have to say that my preffered class is the Warrior, simply because of the whole strength and bravery behind their character.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations on this server are to have a good time in a more realistic feeling setting than with other servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that appeals to me most is the "Role Playing" rule. I like the idea of people using a more serious experienced using colloquial expressions rather than a more modernistic form of speaking.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
An intriguing story about me was when I had composed my first piece of music. During English class that year, I had been learning about Renaissance literature and poets. It was at this point that I began to gain an obsession with the work of Christopher Marlowe. After skimming through many of his novels, I discovered one of my favorite plays, Faustus.

For my first song, I decided to write about Marlowe's magnum opus. I examined my piece for hours in order to work out all of the kinks, when finally I accomplished a true work of an art: A 5 act epic based loosely on the riveting tale of a man who sells his soul, only to repent it years later. This moment marked a defining moment of my life, not only for my aspirations of a musical future but also for my further infatuation with lore.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have very little left to add, except that I hope you welcome me kindly and that I hope to enjoy myself on this server.
Welcome to the server!
Welcome to the server!