Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: rabidrabits`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, my name is Brandon. I'm an aspiring writer, currently working on a book that I've been re-writing for about two years now. It's a fantasy novel that i hope to actually finish some day soon. I love to read, if i'm not reading i'm either playing games on my xbox 360, writing, or listening to music. I love music, from classical music to modern rock. Only genre's i will not listen to are rap/hip-hop music. Other than that i'll mostly be found listening to classic rock music from the late sixties to late eighties. One of my favorite bands of all time is The Beatles. I own two guitars, one electric and one acoustic. Though I fail at playing them both, I still attempt and will one day learn how to hopefully play well. I'm not much of a Television watcher, but I do very much enjoy watching shows like "Stargate" and "Heroes". I'm a Sci-Fi nerd and gamer to the core. The type of games I enjoy the most are Role Playing Games such as the Final Fantasy series, and Elder Scrolls.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in North America. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into World of Warcraft because of several friends of mine. One downloaded it to play on a free server and it snowballed from there. I refused at the beginning because I didn't want to become addicted. I eventually got a computer of my own and decided to download it and well, been playing it since. I've never played retail, but I've done a deal of reading about lore and such whenever I get the chance to.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I came here because a friend of mine from a private server wanted me to come here. I was also looking for a different place to 'RP', so her request and me coming here to play go hand in hand.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy types of RP's where I can develop a story between one or more characters. I prefer interacting between a small group of people rather than say, twenty people. I also enjoy a Dungeons and Dragons type of roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would be the Tauren. Mostly because they look like Minotaurs from Greek Mythos. They also show a strong sense of self and the way they live in the places they do. As for class, my favorite classes would be Hunters and Warriors. Hunters because they survive and do most everything on their own. The hunter/ranger type character has always been my favorite in any game or story. They show versatility in what they are able to do and above all, survivability. With warriors, they show determination and have pride in what they do. I like how they do not give up under difficult circumstances and other harsh scenarios.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Not sure exactly, hoping it'll be a place I can spend some off time in though.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Mostly about learning about lore, I'm currently reading as much lore as I can find and reading in depth writings about race/classes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The time passed slowly to Seika as he was waiting for his brother. The sun was high above his head when his brother finally arrived at the road. Drake was carrying his two swords that he had had for nearly seven years. Ever since he was a child, Drake had been practicing with his swords. The two were very special to him. They were both made for him on his eighteenth birthday by a smithy that used to live in the village. When times were good and the materials were easy to come by the smithy would make his blades for no charge, other than a promise that the swords would be regularly taken care of. The blade that Drake carried on the left side of his hip was the one he would regularly use for practice. The blade was made of blue silver steel that used to be very abundant just a few years back. This special steel was one of the main exports of the small village. But when the mines went dry the village quickly fell on hard times. The blade it's self seemed to have a life on its own when it was drawn it seemingly leapt to life. The second blade, which Drake carried on his right side, was a strange blade. It was made of a rust colored metal that had been in abundance once, and just like the other blue silver metal this one was no longer able to be mined. The blade was set into a hilt that had an ingenious design. There was not only one but two handles for the hilt. The main one served to be used for normal combat, and when it was being used there was a piece of metal attached to the bottom of the blade that would prevent it from spinning. But when the other one was being used the blade served as a great way to defend one's self. The blades were brother blades, being made and formed together in the same forge, by the same smithy, and when both blades were in use the swords made the wielder seem like only an extension of himself.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't exactly have anything to ask now, but might have something in the near future.
Welcome!
rabidrabits Wrote:What made you seek our server over others?:
I came here because a friend of mine from a private server wanted me to come here. I was also looking for a different place to 'RP', so her request and me coming here to play go hand in hand.

Heh heh. Who might THAT be? xP