Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Vir`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hullo there!
OOC, I'm a teenage girl, who does indeed fit the stereotype of a WoW player. By that I mean I get top marks in school, horde trivia of essentially useless facts ((did you know that 13 people are killed each year by vending machines? Really. It's true.)) and am really only socially adept when in the guise of a character. Aside from WoW, I play a little bit of guitar and piano, and attend a drama class biweekly, but my other main hobby is original writing. I'm quite character-based, and tend to work mostly in the genre of fantasy, which is probably why I get along so well with this game. I also have a penchant for stories that explore darker characters or amorality.
I think I should also mention here that, as a player, I really haven't had much experience with roleplaying. I played on the retail RP servers, but never found them up to much. So I only have retail base and the help sections of this forum under my belt so far, really.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the UK and have lived here all my life, so primarily speak English. I know a little German, but I think my heart will always remain with the country that bore Shakespeare.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The only game of the series I have played is World Of Warcraft and the extension packs; never had any experience with original Warcraft or others. I initially downloaded the trial version and shared an account with my sister. At some indeterminable point while I was exploring the joys of low-level RP, she became hooked. Since she was the one paying for the account, I gave it up to her and moved onto private servers, but I've yet to find one with good RP.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Initially, I was browsing for any RP Private server, and I have to confess that I came across this one a few months ago and was too intimidated to apply. The idea of a request for access and potential rejection scared me too much so I scampered away again. But I've gravitated back and gained the courage to submit an application this time, because my logic dictates that a rejection indicates I am not adequate for this server – so I really shouldn't be playing there anyway.
Courage was fuelled when further exploring the framework of the site to discover the wiki, and the extensive amount of effort put into it. I'd be missing out if I didn't even try to get in, right?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
From my albeit somewhat limited experience, so far I can distinguish that my favourite type of roleplay is probably either the epic adventure or small-group social interaction, like the popular tavern example. Epic adventures because real life simply isn't on such a grand scale as WoW can be…I can still remember vivid amazement for my first time on the game at the sheer scale and detail involved. To be so immersed in a character that exists in a world so different to our own in fascinating, as it gives you the duality of options to explore the character and the existence.
Small-group social interaction is another one of my favourites, because it's great to see how other people have created their characters and how you can draw inspiration from it to work together perfectly. It's one of those occasions where two people/characters don't have to like each other for a situation to be great fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
From the start, I've always been a Horde kind of girl myself, and as such most of my characters were so. Initially, my favourite class was undoubtedly druids. My family have always placed a lot of emphasis on nature, so I have an inbuilt wonder for the natural world. Over time, however, my tastes have changed. Although druids will always be my first love, more recently I'm becoming interested in rogues. I do believe that people change class preferences with time, and that it keeps the experience fresh.
As for race, I find myself of late drawn to the Forsaken. The lore behind it…! It provides such a versatile background for a character!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I suppose I would expect variety. When you're roleplaying, you get such a diverse range of characters, all of who want to try out different scenarios…RP surprises me, because you get a collection of individual experiences all threaded together. I guess I'm expecting people who take this seriously ((what with the scary application and all.)). I think I'm also expecting a certain level of maturity in the hope players won't envoke the Drama Llama when things don't go their way.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hmmm. Humility, I think. It really enforces that while the personal experience is great, there are other players who may not wish to comply to your story. It's nice to think of players who will work together to create a large-scale theme rather than viewing themselves as all-important.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story, you say. Hmm. I can do a taster introduction to what I'm thinking is going to be my main. It'll be right off the bat, so I hope this isn't terrible!

It was raining again.
Vir hated it when it rained. Her eyesight was bad enough anyway, without the gray sheets of rain obscuring her vision, let alone the night settling around her. The hilt of her sword was already slippery, and her fingers were numb with cold. She prayed she would not come across another bear before she could get back to Tarren Mill. Staying whole was her priority, for she had used her last bandage two days ago and neglected to collect more linen.
Crouching low, she carefully inspected the land in front of her before beginning to cross it. One too many encounters with a seemingly empty field had ended in bloodshed, and it was a risk she couldn't afford. Although out of resources, Vir was practiced in stealth, and was hoping that alone would be enough to see her alive by the end of the night. Well, as alive as a resurrected corpse could be, of course.
She cursed her ability for sensation on days like this. Existence would be much easier if the bite of a chilly wind at her flesh was not distracting her. But it was, and as it gnawed on her exposed bones, she clenched her jaw. She wasn't far now. She hadn't enough money for a good room, but perhaps she could pawn some hides off for a spot on the rug in front of the fire.
Yes, the fire. Flames dancing in patterns reflected off her milky, pupil-less eyes. The soft crackling of destruction, the smell of burning wood. The warmth on the wet, gray skin of her face…she could almost feel it…
It was only her lightening instinct that prevented the bear from ripping her head clean off. The paw landed a blow to her shoulder that knocked her backwards, and roar that followed deafened her as she tried to scramble off the ground.
Vir should know better than to dream about good things, when it was all too obvious bad luck was just going to be staring in her face.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Uuh...too wordy? I hope it's okay. Thank you for your time!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hullo there!
OOC, I'm a teenage girl, who does indeed fit the stereotype of a WoW player. By that I mean I get top marks in school, horde trivia of essentially useless facts ((did you know that 13 people are killed each year by vending machines? Really. It's true.)) and am really only socially adept when in the guise of a character. Aside from WoW, I play a little bit of guitar and piano, and attend a drama class biweekly, but my other main hobby is original writing. I'm quite character-based, and tend to work mostly in the genre of fantasy, which is probably why I get along so well with this game. I also have a penchant for stories that explore darker characters or amorality.
I think I should also mention here that, as a player, I really haven't had much experience with roleplaying. I played on the retail RP servers, but never found them up to much. So I only have retail base and the help sections of this forum under my belt so far, really.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the UK and have lived here all my life, so primarily speak English. I know a little German, but I think my heart will always remain with the country that bore Shakespeare.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The only game of the series I have played is World Of Warcraft and the extension packs; never had any experience with original Warcraft or others. I initially downloaded the trial version and shared an account with my sister. At some indeterminable point while I was exploring the joys of low-level RP, she became hooked. Since she was the one paying for the account, I gave it up to her and moved onto private servers, but I've yet to find one with good RP.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Initially, I was browsing for any RP Private server, and I have to confess that I came across this one a few months ago and was too intimidated to apply. The idea of a request for access and potential rejection scared me too much so I scampered away again. But I've gravitated back and gained the courage to submit an application this time, because my logic dictates that a rejection indicates I am not adequate for this server – so I really shouldn't be playing there anyway.
Courage was fuelled when further exploring the framework of the site to discover the wiki, and the extensive amount of effort put into it. I'd be missing out if I didn't even try to get in, right?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
From my albeit somewhat limited experience, so far I can distinguish that my favourite type of roleplay is probably either the epic adventure or small-group social interaction, like the popular tavern example. Epic adventures because real life simply isn't on such a grand scale as WoW can be…I can still remember vivid amazement for my first time on the game at the sheer scale and detail involved. To be so immersed in a character that exists in a world so different to our own in fascinating, as it gives you the duality of options to explore the character and the existence.
Small-group social interaction is another one of my favourites, because it's great to see how other people have created their characters and how you can draw inspiration from it to work together perfectly. It's one of those occasions where two people/characters don't have to like each other for a situation to be great fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
From the start, I've always been a Horde kind of girl myself, and as such most of my characters were so. Initially, my favourite class was undoubtedly druids. My family have always placed a lot of emphasis on nature, so I have an inbuilt wonder for the natural world. Over time, however, my tastes have changed. Although druids will always be my first love, more recently I'm becoming interested in rogues. I do believe that people change class preferences with time, and that it keeps the experience fresh.
As for race, I find myself of late drawn to the Forsaken. The lore behind it…! It provides such a versatile background for a character!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I suppose I would expect variety. When you're roleplaying, you get such a diverse range of characters, all of who want to try out different scenarios…RP surprises me, because you get a collection of individual experiences all threaded together. I guess I'm expecting people who take this seriously ((what with the scary application and all.)). I think I'm also expecting a certain level of maturity in the hope players won't envoke the Drama Llama when things don't go their way.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hmmm. Humility, I think. It really enforces that while the personal experience is great, there are other players who may not wish to comply to your story. It's nice to think of players who will work together to create a large-scale theme rather than viewing themselves as all-important.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story, you say. Hmm. I can do a taster introduction to what I'm thinking is going to be my main. It'll be right off the bat, so I hope this isn't terrible!

It was raining again.
Vir hated it when it rained. Her eyesight was bad enough anyway, without the gray sheets of rain obscuring her vision, let alone the night settling around her. The hilt of her sword was already slippery, and her fingers were numb with cold. She prayed she would not come across another bear before she could get back to Tarren Mill. Staying whole was her priority, for she had used her last bandage two days ago and neglected to collect more linen.
Crouching low, she carefully inspected the land in front of her before beginning to cross it. One too many encounters with a seemingly empty field had ended in bloodshed, and it was a risk she couldn't afford. Although out of resources, Vir was practiced in stealth, and was hoping that alone would be enough to see her alive by the end of the night. Well, as alive as a resurrected corpse could be, of course.
She cursed her ability for sensation on days like this. Existence would be much easier if the bite of a chilly wind at her flesh was not distracting her. But it was, and as it gnawed on her exposed bones, she clenched her jaw. She wasn't far now. She hadn't enough money for a good room, but perhaps she could pawn some hides off for a spot on the rug in front of the fire.
Yes, the fire. Flames dancing in patterns reflected off her milky, pupil-less eyes. The soft crackling of destruction, the smell of burning wood. The warmth on the wet, gray skin of her face…she could almost feel it…
It was only her lightening instinct that prevented the bear from ripping her head clean off. The paw landed a blow to her shoulder that knocked her backwards, and roar that followed deafened her as she tried to scramble off the ground.
Vir should know better than to dream about good things, when it was all too obvious bad luck was just going to be staring in her face.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Uuh...too wordy? I hope it's okay. Thank you for your time!
Interesting read!

Welcome to the server!
Interesting read!

Welcome to the server!