Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Michael`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hey there, can't really explain it but I felt like applying for a job when filling in this application. <: *Proceeds to the tons of text*

Well, by this time I've already been in quite many different communities. I think my RP experience began in single-player RPGs, such as The Elder Scrolls and Gothic - I've always tried to do everything the realistic way, even when it came to simple walking around the town(^^). Then it was SA-MP - multiplayer for GTA San Andreas, I began my search for something like roleplay, even though I didn't know such a term at all. Seen through a dozen of servers until I found a decent community to settle down. Generally speaking, I learnt swiftly and was one of those not many, roleplaying the feelings of their character, strictly separating the character from myself.

So, to sum up, I'm quite a mature person, but still I have relaxed attitude. I take roleplay as a game, but frankly speaking I separate roleplay from simple and primitive games, so at the same time I have serious approach to it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm Russian and therefore my primary language is Russian, however it's already been 2.5 years since I've began learning English and I feel myself quite comfortable speaking it, yet there's still room for improvement - While online gaming appears to me as one of the opportunities for practice.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Not much to tell here, honestly. I began playing it with more serious intentions after some time on SAMP, and as I've noticed I'd always picked RP guilds over PvE\PvP ones, even though I enjoyed the PvP aspect.

What made you seek our server over others?:
To begin with, I've left the SA-MP community, that is dedicated to "modern days" RP-style, and tried to convince myself that RP's not attractive to me anymore. However, it doesn't seem so, as about a month later - as you see - I began searching for some project and I decided to concentrate on WoW private servers. Have to mention, I used to play on official servers until April'09 - my account was temporarily suspended due to suspicion of the account being sold (Of course, I didn't even think of selling it). Later on they requested me to buy an authenticator, and as I found out, you could only buy it in Europe \ United States, which is impossible for me. That's how I was forced out of WoW.

Google led me to this site, to CotH, and for some reason it just caught my eye. I've ran through the server information pages on different sites, and once again decided to stop on CotH. One of the things that seemed most reasonable to me, is the selective application system, activity on the forums from what I've noticed (Which indicates that the server is generally active).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, I'm quite a free roleplayer and I don't limit myself in terms of roleplay (Don't worry, I'm not a powergamer). My point is, I enjoy to let my character's fate enter the flow and act accordingly to the situation. I suppose, the most appropriate explaination is, "I live the life of my character".

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm quite certain about it - Human, rogue. The explaintation isn't quite ordinary, probably a lot of people pick the rogue class, but I'll begin with the race. Generally speaking, I'm an aesthete, I prefer to enjoy the atmosphere and everything in the vicinity, to add, I enjoy realism. You'd tell me, "WoW is the wrong choise for you then, mate" - No, actually not, I also let my imagination work. In other words, doesn't matter which (MMO)RPG I play, I try to stick closer to the human race, or human-like race, at least.

What about the class-. . . Well, it is kind of the same - Mainly it all ends up in one thing - inspiration. Rogue \ Sin (assassin) has always been my class. Simply put, I sympathize such free lifestyle.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The server is dedicated to Roleplay, so the first thing I expect is roleplay, however I don't mean being spoon-fed with events - I believe every roleplayer should be capable of finding \ starting roleplay on their own. Apart from that, I'd be quite impressed to see roleplay scenes and stories that wouldn't include OOC drama about "losing" in roleplay, mature attitude towards each other in roleplay, in attempt to make it a satisfaction for both sides.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well, I actually liked the requirement to be quite familiar with the lore. Frankly, I never knew the WoW lore well, but I still have some knowledge, especially about the essential parts \ basic information you should have about the world. Necessary to add, I always enjoyed reading quests while flying or moving to the questplace, so that was another way I've obtained some relevant knowledge.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"The bricks are cold" - springed up in his mind. To be exact, the climate at the eastern coast of Kalimdor suitable to Arki. You could always go climb the rocks at the Theramore castle and you'd often find him there, looking far into the distance at the fading ships. Dreaming about the sea, a common thing for him.

Arki pushed himself up, straining his hands and the chest, pulling them up behind self, as if trying to extend them even further, as he dropped them relaxed. Several seconds later, he realized that the shrill screaming of the seagulls disturbed his sleep. He crawled a little on the mat, seating himself in a comfortable way.

"I'll never get used to that-. . ." - Who'd argue. Even after living on the seacost in a city with active trade port he still couldn't get used to the scream of seagulls, while all other children of his age didn't pay attention at 'em seagulls at all.

He looked far up at the sky, trying to determine the time of day. Though that wasn't really necessary - It was merely cold, therefore it was early morning. Some figure caught his attention, crawling up the shore rocks, moving towards him. "Jason" - . . He shortly looked towards the pier. In spite of the morning it appeared quite alive and avid. Another ship, quite a usual vessel for this time of year, obviously dropped an anchor at the Theramore Harbor.

Theramore was founded on the coast of Dustwallow Marsh, Eastern coast of Kalimdor. It was literally on the edge of a vast marsh and former tropical forest. You could let yourself be outside the city walls if you're of hazardous character, yet venturing further than the North Point tower was barely possible due to the amount of wild creatures. Even if you're lucky to skip them, you'll surely encounter a marsh on your way, and who knows if you're gonna get out of it safe. While your actions are limited in dirty, viscous water, such vicinity is an advantage to alligators.

Arki shuddered, returning to the reality, realizing someone's calling him.

- Arki, Arki! Are you damn deaf? Come down 'ere!

Letting out an annoyed sigh, not much fond of the disturbance, he leaned over a little, jerking his head slightly in a questioning way.

- A new ship's arrived
- An' I bet it they're lookin' fer' more to unload the goods?
- Ye'! Don't you wanna get some money?
- Fine, I'll gain up on you! - He waved off slightly, grabbing the mat and fitting his white drapped shirt, apparently it should belong to an adult, it's not of his size.

"What about the chance he was talkin' about... Since the ship is from Menethil..." - He kept throwing guesses while rushing down to the pier. That was just another day-. . .

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, in all honesty, I was quite disappointed when I learnt you don't get an instant 80 lvl character on this server. However I'm not the one who usually whines. The point is, I'm a man of principles, and one of them is - I try to stick to one character as much as possible. And well, you'll probably understand my situation if you find out my "character" story on the official servers. Shortly speaking, I used to play a blood elf rogue for about a year, on Defias Brotherood-EU (Official server), and eventually I realized that I'm not really enjoying it as much as I could, playing a human. So, after playing an alliance mage on the second account for quite some time, I began my attempts negotiating with the GMs about whether there's any possibility to "transfer" my blood elf into a human, with all item and stats, apart from some quests, if possible. Well, no surprise here - I was denied numerous times. I stepped over myself, and began levelling a human rogue from a scratch, once again, the same character (And well, I got it till 80, played it all the time till April'09). Now that I found a new server to play. So, my first emotion was, "Oh no, not for the third time!". But after reading through the forums, I had to tell myself, "Ha, you know that you WANT this". xD

Well, I just wanted to share that, don't take it as asking in any way.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I hope you enjoy your stay here! If you haven't already checked out the Wiki, stickies and FAQS, I'd recommend you do so now.

As we are in the process of changing between a home based server to a dedicated one, much of the information is in limbo.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of us on the GM staff. :D

<333

Cressy