Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: OverReAction`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
((I'll say now that if I've already sent this that I'm sorry but it asked me to log back in and this page was displayed with all the boxes empty... I didn't have a saved version of the post as all these boxes are separate, and i promise that the first time I tried the test was generally longer. ))

I believe that to truly know someone is to have spent time with that person. For this reason I'm not going to tell you about myself, as it is not only going to be bias if I do, but it shows me that your willing to spend the time to get to know me if I'm accepted into the community. What I will tell you, is that my name is Pete, I'm 17 and too mature for my age. RP has been a big part of my personality for all my life and I hope you find what your after during this interrogatio- I mean questionnaire.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from England, Southampton. Oddly enough my native language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been a blizzard kid from the beginning. I flew across the Battle.Net when WarcraftIII was released and was one of those that bought WoW within a day of it's release here in the UK. I used to play on another Private RP server, but quit WoW all together two years ago... This is hopefully going to be my return to the World of Warcraft RP

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'll be honest and say it's one of the first I came across since I've tried to return to WoW RP servers. I've seen both good and bad reviews and this seemed to be one of the best I came across.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Okay, you can call me a fag, gay or simply a little dandy, but I enjoy romance the most. I know, I'm male, and I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy romance, but I do. (I do, however, spit on those that use "romance" as an excuse to cyber. Go out and get laid kids... But you should grow up a little first!(Please excuse this... but it just had to be said as it is really important to me. I'll tell you now I do not want to join a sever that's been turned into an excuse to cyber.))

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really have any favorites, however tend to play males and the more majestic races. (humans and blood elves/high elves if you have the option on this server) I generally play whatever the character best suits.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I honestly don't know what to expect, but I guess I'll soon find out. I have allot of questions that need answering, but let's just get an introduction made first.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really like the rule of respect, as this is what governs most other rules. I only hope that you guys enforce this more than other rules...

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well I hope this will do, as it's not required yet but I enjoyed writing it anyway. I know the places are made up, but I'm more comfortable writing this without real places after having not played with this community in the World of Warcraft.

The fighting had been waged across the borderlands for days. The little town of Northfield had been under a constant attack from it's neighbours in the town of Marrow, both having not met eye to eye with each other for years. The string that held the tension and tolerance of each residence had finally snapped when the duke of Marrow had been murdered last week. Blood now stains the rolling fields between the two, and hatred and grief has consumed these once fruitful times.

Amongst all this darkness and hate, however, there is a tiny shimmer of light and good; a tragic tale of Romeo and Juliet between the two towns; a candle still refusing to blow out as it flickers through the night.

--------------------------------------------------

"Psst... Becky!" Came the quiet voice from the alleyway just below the window. At first the young maiden knew not what to do, it was after all the dead of night and she should have been sleeping, yet for some reason she felt compelled to close her eyes. It was the quiet whisperings that made her remove the delicate bed covers and creep over the the open window, a little nervous and yet, excited. It was a gift from the light when she realised who it was stood below and Becky's heart skipped a beat.
"Logan? Logan wh-what are you doing here?!"
"I couldn't stand it any longer Becky... I had to come see you, at least just for the once."

It was Logan Blackheart, an ex-swashbuckler of the four seas and now a noble of Marrow, the very town her people were at war against.
"You best come up.. Quickly! Before someone spots you!" And with that she ducked back into her neat little bedchamber, planting her back against the wall and panicking slightly. She was a mess! How could she let him see her like this? With a quick dash to her mirrors, sitting down on the small cushioned stall once she got there, she grabbed her hairbrush, running it quickly through her long blond hair. 'It's not perfect! It's not good enough... oh my, he'll hate it, what if he hates i--'
"M'lady Lockheart... You need not waste your time in a panic about your hair. You look divine, and always will."
Logan stood not meters away from her, his handsome face glowing from the candlelight and his seaman's attire not a thread out of place. His tone was gentle and soothing, reflected by his calm steps towards her as she rose to her feet to meet him.

Her reached out to her, and Becky couldn't help but half launch herself into his embrace, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head against his muscular chest. He was warm, inviting and at the same time, soft and loving, his hand coming up to her face as she raised her head to stare into his deep blue eyes. There was no need for words, as the pair of them read each other like a set of picture books, and Logan's fingers moved a stray lock of hair away from her faces before sinking down softly onto her cheek and drawing her closer.

As their lips met, the young girl's heart melted and her eyes fluttered closed. She felt herself walking backwards towards the edge of her grand bed, opening her eyes as the kiss was broken and she was laid down gently onto her back. She couldn't help but giggle at how forbidden this night was to be, and a quick puff made the candle go out, signalling the beginning of their night of passion.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have one big question that's really bugging me. It's this rule about not sticking up for your friends...

"If you are not the person who was suspended, do not appeal kicks, suspensions, or bans. This is the business of the kicked/suspended/banned player ONLY. If you insist on speaking on the behalf of someone else, you will be suspended. Don't do it." I personally did not find this part of the "respect" rule, decent. This rule seems to contradict everything respect and maturity stands for, as it's telling me that the admin staff and GMs are not capable to listen to and take part in a mature and grown up argument about something that is, at the end of the day, a serious matter. As a person I believe that friends are the most important thing to life, and I'd gladly stick up for them should they be banned or suspended. If the reason is clear as to why they were banned then I'd gladly not argue, but if I see the idea being unfair or mistreated, do I not have the right to speak up and appeal for the action to be re-looked at?

I really want this topic cleared up for me, as I'm not happy about the idea of being suspended for speaking my beliefs as it's a breach of my rights. If I've mistaken or misread this rule then I'm sorry and would suggest rewording the rule, but I would like to know why I would be penalised for such a simple, selfless and yet serious act?
Welcome!