Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question about In Game Classes and Profiles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change a characters In Game Class, but still keep the Profile Class the same?

Or would I have to put in something so I change both?
You would have to change both, and have a reason to. From what I can recall, however, you already asked this in your profile and received and answer. Unless there's an IC reason for the change we see no reason to change characters' OOC classes in an effort to help them better farm mobs.
I don't remember me ever asking to change a profile class or an in game class before, the only time I asked about classes is, " What class would be more suited to a Witcher-type character?"

But, aside from that, I don't just want to change classes so I can better farm mobs. I do have an IC reason to change my paladin to a warrior, I actually posted about it in the Storyline section.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15927&p=99710#p99710

How would I go about getting it changed, anyway? Would I just find a GM or something and ask them?
Changing classes would involve remaking the character, as it's not really something we GMs can just flip for someone.
While on my own little server, I attempted to make a Draenei Warlock, with horrible results. I was unable to log back into that character after editing it's class in the database.. So yeah, changing OOC class requires a total character reroll.

Sorry pal.
I think you folks are taking what he said out of context.

Quote:Is it possible to change a characters In Game Class, but still keep the Profile Class the same?
There is no rule against it. I mean, if you make your character a Paladin in-game, and you say that he is a Warrior ICly, there is nothing against that. Even if it confuses people.. Now if you want to make him a Warrior to stop confusing people, or for other reasons. You can do it. However, do not expect a Game Master to give you your level, gold or items back. It's up to you to choose your class when you create the character, they will not change it for you after that.

I believe you can change your character class around ICly and OOCly as much as you want until you are approved and level 80'd. Then you have to do a Story. Like Kagh did I believe. Then they may just help you after that. I'm not 100% sure, because it's 8 and I haven't slept yet. But.. yeah.

So. Tldr; version. You can, but don't expect to get your shiznit back.
For reference, I was quoting This Thread which made me question the current thread somewhat.
Oh! That one, Kaghuros. That one was because of most of the Paladin spells not being able to work, but I got over that and went with it. I'm sorry, I completely forgot about that thread.

Also, I'm not asking for a level bump or anything, I really just want to re roll him and make him into a Warrior and work his way back up to 38.

Well, thank you for the help. Just one more thing, do I have to submit a new character profile or can I keep it the same? Since he's still in the Gruntship Pending file.
If he's fallen and is no longer a Paladin, just change the class and make a note about the circumstances.