Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: imtheguido`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Alright, trying this again. I currently work as a Live in chef for a fraternity in Madison Wisconsin. I fancy myself something of a computer gamer and nerd, as I spend most of my time away from work either playing World of Warcraft or doing something computer oriented, weather it be building or fixing computers, working on web and graphic design.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing since a few days after the release. I heard about the game from a friend and dove head first into it, and have been playing off and on every since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have tried several other RP servers and the quality of the servers are low. The idea of filtering out anyone that you think might not be a good addition to the server is very appealing to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy everything from relaxing tavern roleplay to the fun action packed adventure type roleplay with lots of fighting and danger. It all depends on which character I am playing at the moment.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
If I absolutely had to pick a favorite class, it would have to be a paladin. Paladin was my first class that I played and I have loved it ever since. When it comes to race, while I prefer to play human over other races, tauren is very fun, and blood elf allows me to play my favorite class, with my favorite faction.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect everyone to be respectful of one another. I expect people to fallow the Lore of the game as it has already been written. I expect people to not be trying to play cannon characters, or characters related to cannon characters. I expect the GM's to be helpful and not abuse the powers that have been given to them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The requirement to be respectful of everyone around you, even those that you do not like.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Chapter 1: Death, is only the Beginning.

With a loud yawn, Gimble slowly sat up in his bed, reaching up to rub the sleep from his eyes. His room filled filled with the night, a single beam of moonlight flowing through his open window. A gentle springs breeze causing the curtains to curl and wave in his direction. A playful smile flowing over his lips, as the boy climbed from his bed, and landing upon the floor silently. Looking up at the edge of his bed, a small giggle echoed in the room, toys strewn about the floor. Everything from a cloth beholder doll to a wooden sword and shield his step father had carved for him.

Stumbling sleepily over to the window, he climbed the small stepping stool provided to reach high places, and leaning on the windowsill. Elbows supporting his arms, chin in hand as he gazed out towards the distant tree covered horizon, the mountains so alluring. His face brightening even more with the first rays of the sun that peaked the mountains edges. Pelor be upon them once again today, another day to live. A deep yawn striking the boy once again, though his motion stopped abruptly as his eyes locked onto a distant figure. A banner, hoisted high over the horizon. Trying to make out the figure and the picture upon the banner, he turned, hopped from his stool and ran to his toy chest. A local mechanical person as they called themselves had given him a new toy which he called, a spy glass. It was very rough and quickly made, but it served its purpose.

Returning to the windows edge with haste, extending the raggedy toy which he used to pretend to be a pirate with his mates and gazing off into the distance. Sweeping the country side before stopping upon an imposing figure. A well armored orc, its face distorted from many a battle, armor painted black as night, and skulls chained to his chest. Eyes wide, the boy nearly toppled backwards to the floor, just barely able to catch himself in time to turn tail towards his parents room, making it to the door just in time for the war horn of the orcs to echo throughout the valley. Making the turns a bit too sharp, trying to reach his parents room as quickly as he could, stumbling this way and that, he was nearly run over by his father whom was already half donned in armor. Turning and fallowing him to the door, not a word was spoken as he turned and locked the door from the outside preventing his son from fallowing.

Gimble dropped to his knees as the sound of several more horns filled the air, arms simply laying upon his sides as he blinked in complete silence. Eyes closing as he slouched forward, his forehead meeting the hard floor to rest as tears welled in his eyes. The sound of plate and mail moving about outside as the town readied itself for battle, all the able bodied men and women dawning their armor and drawing their blades in defense of their families. It wasn't long before the tears stopped, and there was a long silence before the ground was covered in red, the rumble of an oncoming army shaking the land, and the sun itself, running violet and crimson with hatred.

Outside a battle waged on, orcs cleaving people in two with little effort, ogres tearing people limb from limb, and goblins ganging up upon their enemies for the easiest kill. Blood riddled the field before long, and the oncoming army's numbers dwindled too slowly for the towns defenders to gain any advantage. A deep gleam in the crimson eye of a single orc, whom stood in the background, staff in hand, hawk upon his shoulder and raggedy gray hair in shambles over his shoulders. A smirk crossing his lips as the smell of death filled the air, and his army brought the true wishes of the raven queen to the occupants of the town. With a wave of his free hand, the air became thick like blood, a red mist fallowing his army into the small city, and the clouds faded to reveal an empty sky. A loud rumbling laughter echoing in the air, his frame shaking with glee.

Struggling to climb out the window, Gimble fell to the ground with a heavy thud. Brushing himself off, he ran to the smiths, careful to stay out of the view of the invading army. Before long, reaching the home of the towns weaponry, he drew his first blade, which soon drew its first blood upon the chest of a charging goblin. Struggling to pull the heavy weapon from the corpse, he made his get away out into the nearby wood, stopping to catch his breath at the forests edge. Turning just in time to see his home ablaze, with fire raining from the sky to the ground below. Pelor was not with him this day, nor would he ever be again. A deep hatred filling his mind as he turned and lumbered into the darkness of the Steeped Wood.

Gimshol watched with a deep need of death as his army slaughtered all it came across. Soon the city would be burned to the ground, and one town would be gone from the face of the world. These putrid halflings would no longer be a threat to his plans. Hefting a deep green glowing orb from his robes, a single bolt of vibrant emerald lightning shot forth from the orb, and a shock wave of green consumed what was left of the people and their beloved town. Ravaging screams filled the air, as the souls of the dead, and dieing where consumed by the evil device, a surge of strength filling the orcs body, before he returned the orb to his robes and commanded his army to continue on. Their was much death to bring to the rest of the world, and so many more souls to collect.

(This short first chapter of something that I am working on is based in something of a D&D setting.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. Nothing at all.
Welcome to the server!