Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Adeptus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm usually some brains in the group. Most of the time it's up to me to come up with a plan to deal with whatever. I like to take the lead, but sometimes (almost always) there's no need for a leader, the group just needs good common sense. I'm the kind of player that always prefer cooperation than pvp, not just for WoW, but pretty much any game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Brazil, so my primary language is portuguese, but i can speak/write english with no problem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I kept hearing about this "warcraft" game when i (I really got the bad habit of using lower case i) was at school around 2004. One day i went to a LAN with some friends and we played. Later that year i bought the game since i got myself a new PC, and the campaign story really caught me.

What made you seek our server over others?:
No money to pay retail :(. That aside, there aren't many RP private servers around, plus this one is really, i mean REALLY organized. You don't play the game here, you roleplay the game

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The less romance the better, because it only slows down everything else. Action, political stuff, crime solving, dungeon crawling, bar brawling (this is really dangerous with munchkin rules), anything where i get to do stuff and make a progression.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really like playing as human, either paladin (mostly) or mage. Gotta say, for a race to survive 3 wars where they are the main targets for killing plus the ever so present human infighting, and still stay strong to face the enemies and not fall, these guys are real humans.
For the classes, i like how the paladins are the embodiments of the Light. Righteous, unwavering, good-hearted and just, the very essence of a human's good-will. Mages because magic is a real gift. Being able to wield it as they do is not for anyone. Plus the search for more magical power can easily corrupt one, as these are never in your face "I'll give you power and you'll serve me", it's something subtle, mainly false friends.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Get to know people and how roleplaying in WoW actually happens. I mean, it's a lot easier to sit around a table and yell at the other players and GM and just imagine how things are happening, here i'll make it happen, literally, for the most part.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. It pretty much sums every other one.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Sure is dark here."
"This cave is 25 meters below solid rock and the only entrance is inside a blasted fortress' basement. Did you really expect something down here to sparkle? We're lucky to have this trinket."
The trinket Helfer referred to was a small floating orb that emitted a rather strong light, but it could only illuminate about 4 meters around them, the rocks of the cave are dark, almost black. The ceiling was well above light's reach, and it was also large on the sides, probably around 11 meters.
"Whatever is here, must be big. Helfer, you may be well equipped and have good combat skills, but seriously, you're not a one man army."
He pretended he didn't listen and kept going on. After 4 minutes walking, they noticed something unique: the ceiling became a mirror. But it wasn't sharp or flat, it had ripples as if it was made of water. Also, it didn't show a reflection per se, but rather a point of view. They could see themselves from below, looking upwards, but in this 'mirror', the ceiling was black.
"I don't like this. Leo, stand ready."
The two redied their weapons and kept moving foward. Each second became an eternity. After what for them would've counted like 40 minutes, they stopped. The ceiling was still that strange mirror, and now the ground below them is also showing the same effect, but they see themselves as if they were flying above. The air was incredibly dry, as if in a desert. They sit down to eat and drink before continuing. The orb of light starts to fade away, and freckles of light start appearing in the ceiling. As they appear, they go foward and start to go up, trying to form something.
The orb's light finally vanishes completely as the two finish their meal. All they can see now are the lights, that grow bigger, approaching them as they prepare for whatever is coming. They are completely surrounded, and they know that those lights can only guide them to one destination. Strangely enough, they felt comfortable, the air got fresh, as if it just rained, and they were not feeling fatigued or tired.
"Well, i guess our deaths won't be so bad after all, eh? I hope to see you again on the afterlife."
For the first time, Helfer smiled to his friend. After a long, deep breath, he said: "... See you after this, Leo."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just wondering if it's possible for a character to become friendly with both factions or even become a renegade, enemy of everyone
Welcome! Since you realize it's a problem, try to capitalize your "I"s ;) Also, you can't become friendly with every faction, but you can definitely become hated by everyone, though that would hurt your chances for RP a lot (Unless you're a villain who people try to kill a majority of the time, or part of a very interesting rogue group.).