Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: 3.3 - DO NOT PATCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As folks have probably seen today, patch 3.3 came out. For those that only play here, as long as you've changed both the realmlist entries (including the patchlist entry), you should have no issues with the game wanting to patch up.

For those that still play retail, please be sure to make a copy of your WoW folder if you don't still have one from the past, and be sure you are keeping a good eye on which folder is getting updated when you go ahead and do so.

As always, I have no idea when the server will be updated to 3.3, so please do not ask about it.
As folks have probably seen today, patch 3.3 came out. For those that only play here, as long as you've changed both the realmlist entries (including the patchlist entry), you should have no issues with the game wanting to patch up.

For those that still play retail, please be sure to make a copy of your WoW folder if you don't still have one from the past, and be sure you are keeping a good eye on which folder is getting updated when you go ahead and do so.

As always, I have no idea when the server will be updated to 3.3, so please do not ask about it.
Thanks Kret.
Thanks Kret.
Just a question about that patch,(Btw, yes, I did sneaked into mom's PC again)is it that one with all the geographic changes caused by Deathwing?
You're talking about a whole new expansion, heh.

Patch 3.3 is the fall of the Lich King.
Quote:the fall of the Lich King.
Quote:Fall
Quote:Of
Quote:The Lich King

Whut?
I just installed on my new laptop, and.. hurray I got the 3.3 version, does anyone know what I can do to be able to play? Do I have to re-install everything or is there a way? Please?

Hm, I deleted patch3. from my WOW folder, anyone know where i can download only to 3.2.0?
Ezther Wrote:I just installed on my new laptop, and.. hurray I got the 3.3 version, does anyone know what I can do to be able to play? Do I have to re-install everything or is there a way? Please?

I commited the sma error. I was told to erase all the patch.mpq files in your data folder. Erase all the patch mpq failes and then use repair.exe. That will fix up your WoW so it's patchless. Then you reinstall patch 3.2.2 watch this closely. As soon as it starts patching 3.3.0 you cancel the patching prgress. After this you download patch 3.2.2 and patch 3.2.2a manually. It sounds like drag but it wasn't THAT bad. At least it worked.
Roxas65 Wrote:
Ezther Wrote:I just installed on my new laptop, and.. hurray I got the 3.3 version, does anyone know what I can do to be able to play? Do I have to re-install everything or is there a way? Please?

I commited the sma error. I was told to erase all the patch.mpq files in your data folder. Erase all the patch mpq failes and then use repair.exe. That will fix up your WoW so it's patchless. Then you reinstall patch 3.2.2 watch this closely. As soon as it starts patching 3.3.0 you cancel the patching prgress. After this you download patch 3.2.2 and patch 3.2.2a manually. It sounds like drag but it wasn't THAT bad. At least it worked.

Well, i've deleted the patches, repaired it but now it wont patch at all. :S
I'm having the same troubles too it would appear. :/
Oh the ebilness of the patches! Except on torn pants! If you can't download the patches via the launcher try changing your realmlist to the original wow:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

"Borrow or use an old account to log in, and then it should auto patch up from their via activating the launcher." I say this in quotes because you didn't hear this from me because sharing accounts compromises security. Or run over to EB games grab a 10 day trail, and book it :P All else fails reinstall untill you have the latest patch and when it starts patching to 3.3 press the "STOP" button it is your friend. Best of luck!
Alternatively, download the incremental patches manually from WoWwiki. :>
See above. I did it, but for different reasons. See, my patcher was going straight from 3.2.2 to 3.3.0, so I was missing the tiny patch we were on. /nod.

Regardless, do that anyway. Much safer.
Pages: 1 2