Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: In Need of Assist with Draenei History.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I usually play a human cause - well I liked the racials to be honest but I got into playing them in RP for WoW regardless. However! This time I have decided to play a Draenei because I love them also and racials aren't all that important on a non-rp/pvp server. (Yes I'm a dirty dirty rp/pvper :O) Anyway I'm having an issue coming up with a history for my Draenei for several reasons.

1: Age requirement apparently Draenei live to be crazy old so a youngin' is something like 600 or so I'm told. I was originally going to go with 66 or around those lines but I'm told I'd be like a baby or a teenybopper. (Which honestly makes no sense to me but I'm not here to argue that.) The reason this is causing me a problem because I feel the need to justify 600 years of my characters history through what happened during 600 years of lore. Not that I wouldn't mind doing that but I feel it'd be pretty generic.

2: Used to play a human.

Yes I know that second reason is rather weak: Anyway this is a casual call for discussion and assist for anyone who has any "CONSTRUCTIVE" comments, suggestions or ideas for how I can flush out my characters history more without bogging it down with to much already-know-that lore.

K-Thanks.
use <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowpedia.org]www.wowpedia.org</a><!-- w --> and search Draenei (playable) it'll have all you could ever need.
That helps a little but not for a log of my history concerns.
The artical tells you all of the draenei race history up until the present, and actually hate to break it to you, but they live to be 6-8 thousnad years old, around that length anyway.
Yes. I know that. My issue isn't finding the Draenei history or lore its adjusting it for the character as the character would have to be with the Draenei for most of those lore events do to their age it just feels like it would eat up the history a lot.
The problem is the Draenei you are allowed to play has been through the lore events, I suggest also you look at different factions of draenei? I have never rped one but I do know they do not have as expansive lore as other races have.
Eh, it doesn't really take up much space, all you really need to state is what your Draenei's been doing for hundreds of years, going from world to world.

You kinda expand on it when you get to Draenor[ Aka what's now the Outlands.] what with the Orc genocide of the Draenei, and then going to Azeroth on the Exodar, you can write about what your Draenei has done for a year or two, on Azeroth aswell, or I imagine you could make it that your Draenei stayed on Draenor.

[Atleast, this is what I've seen other people do.]