Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jarl`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a let's, a drunken skald. In real I love poetry too, so I like to reflect that in game. For the drunken part well, it is all about havin' fun ain't it? I won't be drunken all the time, only when I am bored I start drinking. Which means most of the time for I am bored very,very (very!) quickly.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the Netherlands, so my primary language is Dutch. I speak English fluently though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I'm having a LAN-party soon and my friend who is hosting it kinda forced me to get the game. And I always wanted to play it anyway. I played the trial some time ago and I liked the idea of being really a different person. It allows one to truly be himself. Even I, being a metalhead and so an alternative, still have to comply to some rules, and I can't bear an axe to school can I :P

What made you seek our server over others?:
I searched for a role-playing server and found this one. I want to be really a character, so a role-playing server is a logical choice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Tavern of course! Have fun, drink a lot. Tell stories and skaldic poems, sing songs. Journey to elsewhere from time to time, tell of great adventures. Maybe have a few myself. Then return to an inn to rest and again just relay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well since I am pretty new, and only played the trial that's a difficult question. However I am surely able to enjoy being a dwarf(aye lads tha's right!) They look like spending time in a tavern a lot. As for a class, probably the hunter. Don't know how to explain it. They just appeal to me very much. They got the right feeling, if you know what I mean.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Real role-playing, sound good to me! I expect to have good fun here. think it's gonna be very nice.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
They all sound good, and logical. The role playing rules are very good. Indeed, be creative but stick to the game and it's universe.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well, it isn't a complete story but it's a good prologue I think:
Flames everywhere,
Smoke blinding us.
Foreign raiders, they came from over the sea.
Brutal warriors came out of the ships that landed in the earliest of mourn.
As soon as we saw their faces full of anger, that negotiating was no possibility, we knew.
We gathered our men and armed ourselves.
Then the invaders arrived in our village,
Ready to pillage.
Our weapons clashed,
And bravely we fought.
But we were outnumbered,
A chance we had not.
We fled to our homes,
Thinking to be safe.
A mistake that was,
For soon the smell of fire started to spread.
Now,
Flames everywhere,
Smoke blinding us.
Yet the door I manage to reach.
I open it.
A sword I see before me.
Towards me it moves.
A sudden eruption of pain goes through my body.
Until all feelings fade away...

This also show my poetic way of telling stories.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No questions so far.
Welcome!