Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sorentier`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've been a roleplayer for about 5 years and I've been a gamer ever since I could walk, talk, and have decent hand-eye coordination. With these in mind, you'll probably think I love RPGs, well your right. I'm a complete RPG fan and have played games such as The Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, and Fable. Warcraft, however, was the big one that sucked my soul out and had me playing into the wee morning with no sleep. But how can you blame me, the Warcraft franchise is one of the best.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the U.S.A. and have been living in it ever since. My primary language is English, but I do hope to learn foreign languages as soon as possible.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother had Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness and he let me have it. After the first hour of playing it, I was hooked. As you can imagine, I was excited for Warcraft 3. Once I got my hands on that, it was the only game I played for about 3 months. The less important reason was because of the gameplay, but the main reason was the story that Blizzard had made and executed remarkably. Archimonde's return to Azeroth, Illidan's path to conquering Outland, and, one of my favorites, Arthas' transformation from a once noble prince, to the dark and cruel Lich King. With World of Warcraft out, I was jumping off the walls to get it. When I got it, I knew I was going to have a blast with it, and I was right.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Like most of the other people that probably came here, I googled "private rp servers". To tell you the truth, I was on some other servers before coming here. They all seemed good, but they didn't meet my expectations for a good server. Then I came across your little slice of paradise, and after reading all the information I needed to know, I knew that this server wouldn't disappoint.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I guess you can consider me a "jack of all trades" kind of guy when it comes to roleplays. I enjoy all of them, not favoring just one(although I do enjoy adventure roleplays were many things can happen to twist the path your going down). As long as i'm able to express myself in a creative way, in your guidelines of course, I'm game for any roleplay that happens to come my way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Out of all the races? Hmmm...Well if I had to choose one, It would be the blood elves. Their story is full of twist and turns that put them in the position they are in now. All starting with the Highborne, serving under Queen Azshara. Then they were exiled after they had opened portals which allowed the Burning Legion to come into Azeroth, which started the War of the Ancients. During their exile, they founded the kingdom of Quel'Thalas, and became high elves. Then during the Third War, Arthas led his armies of Scourge against the high elves. He reached the elves precious Sunwell, and corrupted it with his taint. With their only source of magic gone, the high elves had to run away, many of them dying in the process. The surviving high elves wanted to remember their fallen kin, so they renamed themselves blood elves, or sin'dorei. Later on, their desperation for magic became so great, that they allied themselves with the naga. The Alliance thought this as treason and sentenced them to death. The blood elves, however, were able to escape with aid from the naga and take refuge in the strange world known as Outland. Led by Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, they helped Lady Vashj, leader of the naga, free their master, Illidan Stormrage. With the promise of an infinite source of magic to quench their desire for it, the blood elves pledged their loyalty to Illidian and helped him in his conquest of Outland. I would love to say more, but I have a thing about telling the entire story, so I won't say anymore.

As for my favorite class, it would have to be the rogue. Out of all the other classes that World of Warcraft offers, you see rogues as the most neutral in roleplay terms. They do what they want, when they want, as long as their goal is met, they don't care what happens with other people. Compare the rogue with the paladin. Unlike the paladin, rogues don't have petty morals slowing them down. When an obstacle comes in their way, they'll do whatever it takes to bring that obstacle down, may it be good or bad. This makes them strange allies. Even if they are your friend, if you don't keep some kind of guard on them at all times, you can easily get stabbed in the back. They ride away in a carriage filled with treasure while you're trapped in irons, rotting away in a prison cell.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I do expect the community to be friendly, unlike those PVE/PVP jerks you see on other servers. But from what I've seen, everyone here is very friendly and I'm going to enjoy roleplaying with each and every one of them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It would have to be your rule of Respect. I can't stand people who show no respect, they're just plain rude and show that they aren't suitable to be with others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The night was pitch black, the only light shining from the moon and the lanterns that dotted the road. The wind ran through the leaves and mimiced the sound of whispering. It was silent, the only noises coming from insects that come by every now and then. Just ahead into the road, though, a dark figure walks calmly on it's way to where it needed to go. It was hard to tell who it was, but the lanterns helped by shining their light on the figures face. It was a man, a blood elf to be exact, walking along one of Eversong's many paths. It was still quiet, not a single sound except for the elf's footsteps.

Just then, the snap of a twig broke the silence, and the rustling of the bushes near the elf continued the noise. He stopped, looking at his surroundings. He then continued on, this time with his hand grasping the hilt of his blade, ready to strike anything that decided to attack him. The rustling stopped, and so did the elf. Six figures then leaped out from the bushes and surrounded the elf, each with a weapon drawn. The lanterns shined their light on the assailants, revealing them to be human. The elf just stared at them, observing every little move they made.

The humans didn't wait for the elf to make the first move, and two of them charged at him. Just as they were about to strike, the elf pulled his blades out and plunged them into the guts of his enemies. The two now lay dead, their blood spreading along the cracks of the pavement, like a stream through rocks. The other four were startled, but they soon started to charge themselves. The elf threw one of his blades and it pierced the bosom of one of the assassins. The one next to him got into satriking range and began to swing his maces around in an attempt to hit the elf. He parried the attacks then sliced the man's throat, blood drizzling out like a small fountain. The other two continued their charge and started to strike. The elf dodged some of ther attacks, then countered one of the assassins by breaking his wrist, taking his axe, then plunging it into the man's skull. But the last assassin got behind the elf and thrusted his sword through the elfs shoulder. His body shuddered, but he showed no sign of slowing down and punched the man in the face, dazing him and causing him to fall to the ground. The elf then pulled the sword out of his shoulder and proceeded towards the man. He placed his foot firmly on the man's chest and looked deep into his eyes. He could see the pleading, the begging for his life to be spared, but the elf thought nothing of it. He raised his blade and plunged it through the man's forehead, leaving the ground under his head covered in blood. The elf pulled his blade out of the man's head and went over to the one he killed with his other blade. He pulled the blade out of his bosom and checked his wounds. He shrugged, then pulled out a bandage and wrapped it around the wound. He sheathed his blades and continued walking, blending back into the darkness as if his being was made of it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
For any other server, I would probably have a couple of questions, but from the amount of information that you posted up for newbies to the server answered them all.
Welcome!
Welcome to the server, bro!