Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: tankbabe`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My first roleplaying game I came in contact with was introduced to me by my father, sometime in the mid 80's; Dungeons and Dragons, I can remember the feeling I had the first time I stepped into that alter ego, the character I (along with my father's help) had created. It was as if I walked through this unseen door and before me was a new world, and I was something totally different. I was a deferent race, with my own short history, quirks, and habits I would get to act out while playing a game. I played Dungeons and Dragons and still play when time permits. After perusing through this site, my 3rd RP private server I have looked at, this type of play is what I am looking for, I have several different RP personalities I have used over the years, the troubled un-trusting loaner, the Loyal Honor bound Warrior (follower not leader) A Rogue or Buccaneer that lets his mouth move faster than his train of thought often ending up getting his fellow adventurers in more unwanted mischief, seemingly out for himself but to those that knew him, he would gladly give his life for a true friend. I will be brushing up my knowledge of the lore surrounding WoW while I await this introduction to be approved, along with creating my character adhering to the guides set forth on the site.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the U.S. State: Louisiana, City: Metairie (a couple miles outside New Orleans) October 27, 1978. English is my only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I came across World of Warcraft after hitting a terrible dry spell on the current MMO I was playing (Dark Age of Camelot), I had done most of everything in the game and players I had come to call family started leaving because of life or this or that other game, and I found myself wanting something new. The RP Servers on DAoC were very strict; one shouldn't be shocked if making a character with the first name Stu last name Pidasle that rather quickly a gm would be telling you to change it, or you get a private message from a gm warning you that you have slipped out of character for too long. While installing and waiting forever for the massive update for WoW to finish I started working up my new alter ego, checking out the races, and reading what little lore came with the game, I planned him out, from his lineage to his biggest pet peeve <in game> When in taverns looking to share stories over good ale how fellow adventurers would not remove their helm. It is like listening to someone talk to you while wearing a metal bucket over their head, it is very annoying. Well once in game on one of the flagged Roleplaying servers needless to say I was disheartened, seeing outlandish names and getting laughed at for actually roleplaying….The rest of my WoW time was spent on a pvp server.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am feeling the need to RP once again, after perusing through this site, my 3rd RP private server I have looked at, this type of play is what I am looking for, Roleplayed fun and adventure, random encounters, the downside of playing RP pen and paper is you normally know the real person behind the alter ego. WoW which already has a colorful history, being online, the real is kept further hidden and people can really really get into their character. This environment that you all have set up here if that actual is like I read on the site is just what I am looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of immersive roleplay, the more detailed and thought out the easier it is for everyone to get into their chosen character and be that character, notice I said “be” not “play” for those of you who have been around some awesome roleplay you know the difference, all traces of the actor is lost and only the character is there.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My Favorite class would be a Rogue, more of a fun loving, oops how did that end up in my pouch kind of rogue, and the race would have to be dwarf. Why? Well dwarves are to me fun loving either reveling in battle or a tankard contest dwarves have fun doing whatever it is they like doing, their boisterous nature to me also lends a hand in the fun loving oops rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations for this server are probably on the high side, I expect to step into a world where the real world does not infringe upon it (aside from the allowed ooc:). I expect to find people in this world, where each person, has a history all his/her own, enhanced by their travels and the people they have met in this world. I hope to find a working economy where smiths (players) can be found at market or at the forges working their craft and selling their wares. Heading to local taverns to listen in on gossip and share ale with others looking to brave the depths of some ruin. These are my most mentionable expectations.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility: “Sometimes other players' characters need to shine, and it is your honor and privilege to stand aside and give them room in the spotlight. Heck, play along. Find a way to fit into THEIR story now and then.” For me, from a roleplayers point of view, this appeals to me greatly not everyone can be the main character, and yet every main character needs companions, a very good rule for roleplaying on this type of scale, as it allows if all adhere to this, everyone to have their spotlight.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Drops of crimson defile an otherwise pristine white; the snow melts some as each drop lands upon it. Hand clenched to his side, an arrow shaft protruding between pressed figures, as more drops hit the snow. Tolrin, son of Bolin, struggles to keep his footing. Hours earlier he craved fresh beer basted boar ribs, now he was fighting for his life. He had been told his stomach would get him in trouble, either in the tavern or at a time like this. In the far distance, he could see the gates, and the smoke rising out of them, “Iron Forge” the words flashed in his mind. Surely one of the priests there could patch him up and remove the troll's arrow from his side. He was torn; he could save his life by going to Iron Forge, but at the cost of many others. A troll raiding party so close, he could make it to the “Depot” and notify the tankers of the impending threat, save some lives but at the possible cost of his own, there would be no healers there. Resurrection! The thought flashes in his mind, possible; if there was a powerful enough healer nearby. He cringed as stories of other dwarves that had been resurrected came to mind, one most terrifying , how one unlucky dwarf was left with no taste in his mouth, and of another who's “hammer” would never strike the anvil again. His vision starts to blur, he knows too much of his blood is on the snow. Knees begin to buckle, he glances in the direction of the “Depot” , snow white fur blocks his failing vision, hot breath fills his nostrils as something rather large bites down on the hood of his leather hunting cloak and is lifted clean off the ground, blackness takes him.
Tolrin opens his eyes, blinking them to clear away the haze; he takes a quick glance around. His side has been bandaged and the arrow removed, he could hear a mechanical rumbling of steel wheels. Steelgrill's Depot, he thought as one of the pilots entered the building. Tolrin begins to ask what happened.
“Oy! Yer wake!” calls out Bellowfiz, “Lucky for you there was a group of travelers passing through when you got drug in here, their healer fixed you right up and gave you something to sleep.”
Grabbing his things Tolrin follows Bellowfiz out the door, aside from the fuzzy feeling in his head, he was good as new. Stepping out the doorway Tolrin is taken aback by what awaits him. Sleeping just five feet from the door is the largest Ice Claw bear he had ever seen.
“He hasn't left since he drug you in here two days ago,” Bellowfiz cracks a smile “made some of us nervous, but you have yer self a good bear there.”
Tolrin shaking his head, “I have never seen that bear before.”
At the sound of his voice the bear stirs and clambers to his feet, yawning smacking his jaws as he does so. He walks over to Tolrin and presses the crown of his head against his chest, his snout sniffing at Tolrin's pocket.
Bellowfiz laughs, a mirthful deep laugh, “He wants you to scratch behind those ears, and prolly what's in yer pocket ha-ha!”
Tolrin reaches out and scratches the bear behind his ears, and pulls out the salted beef he had wrapped in his pocket. The bear gingerly plucks the meat from his hand, and chews it happily. The sound of his teeth hitting as he chewed sounded like small hammers on stone. Rubbing his head on Tolrin's chest once more, nearly knocking the dwarf over, he plops down beside Tolrin content. Tolrin shrugging not knowing what to do, begins his trek back to Coldridge Valley. The bear stretches and follows him, Tolrin, whose stomach lead him to a troll arrow in his side, also landed him a friend. Tolrin just kept calling him “Bear” and the two were never seen apart.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My account name is miss leading, it is one I have been using since I met my wife for it was her nickname, long long story but, I in RL am a guy married with 3 kids, 2 of which are gamers, my two boys (beems with pride).
Welcome to the server!

Please make yourself at home! If you haven't checked out our wiki, frequently asked questions and our lovely stickied forum posts, I would encourage you to do so. There is much information useful to you when joining the server. :D

<333

Cressy