Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: slatiner`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I was 10 years old and lost inside my school's library. The assignment I received was to choose a book and fill in a book report for my literature class. Not being a stranger to books and reading, I knew that our library was lacking my kind of reading material. I was mistaken. A strange imaginary glow came from one of the lower shelf and I was drawn to one specific book that was obviously there by mistake. It was a GURPS book called Sorcery! by Steve Jackson. Thinking about it now, that was the moment in which I became a RP player. Life was never the same after that.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Well, that's always a complicated question for me.... I was born in Argentina 27 years ago, but I moved to Israel as a small boy and lived there for 20 years. Nowadays I reside in Brazil with my fiancée, my dog and my bar. I'd say that my primary languages are Spanish and Hebrew, but English was never really a problem for me.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As geeky as it sounds (and probably is), in my early high school days, while other guys my age were busy chasing girls and driving motorbikes, I spent a large amount of hours playing Warcraft II via LAN in our school's computer lab. I became a big Blizzard fan and can proudly say that I played and finished (most more than once) every one of the major titles they released. WOW came to me at first, at a very wrong time in my life. Having to juggle a serious job in a firm, my university studies and playing house with my girlfriend, I couldn't devote myself to the one thing I wanted to devote myself- my Tauren druid. Ahhh how I longed for Mulgore's green hills....

What made you seek our server over others?:
I tried the RP and RPPVP public servers, I really did. I even tried putting together a genuine RP guild with a few friends in a new European server a few years back in order to start a new world. No good. The normal servers didn't give me what I needed, a clean and honest role playing experience, too much "pollution", players busy with leveling and gaining experience and leaving no room for character development. As you guessed in your main page, I did arrive here from Google, and after reading your rules I got to the conclusion that we can be good for each other.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Owning a tavern myself (well, an Indie Rock tavern anyway) there is nothing better that sitting in a wooden table, listening to a good flute and violin, drinking a good dark ale and bragging/lying about your latest exploits in the mines or wherever.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ever since the Orc campaign in Warcraft III, I'm a big fan of the most honourable races- the Orcs and the Tauren. The physically biggest race of the Horde has all the qualities I admire- respect for life, inner peace, love for nature and certain spiritualism. My favourite class would be a feral Druid or a protection Warrior because tanking is, in my opinion, the best job in a group.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to enter a community that will allow me to virtually live the virtual life I crave for, and at the same time respect the fact that I also have a real life that needs me. Balance, as I learned the hard way, is the key for a successful life, whether it's a real one or an imaginary one.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule that definitely caught my eye the most was the one that asks for knowledge in the Warcraft lore. I stated playing WOW in 2006 and for reasons I stated earlier, I had to stop for a while. Until a few days ago that is. In order to fill that hole I became active in an offline way, which included me becoming a huge fan of warcraft machinima and also learning by heart the entire history of Azeroth. I'm more than glad that, providing I'll be included among your ranks, I'll be able to put all that knowledge to good use.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I hope you don't mind me completing this later on. Although I love and enjoy writing, I can't seem to be able to write without double and triple checking every word and sentence I write. That makes the entire process much much longer. I'll provide a much satisfying one in the future as I'll request to advance to gruntship.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
All is clear, thank you. I did wonder, however, whether you require a minimum online time per week and whether there are wide-server events which require attendance.
Welcome to the server!

Please make yourself at home! We do not require people be one so many hours out of the week, nor do we have mandatory server wide events. This server is about having fun roleplaying! If you can't make it to something, we all understand. Afterall, real life comes first.

<333

Cressy

P.S. If you haven't checked out our wiki, frequently asked questions and our lovely stickied forum posts, I would encourage you to do so. There is much information useful to you when joining the server. :D