Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Next Lich King?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, I can't tell you. At least not yet.

Looking over WoWWiki, some of you might of noticed something:

Quote:Finally, Uther revealed that after the Lich King is slain, someone must take his place, as without a ruler of the Scourge, the undead will destroy Azeroth.

So, with that; Who would be willing to take Arthas' place as The Next Lich King?
Muahahahaha!!!

So, if while planning the event we decide to finally destroy Arthas, we need that to be figured out.
But... There is something else:

Spoiler:
Quote:In a dream state where Arthas sees past, present, and future, presented by Ner'zhul, Arthas murders the child manifestation of his humanity (e.g. love, compassion, and so forth). Delighted at this decision Ner'zhul states "We are one, Arthas. Together we are the Lich King. No more Ner'zhul, no more Arthas -- only this one glorious being." With that Arthas murders Ner'zhul and tells him "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready." Ner'zhul is stunned by the betrayal, then disappears. It is uncertain if this dream state actually results in Arthas murdering Ner'zhul's essence, but it would seem to indicate that Arthas's soul lords over Ner'zhul's.
So then, the person that intends to replace Arthas also runs the risk of being consumed by him, or at the very least being corrupted, if we aren't completely successful in destroying his essence.

And of course, then what would we do with the replacement?

Spoiler:
If he was corrupted, he could turn on us all.
Then there is the possibility that the corruption could take time, or it could be hidden, so imprisoning him would be out of the question, as he could use his telepathy to command his Undead minions to go and rescue him.
We're pretty damn screwed.

In the chance the person doesn't get corrupted, we should be safe.

BUT THERE IS ANOTHER THING. We have to be incredibly wise when we come to this choice. If we get someone pro-alliance or pro-horde, they could use the armies of undead to destroy the other. We need someone with incredible willpower and intellect, and is fair and balanced and can see the world from both perspectives.
Which raises another point.
If this person does fit the 'loves everybody' quota, the new Lich King could usher in a new era of peace and prosperity, and act as a peacekeeper faction.

So now, the decision needs to be made, from this intricate mother of all problems.
We need a replacement.
Unless of course, we actually manage to find a way to destroy the undead and The Lich King entirely.
But that wouldn't be cool.

So remember: This decision could turn the CotH World on it's head.

So, discuss.
Wasn't there a thread made about this not too long ago?
Money is on Darion, Bolvar, or Tirion.
To much power to give to one person I say.
Keep Arthas alive, I say.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore?

The question is ofc, would she even do it?

- If not, I say Darion Mograine.
Jaina Proudmoore for Lich Queen!
So wait If arthas is destroyed, the scourge will go all beserk if a new Lich King isn't made. This seems a lot like the pirate of the carribean trilogy, you know Davy jones. Ahhh, so who we need is Orlando bloom!. In all seriousness I vote jaina, and after that probably Tirion.
It's Thrall...
>Thrall

waht
Darion or Bolvar. More on Darion. He's the only one in my opinion who has experienced through hardships and was built a solid storyline of such redemption and sacrifice. Though...what the heck happened to his father? I heard Alexandros is still around.
Trust me on this one.

Blizz is going to come out and be all...
"Hai Guyz. Ya Thrall is Lch kng!"

And I will be all...
"Pay up."

And you will be all...
"Sonofbitch!"
I was hearing about Thrall being the Guardian of Tirisfal, all those rumors n such
Jared.

... I mean, uh, Darion Mograine is the most likely candidate, I agree. Thrall as the next Guardian makes sense, but isn't Med'an training to fill that role?
personally id like the twist if fordring became the new lich king, would be cool and ironic
Don't ask me how I know but lets just say I would bank my money on Thrall. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5