Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Akragon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing Wow for over 5 years. Originally i come from a game called Neverwinter nights, which is pretty much the best real roleplaying game ever made. It is D&D based and has many servers that adhere to strick pnp(pen and paper) style roleplay. I Came to world of warcraft because i originally saw the potential for a great roleplaying experience although i have yet to find it. Im coming to this server in hopes of finding what i've been searching for since i started playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Im from Canada, and i speak english only...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As i previously stated, i started playing warcraft because i saw the potential for a great roleplaying experience. Due to the amount of emotes, and the details of the characters available to play i've always thought roleplaying could be great in this game.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've been looking for a dedicated roleplaying server for years. I've always had intentions of creating my own dedicated roleplay server, yet i've never had the means to do so. If this server actually provides me with what i've been searching for i have several friends that would also be joining.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all sorts of roleplay, anything from casual to combat based. I come from a game where the DMs (GMs in D&D terms) watch you at all times. So even if you're alone they might be watching you! Due to that fact i have a tendency of roleplaying at all times, even when im alone. But in any case to answer your question directly, my favorite times always seem to stem from a local pub or tavern. Dwarven drunkeness is insanely funny and always leads to interesting occurances.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I only play dwarves when i roleplay. And of course in keeping with dwarven nature you might have guessed i play a warrior 90% of the time. I also always use an axe because as D&D player would know, a dwarf never goes anywhere without his axe! Always his weapon of choice...

Also i've played the same character for over 12 years on every server roleplay or pvp, and will continue to do so, as he has become a part of who i am in real life

What are your expectations of this server?:
At this point considering how many so called roleplaying servers i've been to and left, i have no expectations of this server. I'd like to see players that don't have to say things like "Anyone up for some roleplay?" As far as im concerned if you're dedicated to roleplaying all you'd have to do is meet someone in the world and roleplaying should be happening automatically. Unfortunately this never happens

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I find all the rules are respectable, but i guess if i had to pick one that appeals to me the most specifically to answer the question. I guess the no rape rule would be the best. Personally i find that any sexuality in a video game is just plain weird...

To each his own though i guess...eh

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I personally garentee i will be posting many stories and plot lines for my characters if i decide that i want to remain here. That of course will depend on my experiences. I love to write story lines and plots...

I will clarify this in the next section :D

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just wanted to add my roleplaying history just so the GMs can see who i am as a player...

I've been playing D&D since the age of 16, im 30 now and although i haven't played D&D pnp for many years now, i still long for good roleplay. There is truely no experience in any video game like real roleplaying. With my time playing Neverwinter nights i learned that the pnp experience can be duplicated in video games, but it takes a dedicated group of player to accomplish this. In NWN i spent many years as a Dungeon Master. My main duty was to make story lines and plots for my world. Once World of warcraft came out, i played for a while and decided that my skills as a storyteller could be utilized in this beautiful game. Thus after applying for a GM postion i was chosen over many other players with the hopes of adding a roleplaying server to the existing servers. Unfortunatly this fail miserably, but i still continued with my GM postion.

Perhaps one day if the "higher ups" here like me and my style of roleplay, i will apply for a position as a GM here. Not that im looking to GM any time soon, but the posibility is there if needed.

Akragon
a.k.a Folir
Welcome! I do enjoy a good Dorf from time to time, but I've never been able to consistently play one... As a note, you'll want to capitalize your "I"s, because we're pretty big on grammar as a part of writing (Since RPing is really like writing a novel with more than one author.).