Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tsali`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been role-playing for years. I started with *gasp* D&D (how surprising!) and then in high school my mom introduced me to the World of Darkness (the original, i.e. Vampire the Masquerade and such). Last year I graduated from OWoD (Old World of Darkness) to NWoD (New WoD, just a newer - and in my opinion, superior - story set).
I'm semi-well-read in Native American and Norse mythology, so I tend to make characters with values and/or appearances of said examples. Mostly Native, since I'm part-Injun myself.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the U.S., specifically Ohio. So I'm stuck with just English, no cool multi-lingual background. President of my high school French club, but I took two years off to learn other stuff. Even though I took four years (and not to mention a natural at picking up language), I'm probably gonna start at square one so I can raise my GPA.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've always been a fan of Diablo (it came out when I was about 6), and around 2000 I picked up a WarCraft battle chest (the one with Warcraft 1 and 2) and fell in love with it. Except that I'm horrible at RTS. WarCraft 3's addition of elves as a race had me extremely excited. Originally I was horrified that Blizzard was making an MMORPG out of the RTS line, but then I fell for the poison...

What made you seek our server over others?:
For the past few months I've skipped around from private server to private server, but always became bored because nobody's ever on. I also don't care much about PvP, and alot seemed to be geared around that.
Honestly, I'd given up hope and just stumbled across CotH.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Action and adventure, of course! Then again, I guess that's more visual.
I'm out to try new things. None of my roleplaying groups has ever stuck together for me to really know what I like yet. The only thing I don't think I'll be interested in is politics.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Elven races are definitely my favorite, probably because they're cultured and artistic. The combination of passion and discipline sends a powerful message for me.
In terms of class, nobody has more than a mage.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly, I don't know what to expect. However, I'm hoping that the PvE will still be fun. I guess I expect the other players to be individuals and not tools while still staying under the lore guidelines.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I probably like the separation of mature material the most. I'm not always gonna be looking for adult-content to view, and if I am, it more than likely isn't going to be on here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alright, this isn't WoW-related, but here goes:
Hey, the name's Michael Bluefeather.
I grew up in a ghetto most Americans would call a "reservation" to make it sound like a privileged place to be. Believe me, it's not. It's a dirty place filled with winos, lacking in fair government and poor health care. My father was part of Indian Council, so I had a front-row seat to the corruption. He was a real piece of work, kept money coming in for our family, that was true, but at the cost of everyone else. He made sure that illegal activities were kept out of the police's sight, and always shut down any sobering programs, well, I could go on. The point is, he perpetuated crime and substance abuse and didn't feel any remorse. On top of that, everybody expected me to be the next medicine man. By the age of 17 I knew I had to get out, so I started networking to social workers and applying to colleges. Scholarships and grants practically threw themselves on me due to my financial and "racial" situation.
In a couple years I had full-ride to Harvard University's pre-med and law school, provided I become an indentured servant at their hospital for a few years following my graduation. That really was a waste of time since you can only practice one at a time in American society, so I went on to medical school. The point is, though, that I want to better society. End drug usage, fix people's financial problems, you get the idea? Well, it's impossible. I thought that for awhile. Student debts have to be repaid, and living expenses are huge for someone with no connections. Now every day's the same thing... I deal with drunks and drug addicts, and often times I have to take on the pleasure of alerting families to loved one's deaths, be they natural, violent or drug-related. Not much has improved from reservation life.
I'd like to go back to the reservation and heal my people, lead them to a better life. If anything, I'd like them to assimilate into mainstream culture mainly for the economic improvements. Did I mention that my dear old dad disowned me? Something about being "disloyal to the community."
I started having visions of clouds, of colorful birds, but the most prominent is that of the giant rattlesnake. I thought it was coming to get me. Finally, one day it happened. I was leaving the hospital, exhausted, when it started pouring down rain. After trudging through it, I realized I was actually climbing the raindrops. Of course, it took me until I was over the bus stop to see this. I would've soaked my pants if they weren't already. And my next sight, well! You could say it was an awakening experience. I saw a giant rattlesnake coiled up, head raised. Did I say giant? I meant gargantuan. This thing was fucking twice as big as me! To top it off, the snake had rainbow-colored wings, blue and green being the most prominent, tipped in red. He lowered his head to me and opened his mouth, and you know what I did? Ran like a motherfucker. Or atleast that's what any sane man would do. No, I kissed his tongue.
The snake? That was Montezuma's effing serpent. Me. He was a god of the Aztecs, probably their only one who wasn't bloodthirsty as far as I know which I don't really.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
There wasn't enough room to say why I like mages in the race/class section.

Race/class cont'd:
So whether you're a natural sorcerer, or a studied wizard, you've got enough knowledge and discipline under your belt that anything is possible for you. Except lifting anything over 100 lbs.
Welcome to the Server!