Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Axiom`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing games for several years now (since 2001, in fact). Although I still game every chance I get, I don't make it a complete priority anymore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the Republic of China, but moved to Canada at the age of 3. My primary language is English, but I do speak Cantonese as well as limited Mandarin, French, and Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been gaming for many years, and started becoming disgusted at the storylines that many game companies came up with. It was simply a generic "God A created the world, God B didn't like it, but Gods can't touch each other so they made humans, now choose your side and fight". After they made the genesis, they would ignore all story thereafter. You can take a guess as to how surprised I was when I discovered WoW; not only was there an intricate, detailed story, the company behind it actually kept it going.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The fact that you actually bothered to try and make a decent title (CotH) and not just '____ WoW' or 'WoW ____'.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, as long as the other people I'm roleplaying with also enjoy it. It allows us, the roleplayers, to become far more immersed within the character than if someone doesn't like it. I do prefer tavern roleplay with a small group over fighting roleplay; it's hard to talk while fighting unless you use voice chat, and I have an incredible distaste for voice chat-you are an Orc Warchief, I refuse to let you sound like a 15-year-old prepubescent teenager.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would be Dwarf. For me, nothing beats roleplaying a drunken Dwarf in a bar. My favorite class would be either Rogue or Paladin-a sneaky thief makes for good roleplaying, as does a holy knight fighting for justice.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To actually roleplay. While this may not seem like much of an expectation (if at all, seeing as how this server is made for RP), I have been to several places with 'roleplay' where everything was OOC.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that all parties involved in the roleplay must be comfortable with it. I've seen many roleplays revolve around mature themes while there were 10-year-olds present.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Note: This is actually a story I had on another WoW private server. Oh, and it's pretty long too, and nowhere near finished. Members of that other server pointed out several plot-holes which are actually part of my story that is to come, so if you see something amiss, it will be answered. The title is 'The Story of a Paladin'.

This is a story of a young man called Valyrian. He resided in a remote village in the mountains. Until...

One sunny afternoon, on the day of his sister's birthday, Valyrian was out for a walk, to the north of the village. It was a particularly pleasant day, with not a cloud in sight.

However, as he started walking back towards his village, he noticed a group of odd-looking men wielding weapons and bearing heavy armor. He decided to stay out of sight, rather than risk talking to the strangers.

Soon, he heard a sound. It was a loud, bellowing vibration, unlike any trumpet ever made. From the distinctiveness of the noise, he could recognize that it was Orcish, based on the descriptions his father had given him.

The cry came: "Run for your lives! Hide yourselves!". Shortly after, the Orcs could be seen on their wolves-gnarling and howling-coming down the hill that overlooked the east of the village.

The villagers started running, but it was no use-the Orcs had completely surrounded the village. The townspeople started panicking, running in every which way. The Orcs descended upon the village, killing all the villagers and burning the houses. Valyrian watched from a distance, in shock. He could hear the screams of the townspeople from the bush he was hiding under; fearing for their lives.

Eventually, after several long hours, a silence came. There was no more screaming-or maybe it was simply the shock that had made him unaware. He saw the Orcs leave the village, carrying the food and supplies that had been stored in the various warehouses.

Valyrian ran back to the village after the Orcs were gone. Once there, he saw the bodies of the deceased. The men were decapitated, the children mutilated, and the women raped. He could not believe the horror. He ran around the village, looking for his family, and saw his sister. She had been defiled, and lay strewn across the ground in several pieces. Valyrian knelt down in front of her corpse and cried, unable to contain himself. Then, suddenly, he heard an evil laugh. He looked behind him and saw a large Orc, bearing an axe. The Orc ran towards him, and was suddenly struck down by a bolt of light. Valyrian turned around and saw an elderly man wielding a mace. Then, he blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After he came to, he could not remember anything about his past. All he knew was that his family was dead and everything he had ever held dearly was gone. He found himself inside a room, lying on a bench.

"My son, you are awake! I am terribly sorry for your loss. One day, we will defeat these evil Orcs, and we will have justice; but for now, rest.", said a Priest, leaving.

He slept. And slept. And slept. Until he finally woke up. He got up and looked around. It was a beautifully decorated room, with stained glass and a sturdy design. He also noticed a 5-pronged candle-holder, with blue drapes hanging around it. As he left the room, he saw more of these candle-holders, along with more of the drapes.

He wandered around, eventually walking outside. As he steps outside, a man notices him. The man says, "Hey, you must be the young man Brother rescued." Receiving no response, the man puts his hands together and murmurs a prayer. At the end of the prayer, Valyrian wakens from his shock, and finally notices the man.

"My apologies, sir! I... did not notice you there.", Valyrian said, realizing what had just occurred.

"Not a problem at all, son. Brother Neals is waiting for you inside the cathedral.", says the man, indicating for Valyrian to go back inside. "He is at the very top of the abbey."

Valyrian nods and thanks the man. Going back inside, he notices an armed man, and they exchange greetings.

Upon entering the room that Brother Neals is in, Valyrian hears the words, "I've been expecting you, son." Looking around, he sees a middle-aged priest.

"I do not have much time at the moment, so I will be brief. Your family was killed in the recent Orc attack on your village. I was in the village at the time, and hid myself. I went into the village to look for survivors after the Orcs had left, and saw an Orc charging for you. I quickly struck him down, and that's when you collapsed. I brought you here. I suppose this will be your home for now. Please, make yourself comfortable. We are safe here, for this place is very close to Stormwind.", says the Brother Neals hurriedly.

"Where... am I?", replies Valyrian.

"You are in Northshire Abbey, son. I sense great strength within you. You have much potential. Should you wish to join in our fight against the Horde, go downstairs and take the first door to your left. Speak with Llane Beshere and Brother Sammuel. They will tell you about the ways of the Warrior and the Paladin. If you wish, you can choose to follow one of their teachings.", says Brother Neals.

Thanking Brother Neals, he walks down to the room where Beshere and Sammuel are.

"Hello. I am Llane Beshere, and this here is Brother Sammuel. If you choose, I can teach you the ways of the Warrior, and he can teach you the ways of the Paladin. We will each tell you the basics of what you can achieve by choosing one of our paths.", greets Llane.

"The path of the Warrior is one which holds great glory. We are the shield to our brethren, always first to engage in combat in a battle. Should you choose the path of the Warrior, I will gladly teach you.", explains Llane.

"The path of the Paladin is one which will aid you find the Light. We protect the weak, aid the strong, and mend the wounded. We are not necessarily always on the front lines, but we will always be supporting our family, friends, and the Light.", explains Sammuel.

Upon hearing these, Valyrian thought about it for a moment. After awhile, he decides. With a flash of hope in his eyes, he says, "I wish to become a Paladin. I want to help those that cannot help themselves; I want to heal those whom have sustained injury in battle. I also wish to save others from certain death, just as Brother Neals did for me."

"Very well," says Sammuel. "I will teach you the way of the Light..."

-----End of section 1-----

Months passed, and Valyrian quickly learned the ways of the Light. He trained hard, and learned how to use the Light to cure the diseased, heal wounds, and to bring Justice upon evil. He frequently returned to Brother Sammuel, and was taught anything he was ready to learn. He became far more proficient at fighting, and slew many evil creatures.

Then, one summer morning, Brother Sammuel said, "It is time for you to move on. I have taught you everything that I know. You must now journey to Stormwind. You will learn far more there."

To which Valyrian replied, "Very well. I shall go there to train, and one day, I hope that I will become as strong as you."

Laughing, Sammuel said, "There are Paladins far stronger than I. Just remember one thing: should you ever stray from the Light, it shall abandon you. Do not think about revenge against the Orcs that have destroyed everything you hold dear. One day, the Light will smite them, but only for the right reasons. Vengeance is not one of them."

"Thank you, Brother Sammuel. I shall not forget that.", he said, leaving.

He walked for a few hours and eventually came upon the Gates of Stormwind. Just then, he saw a group of ruffians hassling a few peasants, and he quickly unsheathed his sword. He yelled, "Leave them alone, or the Light shall deal with you accordingly!"

The group of bandits snickered, and they all rushed at him. He fought them for a few minutes, but started to tire. He eventually tripped on a loose root and the bandits held him down. Just then, a patrol of Guards came, and the bandits hurried away.

"Thank you.", said Valyrian.

"No problem, noble Paladin. Let's not have that happen again, shall we? Remember: even with the Light supporting you, you are not a God. You must train harder and become more proficient in combat if you wish to save the citizens of Azeroth.", replied the Guards, leaving.

Valyrian thought hard for awhile. He thought the Light would protect him, but in the end, it did not. He realized that the Light can only show him the way; it is he that must walk it.

He marched into Stormwind, and sought out the Paladins there in the hopes of learning more. To his disappointment, the Paladins felt that he was not yet ready to learn their teachings, and sent him off.

Determined to be one with the Light, he looked for anyone whom would train him.

He learned how to mine for ore, how to smelt it into usable bars, and how to forge those bars into armor and weapons. After he had fashioned himself a full set of copper armor and a good, sturdy sword, he traveled. He took to the road, slaying beasts and monsters, while still helping those that he came upon.

3 years passed. During that time, he improved his physical strength and endurance, as well as his understanding of the Light. He then returned to the Paladins of Stormwind, and they could notice the significant rate at which he had progressed. They taught him better ways to use the Light to smite his foes and to mend his allies' wounds.

After 5 days with the Paladins, he returned to Brother Neals. He now wanted to know everything he could about the Orcs, and wished to return to his village. Neals took him there, and Valyrian learned that his home was a few thousand paces north of the Jasperlode Mine, high up in the mountains.

Upon returning to his village, he felt hatred coursing through his veins. He inquired about where the Orc leader was, and Neals told him. Thanking Neals for all his help, he quickly left and began to plan how he was going to reach the city of Orgrimmar...

-----End of section 2-----

And that's as far as I got.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Since there is a quest EXP rate, I assume quests are working, but how many quests and to what extent? For times when I feel like just playing with monsters and NPCs, I do prefer to have quests to do.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing games for several years now (since 2001, in fact). Although I still game every chance I get, I don't make it a complete priority anymore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the Republic of China, but moved to Canada at the age of 3. My primary language is English, but I do speak Cantonese as well as limited Mandarin, French, and Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been gaming for many years, and started becoming disgusted at the storylines that many game companies came up with. It was simply a generic "God A created the world, God B didn't like it, but Gods can't touch each other so they made humans, now choose your side and fight". After they made the genesis, they would ignore all story thereafter. You can take a guess as to how surprised I was when I discovered WoW; not only was there an intricate, detailed story, the company behind it actually kept it going.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The fact that you actually bothered to try and make a decent title (CotH) and not just '____ WoW' or 'WoW ____'.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay, as long as the other people I'm roleplaying with also enjoy it. It allows us, the roleplayers, to become far more immersed within the character than if someone doesn't like it. I do prefer tavern roleplay with a small group over fighting roleplay; it's hard to talk while fighting unless you use voice chat, and I have an incredible distaste for voice chat-you are an Orc Warchief, I refuse to let you sound like a 15-year-old prepubescent teenager.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would be Dwarf. For me, nothing beats roleplaying a drunken Dwarf in a bar. My favorite class would be either Rogue or Paladin-a sneaky thief makes for good roleplaying, as does a holy knight fighting for justice.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To actually roleplay. While this may not seem like much of an expectation (if at all, seeing as how this server is made for RP), I have been to several places with 'roleplay' where everything was OOC.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that all parties involved in the roleplay must be comfortable with it. I've seen many roleplays revolve around mature themes while there were 10-year-olds present.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Note: This is actually a story I had on another WoW private server. Oh, and it's pretty long too, and nowhere near finished. Members of that other server pointed out several plot-holes which are actually part of my story that is to come, so if you see something amiss, it will be answered. The title is 'The Story of a Paladin'.

This is a story of a young man called Valyrian. He resided in a remote village in the mountains. Until...

One sunny afternoon, on the day of his sister's birthday, Valyrian was out for a walk, to the north of the village. It was a particularly pleasant day, with not a cloud in sight.

However, as he started walking back towards his village, he noticed a group of odd-looking men wielding weapons and bearing heavy armor. He decided to stay out of sight, rather than risk talking to the strangers.

Soon, he heard a sound. It was a loud, bellowing vibration, unlike any trumpet ever made. From the distinctiveness of the noise, he could recognize that it was Orcish, based on the descriptions his father had given him.

The cry came: "Run for your lives! Hide yourselves!". Shortly after, the Orcs could be seen on their wolves-gnarling and howling-coming down the hill that overlooked the east of the village.

The villagers started running, but it was no use-the Orcs had completely surrounded the village. The townspeople started panicking, running in every which way. The Orcs descended upon the village, killing all the villagers and burning the houses. Valyrian watched from a distance, in shock. He could hear the screams of the townspeople from the bush he was hiding under; fearing for their lives.

Eventually, after several long hours, a silence came. There was no more screaming-or maybe it was simply the shock that had made him unaware. He saw the Orcs leave the village, carrying the food and supplies that had been stored in the various warehouses.

Valyrian ran back to the village after the Orcs were gone. Once there, he saw the bodies of the deceased. The men were decapitated, the children mutilated, and the women raped. He could not believe the horror. He ran around the village, looking for his family, and saw his sister. She had been defiled, and lay strewn across the ground in several pieces. Valyrian knelt down in front of her corpse and cried, unable to contain himself. Then, suddenly, he heard an evil laugh. He looked behind him and saw a large Orc, bearing an axe. The Orc ran towards him, and was suddenly struck down by a bolt of light. Valyrian turned around and saw an elderly man wielding a mace. Then, he blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After he came to, he could not remember anything about his past. All he knew was that his family was dead and everything he had ever held dearly was gone. He found himself inside a room, lying on a bench.

"My son, you are awake! I am terribly sorry for your loss. One day, we will defeat these evil Orcs, and we will have justice; but for now, rest.", said a Priest, leaving.

He slept. And slept. And slept. Until he finally woke up. He got up and looked around. It was a beautifully decorated room, with stained glass and a sturdy design. He also noticed a 5-pronged candle-holder, with blue drapes hanging around it. As he left the room, he saw more of these candle-holders, along with more of the drapes.

He wandered around, eventually walking outside. As he steps outside, a man notices him. The man says, "Hey, you must be the young man Brother rescued." Receiving no response, the man puts his hands together and murmurs a prayer. At the end of the prayer, Valyrian wakens from his shock, and finally notices the man.

"My apologies, sir! I... did not notice you there.", Valyrian said, realizing what had just occurred.

"Not a problem at all, son. Brother Neals is waiting for you inside the cathedral.", says the man, indicating for Valyrian to go back inside. "He is at the very top of the abbey."

Valyrian nods and thanks the man. Going back inside, he notices an armed man, and they exchange greetings.

Upon entering the room that Brother Neals is in, Valyrian hears the words, "I've been expecting you, son." Looking around, he sees a middle-aged priest.

"I do not have much time at the moment, so I will be brief. Your family was killed in the recent Orc attack on your village. I was in the village at the time, and hid myself. I went into the village to look for survivors after the Orcs had left, and saw an Orc charging for you. I quickly struck him down, and that's when you collapsed. I brought you here. I suppose this will be your home for now. Please, make yourself comfortable. We are safe here, for this place is very close to Stormwind.", says the Brother Neals hurriedly.

"Where... am I?", replies Valyrian.

"You are in Northshire Abbey, son. I sense great strength within you. You have much potential. Should you wish to join in our fight against the Horde, go downstairs and take the first door to your left. Speak with Llane Beshere and Brother Sammuel. They will tell you about the ways of the Warrior and the Paladin. If you wish, you can choose to follow one of their teachings.", says Brother Neals.

Thanking Brother Neals, he walks down to the room where Beshere and Sammuel are.

"Hello. I am Llane Beshere, and this here is Brother Sammuel. If you choose, I can teach you the ways of the Warrior, and he can teach you the ways of the Paladin. We will each tell you the basics of what you can achieve by choosing one of our paths.", greets Llane.

"The path of the Warrior is one which holds great glory. We are the shield to our brethren, always first to engage in combat in a battle. Should you choose the path of the Warrior, I will gladly teach you.", explains Llane.

"The path of the Paladin is one which will aid you find the Light. We protect the weak, aid the strong, and mend the wounded. We are not necessarily always on the front lines, but we will always be supporting our family, friends, and the Light.", explains Sammuel.

Upon hearing these, Valyrian thought about it for a moment. After awhile, he decides. With a flash of hope in his eyes, he says, "I wish to become a Paladin. I want to help those that cannot help themselves; I want to heal those whom have sustained injury in battle. I also wish to save others from certain death, just as Brother Neals did for me."

"Very well," says Sammuel. "I will teach you the way of the Light..."

-----End of section 1-----

Months passed, and Valyrian quickly learned the ways of the Light. He trained hard, and learned how to use the Light to cure the diseased, heal wounds, and to bring Justice upon evil. He frequently returned to Brother Sammuel, and was taught anything he was ready to learn. He became far more proficient at fighting, and slew many evil creatures.

Then, one summer morning, Brother Sammuel said, "It is time for you to move on. I have taught you everything that I know. You must now journey to Stormwind. You will learn far more there."

To which Valyrian replied, "Very well. I shall go there to train, and one day, I hope that I will become as strong as you."

Laughing, Sammuel said, "There are Paladins far stronger than I. Just remember one thing: should you ever stray from the Light, it shall abandon you. Do not think about revenge against the Orcs that have destroyed everything you hold dear. One day, the Light will smite them, but only for the right reasons. Vengeance is not one of them."

"Thank you, Brother Sammuel. I shall not forget that.", he said, leaving.

He walked for a few hours and eventually came upon the Gates of Stormwind. Just then, he saw a group of ruffians hassling a few peasants, and he quickly unsheathed his sword. He yelled, "Leave them alone, or the Light shall deal with you accordingly!"

The group of bandits snickered, and they all rushed at him. He fought them for a few minutes, but started to tire. He eventually tripped on a loose root and the bandits held him down. Just then, a patrol of Guards came, and the bandits hurried away.

"Thank you.", said Valyrian.

"No problem, noble Paladin. Let's not have that happen again, shall we? Remember: even with the Light supporting you, you are not a God. You must train harder and become more proficient in combat if you wish to save the citizens of Azeroth.", replied the Guards, leaving.

Valyrian thought hard for awhile. He thought the Light would protect him, but in the end, it did not. He realized that the Light can only show him the way; it is he that must walk it.

He marched into Stormwind, and sought out the Paladins there in the hopes of learning more. To his disappointment, the Paladins felt that he was not yet ready to learn their teachings, and sent him off.

Determined to be one with the Light, he looked for anyone whom would train him.

He learned how to mine for ore, how to smelt it into usable bars, and how to forge those bars into armor and weapons. After he had fashioned himself a full set of copper armor and a good, sturdy sword, he traveled. He took to the road, slaying beasts and monsters, while still helping those that he came upon.

3 years passed. During that time, he improved his physical strength and endurance, as well as his understanding of the Light. He then returned to the Paladins of Stormwind, and they could notice the significant rate at which he had progressed. They taught him better ways to use the Light to smite his foes and to mend his allies' wounds.

After 5 days with the Paladins, he returned to Brother Neals. He now wanted to know everything he could about the Orcs, and wished to return to his village. Neals took him there, and Valyrian learned that his home was a few thousand paces north of the Jasperlode Mine, high up in the mountains.

Upon returning to his village, he felt hatred coursing through his veins. He inquired about where the Orc leader was, and Neals told him. Thanking Neals for all his help, he quickly left and began to plan how he was going to reach the city of Orgrimmar...

-----End of section 2-----

And that's as far as I got.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Since there is a quest EXP rate, I assume quests are working, but how many quests and to what extent? For times when I feel like just playing with monsters and NPCs, I do prefer to have quests to do.
Welcome! A lot of our quests work, especially the "Kill X and collect Y" sorts. That said, a lot of the more script-intensive quests are completely broken, including a lot of what Northrend has to offer.
Welcome! A lot of our quests work, especially the "Kill X and collect Y" sorts. That said, a lot of the more script-intensive quests are completely broken, including a lot of what Northrend has to offer.