Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Maze`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been role playing for quite a while, in about two years now I belive. During that time I have only been role playing on various other private Rp servers. I belive myself to be a mature role player that is capable of handling both good and bad things ic and ooc in a approperiate manor.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The country I was born in and that I have lived my whole life in so far is Sweden, and my primary language is therefor of course swedish. I am quite confident in my english, nevertheless, and should there be some misspelling or other written error in my text I appreciate corrections (as long as they are presented in a friendly or at the very least neutral manor).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Originally it was due to that a friend of mine started playing. It was my first experience ever of a MMORPG and I was quite impressed by the whole idea of playing as a hero (favorly of old) and was soon after cought in the whole World of Warcraft universe. I shortly after bought my own copy of the game and started playing myself.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have been looking around on this server before, but due to rumors of virus and lack of actual role play I havn't thought about joining until now when a friend of mine claimed that it was all false. Seeing as I am at the moment interested in finding a server where I could get proper Rp I decided to give this server a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer quite a few diffrent sorts of roleplay, though I tend to favor role playing in crowds rather then in pair. I have though come to like fighting rp more and more, though I do often try to cause the fight to end in something else then a killing blow, seeing as it often is prefered not to have your character killed. I do of course accept diffrent views on that and is willing (if necessary) to proclaim my character as dead if one or several other individuals cause him to enter a fatal condition.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I favor night elfs due to their self proclaimed wisdom and knowledge about various matter. A class I have come to like lately is the prestige class of demon hunter. What I prefer about those is the missunderstanding and dislike that they close to always face, where ever they go. I also like the fact that they favor speed and agility before power and strength in a fight, seeing as it suits me well when I engage in roleplay fights.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations on this server is that it will be containing players who are capable of totally separate Ic and Ooc argumentations and keep their roleplay on a lore correct level. I also hope that they will be able to correct themselfs, should any error or other mistake be found in their roleplay, without making a scen. As I hope I will be able to honor those expectations by being able to myself act in such an approperiate manor.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Those three rules that I favor the most in the list must be the one about "Keyboard skills" seeing as even though (as the rule states) all people are capable of errors, it can on certain occation be quite annoying when someone constantly resorts to shortenings fitting for ooc usage.
The rule "Knowing when to quit" is also something I am strongly for since I have on multiple occations had people complaining about how my character insulted them (when in character) and then demanding that I should apologise, (their complains were Out Of character). I also agree with the following part of the rule. I do of course understand that there is a limit to how much you can demand that people should be able to handle while in character.
And finally, the "Godmode" rule. I belive this rule to be more of a must rather then something that needs to be stated as a rule. I have always done my best to never get into the categories of "godmoding", "meta-gaming" or "power-gaming". When considered any of these, I am more then happy to receive notice so that I may as quickly as possible correct myself, since it most likely was caused by a misunderstanding or a unwitting mistake.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Anger... Contempt... Disappointment.. Those were the thoughts that went through Atherion's head as he with great determination made his way down the tall, cracked wall on the outshifts of what was once called "The Temple of Karabor". Now, it was nothing like the place it ones was. The entier complex was tainted and the look of it made clear that it was nothing of what it once was.
"The Black Temple..." A suiting name, Atherion thought as he reached a safe ledge on his way down. He turned to look down but all he could see was a world of faded contours, though he knew, that somewere below was the safety of ground under his feets.
His climb down was hard, and he was constantly forced to rely on his sensory to find new place on which he could grab or stand onto. This was very exhausting, even for a Night elf of obvious good physique such as himself. With his glaives firmly attatched to his back with ropes and his kilt covering his legs he kept on climbing downwards. His long dark blue hair fluttered in the strong winds that occationally swept across the wall, threatening to send him falling to a certain death. Well down on the ground he looked around, seeing if his friend would come to assist him as promised.
Atherion sighed in relife as he managed to spot what appeared to be a shadowy movement flying towards him over the sky.
The proud nether drake Terenion, a being Atherion had come to befriend when incidentally slaying one of the strange creatures by the diamond ridge (as he had come to call it), took ground beside him. Atherion make a courtesy bow towards the Nether drake before approching it.
- So you have come. I was feared the worst when you weren't waiting down here. He said, with a friendly smile spreading over his lips.
- I keep my promises, Demon Hunter, but know that it is an honor for you to be promitted to ride on me. Teneron responded with the calm and confident voice that is approperiate for a dragon.
Atherion nodded shortly in assention.
- It is an honor noted, my friend. May I? He finished and gestured towards Teneron, silently asking for his approval to climb on.
Teneron sighted briefly but lowered himself so that the demon hunter would easelier be able to get up.
- You are free to climb up now. He said, but it was clear that this was not something he prefered.
After hours of flying, the two finally made it too the Terokkar border, where Teneron landed to let Atherion climb off.
Atherion jumped down from Teneron and turned his gaze towards the surrounding forest, he then turned back to Teneron and bowed as was customary.
- Your help have been greatly appreciated, my friend. I will not burden you any longer, from here I will make it on my own.
Teneron then looked back at Atherion, his eyes white as the moon and his skin black as the night.
- I will watch over you, Demon hunter. I can see already that you are not driven by lust for power such as the others. Should you need my help again, call out and I will come. He then paused, expecting the demon hunter to see his reactions, shortly after, he spoke again.
- But keep in mind that I am not your pet. Nor am I your servant. I trust that you will only call for me when necessary, else, I may withdraw my offering.
Atherion's smile swiftly faded from his face as he was well aware of the solemnity of the moment. He noded in confirmation that he was well aware of the honor he had been bestowed by this.
- I would never dream of exploiting your kindness, Teneron. The offer you have given me will be honored with utmost respect.
Without responding, Teneron turned to the side as he set of up towards the sky. Atherion followed the dragon as good as his vision allowed him, though he had soon melded with the other shadows that his vision contained.
He reached over his back, instinctivly confirming that his glaives were in place, before venturing into the forest. Soon he was no longer visable among the many trees and bushes in the forest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As I have a strong predilection for demon hunters, I was hoping that there would be items such as black demon hunter kilt and/or warglaives (part from those that can be looted from Illidan). I would also like to ask if it is possible to roleplay as the prestige class of Demon Hunter.
Welcome! You cannot play a Demon Hunter until you're a Grunt, and even then you need to apply to train for it. That's one of the character classes we feel needs to be limited greatly on the server, because the vast majority of people don't know how to play one and usually powergame with their abilities. Hopefully you can find another archetype that fits you just as well.
I would still like, if possible, to go through with the necessarities to become one.
If it is possible, what do I need to do, more exactly, in order to first become Grunt and then prove that I am capable of playing as one?
All I can say is just start playing on the server and see where it goes. You can become a Grunt after a month of being active here.
It appears I have managed to lose my account information. Is there any way to recover such?
Hmm... did you make a new account when we restarted?

Go here: http://account.conquestofthehorde.com/login.php

And make a new one using the exact same information. It's case-sensitive, so be careful to get it exact!
Copy-paste always works.
Seemingly, I have completely forgotten all of it, or that is what the system tells me. If such should be the case that I will be forced to make a completely new account, will I also need to repeat the entier joining process?
My mistake, it appears I underestimated the value of capital letters (and the lack of them) in e-mail adresses. I successfully entered my new registration. The help was much appreciated.