Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mango`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been role playing for 7 years now, and have run a few communities myself, some of which are still around to this day. I like to consider myself experienced, but tolerant of newer role players. I also tend to match the RP depth and skill chosen by fellow players. Give 2 lines and you get 2 lines. Give 2 paragraphs and you get 2 paragraphs, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States of America, with English as my primary language.

I also speak Russian, Spanish, some Japanese, and French, though writing/reading these languages is another story.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play on the retail server but it did not appeal to me for too long. I have played all the games however, and am interested in expanding my experience in Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was informed that this Server had high quality roleplay in abundance, and I haven't seen that in a while.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am willing to try, and enjoy all types of roleplay. However my favorite would have to be kingdom conquest or war roleplay. That or manipulation/deception into getting other characters to do your dirty work or even better, twist them around to serve you. [ Reserved for Evil Characters. ;) ]

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf/ Ranger would be my favorite race/class combo. The ranger class is best suited for an elf, and night elves are noble, nimble creatures fun for roleplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Great roleplay and immersion into the enviroment, coupled with a changing world not anchored down by pre-conceived must's [ Such as who is the undisputed controller of _____ land ].

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity is my favorite rule, as it is very needed these days and lacking sorely in several roleplays.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The hammer struck down on the anvil. Once, twice, thrice, as the crude heated metal began taking shape. The small stature of the dwarf did little to show justice for his tremendous strength. Decades of smithing had built up his muscles, his experience, and even his senses to know just where to hit and when. Each smash of iron against steel would give it shape, each spark flying out would give it life. For a moment he would pause, keen eye looking sharply over the latest craft of unfinished blade.

"Hmph." The Dwarf frowned, age-old vision spotting many imperfections in the beast-slayer. "No my friend, it is not ready yet." The wrinkled lips spoke as he heard a shuffle from behind his smithy door. "You do not need to fear being seen here. The patrols don't come this far." He'd glance at the door as he picked up his hammer again, shaking his head in disapproval. "You still don't trust me do ye? I don't blame you after what has happened. I wouldn't make a blade like this for just anyone, however." The clanking sound of hammer meeting steel resumed over the anvil, edges pounded into a sharp form that could cut through flesh--or worse. It was no ordinary metal that would be used this day, and it was no ordinary sword that was being shaped by the Blacksmith. Throughout the night, the sounds of hammering continued, followed by puffs of smoke from the chimney each time the metal was heated. By morning, the blade was complete.

A shadowy figure, cloaked in a black cape and hood would finally enter the smithy, holding up a bagful of coin. He was much taller than the Dwarf, who was dually exhausted from such a task as molding this special metal. "I'm sorry for the trouble." The raspy voice spoke, likely having spent the night just outside the smithy. "The less you see of me, the safer you'll be." Sack of coins would drop to a nearby table as the figure observed the sword, the tired Dwarf sitting next to it.

"Aye.. keep your money. You'll be needing it on your journey. I'll just consider my debt to your parents as settled." The dwarf picked up his lit pipe, placing it to his lips and puffing some smoke out. "But I warn ye.. using this sword will not come without consequence. If you follow the path of the warrior, there'll be more than town guards after you. Are you ready for that?" He asked, picking up the sword by its covered sheath and extending it towards the man, worn tired eyes looking up at the cloaked shadowy face.

The dark figure stepped forward, taking the handle of the blade as offered, looking down at it as if admiring the workmanship for a while. He'd then lift his head to look to the blacksmith, a slow nod given to him. "I have no choice, friend. It's now or never. Good bye." Slinging the sword over his shoulder, he'd turn about immediately and start on his way, not another glance towards the Dwarf.

"Aye.. goodbye. And good luck, Tristan." The Dwarf said in-between puffs of his pipe, a tired grunt following as he began to close up shop and get some much-needed rest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Relapse showed me this server.

[ He made me mention it. ]
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been role playing for 7 years now, and have run a few communities myself, some of which are still around to this day. I like to consider myself experienced, but tolerant of newer role players. I also tend to match the RP depth and skill chosen by fellow players. Give 2 lines and you get 2 lines. Give 2 paragraphs and you get 2 paragraphs, etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States of America, with English as my primary language.

I also speak Russian, Spanish, some Japanese, and French, though writing/reading these languages is another story.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play on the retail server but it did not appeal to me for too long. I have played all the games however, and am interested in expanding my experience in Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was informed that this Server had high quality roleplay in abundance, and I haven't seen that in a while.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am willing to try, and enjoy all types of roleplay. However my favorite would have to be kingdom conquest or war roleplay. That or manipulation/deception into getting other characters to do your dirty work or even better, twist them around to serve you. [ Reserved for Evil Characters. ;) ]

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf/ Ranger would be my favorite race/class combo. The ranger class is best suited for an elf, and night elves are noble, nimble creatures fun for roleplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Great roleplay and immersion into the enviroment, coupled with a changing world not anchored down by pre-conceived must's [ Such as who is the undisputed controller of _____ land ].

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity is my favorite rule, as it is very needed these days and lacking sorely in several roleplays.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The hammer struck down on the anvil. Once, twice, thrice, as the crude heated metal began taking shape. The small stature of the dwarf did little to show justice for his tremendous strength. Decades of smithing had built up his muscles, his experience, and even his senses to know just where to hit and when. Each smash of iron against steel would give it shape, each spark flying out would give it life. For a moment he would pause, keen eye looking sharply over the latest craft of unfinished blade.

"Hmph." The Dwarf frowned, age-old vision spotting many imperfections in the beast-slayer. "No my friend, it is not ready yet." The wrinkled lips spoke as he heard a shuffle from behind his smithy door. "You do not need to fear being seen here. The patrols don't come this far." He'd glance at the door as he picked up his hammer again, shaking his head in disapproval. "You still don't trust me do ye? I don't blame you after what has happened. I wouldn't make a blade like this for just anyone, however." The clanking sound of hammer meeting steel resumed over the anvil, edges pounded into a sharp form that could cut through flesh--or worse. It was no ordinary metal that would be used this day, and it was no ordinary sword that was being shaped by the Blacksmith. Throughout the night, the sounds of hammering continued, followed by puffs of smoke from the chimney each time the metal was heated. By morning, the blade was complete.

A shadowy figure, cloaked in a black cape and hood would finally enter the smithy, holding up a bagful of coin. He was much taller than the Dwarf, who was dually exhausted from such a task as molding this special metal. "I'm sorry for the trouble." The raspy voice spoke, likely having spent the night just outside the smithy. "The less you see of me, the safer you'll be." Sack of coins would drop to a nearby table as the figure observed the sword, the tired Dwarf sitting next to it.

"Aye.. keep your money. You'll be needing it on your journey. I'll just consider my debt to your parents as settled." The dwarf picked up his lit pipe, placing it to his lips and puffing some smoke out. "But I warn ye.. using this sword will not come without consequence. If you follow the path of the warrior, there'll be more than town guards after you. Are you ready for that?" He asked, picking up the sword by its covered sheath and extending it towards the man, worn tired eyes looking up at the cloaked shadowy face.

The dark figure stepped forward, taking the handle of the blade as offered, looking down at it as if admiring the workmanship for a while. He'd then lift his head to look to the blacksmith, a slow nod given to him. "I have no choice, friend. It's now or never. Good bye." Slinging the sword over his shoulder, he'd turn about immediately and start on his way, not another glance towards the Dwarf.

"Aye.. goodbye. And good luck, Tristan." The Dwarf said in-between puffs of his pipe, a tired grunt following as he began to close up shop and get some much-needed rest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Relapse showed me this server.

[ He made me mention it. ]
Welcome to the server! Make sure to give the ever important stickies a read and to visit and familiarize yourself wih the wiki, it will spare us all a lot of pain, hehe. I liked your story, very well written, but I'd just like to make mention of the fact that we dislike characters who start out with mystical/magical weapons/artefacts.

Again, welcome and remember; Happiness is mandatory, citizen.
Welcome to the server! Make sure to give the ever important stickies a read and to visit and familiarize yourself wih the wiki, it will spare us all a lot of pain, hehe. I liked your story, very well written, but I'd just like to make mention of the fact that we dislike characters who start out with mystical/magical weapons/artefacts.

Again, welcome and remember; Happiness is mandatory, citizen.
There's plenty of mildly enchanted or +1 type weapons in WoW, so I didn't think mentioning a random weap would be a problem. But point taken, thanks.
There's plenty of mildly enchanted or +1 type weapons in WoW, so I didn't think mentioning a random weap would be a problem. But point taken, thanks.