Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Verelden`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing video games since....well its been quite a while. I still lead an active life and enjoy hanging out with friends etc, but theres nothing I like more than a few hours and a good video game. Blizzard has to be one of my favorite studios of all time. From their great lore to their sense of humor, all of their work has been great. I first tried WoW a few years ago, but didn't get very far. I just couldn't get into the experience for some reason. It seemed to take forever between levels, and I didn't really seem to be accomplishing anything. I tried to dabble in RPing once or twice but no one seemed to be serious about it. Now I've decided to give private servers a try as some seem to be in to provide an actual RP experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born, raised, and currently reside in the U.S.A. My primary language is English, but I also speak a bit of French :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first Warcraft game, and first RTS after Age of Empires, was Warcraft III. I liked it so much I still play it to this day. The characters, story, and Blizzard-style humor inspired me. World of Warcraft was exactly what I was looking for.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am really looking for a good roleplaying community. I used to play vanilla WoW, and tried RP servers, but it never worked out the way I hoped it to. Hopefully I'll have a different experience here!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost all types of roleplays, as long as those I'm roleplaying with give it their all and make the story entertaining. Generally I like smaller roleplays as having too many people talking all at once can get...confusing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Personally, my favorite race would have to be Worgen, though they aren't around yet (Hurry up, Cataclysm!). Out of the current races I think my favorite would have to be Orcs. Unlike in other franchises, the Orcs of warcraft aren't mindless bloodlusting creatures, at least not the ones under Thrall. I think my favorite class is warrior. My first character was a warrior, and I enjoyed tanking quite a bit, as well as being able to dish out some damage. I haven't quite decided what race/class I'm going to be on this server just yet ;)

What are your expectations of this server?:
My only expectation is to have fun. I'm looking for a community in which I can have serious roleplays sometimes, and humorous or relaxing ones at other times.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite would have to be no god-modding. Theres nothing that ruins a roleplaying like an invincible half-demon/half-undead super mage with Frostmourne -.-

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The village was completely silent, just as it had been since the Scourge had swept through it so many years ago. Nothing grew here anymore. The ground was blighted beyond healing, just as tainted as the rest of the town.

The silence was broken by the slow plodding of hooves, moving at a leisurely pace down the main road of the town. The old, grizzled warrior atop the steed surveyed the ruins. Though this was an evil place there was no fear in his heart. He had nothing left to lose and therefore had nothing to fear.

"Whoah, girl." He said, pulling his horse to a stop in front of the old rotting hitching post. He tied the reins securely and walked towards one of the small cottages that made up the bulk of the town. The door was off its hinges, a large crack running down the middle where someone, or something, had forced its way in. He pushed the old timber aside and stepped in to the small room. The moon shone in through the broken window, illuminating the room. It was clear no one had been here in a very long time. Dust and cobwebs covered everything. Items such as books and pots were strewn on the floor as if someone had been searching for something. Perhaps someone had been here first? It didn't matter, what he had come for would only be worth anything to him.

He moved towards one of the few pieces of furniture that was still intact, an old but beautiful dresser. The door opened with a terrible groan. He reached inside and pulled out a rose, still as red and full of life as it had been on the vine. He put the petals to his nose and took in a deep breath, the fresh scent filling his nostrils. He reached in the dresser again and pulled out another item, a small piece of parchment. Written on it in a beautiful cursive was this, "Do not shed tears for me because I am gone, but smile because I have lived. Do not turn your back on tomorrow, but be happy for it because of yesterday."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just wanted to say that while I'm not the best roleplayer, nor the most knowledgeable of the history of Warcraft, I will try my best to provide a good experience to my fellow roleplayers :)

I was also wondering that since this isn't an instant 80 server, will there be people for lower-level characters like myself to RP with?
Verelden Wrote:I was also wondering that since this isn't an instant 80 server, will there be people for lower-level characters like myself to RP with?

To answer your question, levels /rarely/ matter on this server; the exception being ganked by mobs when you are outside city limits.

But...

Welcome to the server!
Please make sure to check out our wiki, forum stickies, and FAQs, much of the information is vital to playing on the server.

<333

Cressy
Ahh, okay. Thanks ^^