Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Magic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a new question for everyone today!

Magic that involves manipulating the casters blood, would it be possible? If so, what school of magic would it belong to and to what limits would it have?
This has dragon age written all over it.... *ahem* jk

But in all seriousness, from what I am lead to believe, yes it would entirely be possible. Death Knights have the ability to manipulate the blood of others if they are profficient enough in their 'Blood Magic', they just have to get a hold of some of their blood to begin with. So it only makes sense that the same magic could be used using the blood of oneself instead of others. Hell, it might even be easier since you can access your own blood more readily than that of others!
So, do you believe I -need- to be a Death Knight to be able to control blood or could someone learn this through normal means like someone learns Magic?
Dunno, I suppose someone could go about learning through RP if they were a Warlock. Might even be a prestige class that could do it.

Then again, I am no GM.
It's a "school" of Necromantic magic, as far as I know. Death Knights can boil the blood of their enemies or do a couple other nasty things, but that's due to their connection to necromancy and plague. You'd need a well-trained Knight or a Necromancer with the right spellbooks and experience to do it. Just note that among current player Necromancers it's probably unknown, since most of them seem to be completely focused on the Unholy/Undeath portion of the field (I could be wrong here, but there are only like two or three.).

So yeah, it's better to find a Knight because one of them is more likely to specialize in that.