Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Forsaken Eyes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, by now I'm assuming it's well-known that Forsaken can see using the yellowish glow of magic in their eye sockets.

What about those Forsaken that have no eyes?

Magic scrying? A sixth sense?
Most of them have those yellows eyes. Usually retained through necromancy. However, a few have been known to be blind. I believe one or two were played here, acually. It'd be the same as a human as to what they gain/lose due to blindness.

I think, atleast.
Kaelvan Wrote:Most of them have those yellows eyes. Usually retained through necromancy. However, a few have been known to be blind. I believe one or two were played here, acually. It'd be the same as a human as to what they gain/lose due to blindness.

I think, atleast.

I would imagine so, yes. It's evident that Forsaken can somehow at least still hear, and I've seen quest dialogue inferring that Forsaken can smell. Though I'm a little more skeptical on the smelling part.
As long as the brain works and the ears are totally rotted, they should logically be able to hear.

The yellowing glow of necromancy I'm assuming allows them to see magically, due to lack of actual eyes. :P

And like you said, smelling is unlikely. I'd hate to be a corpse and be able to smell my own rot.
No, they can smell. Dark Apothecaries are specially trained to tell all of their fiendish brews by smell instead of taste. Heh.
Blind Undead are still pretty blind though. They do need eyes. Granted, you can get someone else's eyes grafted onto your face if you really want to (At least with the help of a skilled Necromancer).
I have seen some magic users that have used a 'sixth sense' or just a way of sensing the things around them to get around. If you're a magic user, I'm guessing you have a little more sight than a warrior, or a rogue.
That's mostly untrue. Paladins have an "Undead Sense" they can use if they concentrate, and Mages and Warlocks can detect glamours and magics at work if they look for them, but not much else. Those do need eyes. The only true magical sight comes from Demon Hunter rituals.
How about artificial eyes? Like magical orbs.

There are several lore characters (like Xavius) that make use of them, and with the whole divination/scrying thing it seems to be possible.

However, is it allowed?
Hurr. My deader lacks both eyes and a glow, which I attribute to them being severely damaged by Holy magic (the eyes were forcefully removed with a nice hot spikey implement courtesy of a Scarlet Crusader, and the divine magic "extinguished" the necromantic glow). I've explained his ability to see by saying some Forsaken mage worked his magic on the empty sockets and enchanted them to give him a limited ability to see - at a limited range, in black and white, with a little problem of spontaneous temporary blindness when near intense sources and channeling of arcane magic.

In short? A wizard did it. I dunno if that's a problem now, having read this thread. It's more my way of handicapping my character than anything else; not trying to be a special snowflake or anything. A sadistic thought I commonly entertain is having the enchantment wear off and have Jarhead bumping into things. >:3

That said, I'd imagne this sort of magical supplementation/replacement is incredibly common among the Forsaken, given the amount of magic users in relation to those with severe, unhealable crippling injuries.
I may have mentioned it earlier, but Forsaken can just have a Necromancer replace ANY PART OF THEIR BODY. The magic that animates them allows for a competent wizard of the darker persuasion to simply steal the limbs from some other corpse and stick them on yours. It sure won't look pretty if you have two opposing colored eyes or a second left arm, but you'll have sight or arms. The Church of the Forgotten Shadow employs many Necromancers to keep the Frosaken race in peak physical condition, much like the Healers and Doctors of the breathing world.

Edit: Since the body is animated by the spirit of an [Insert Race Here] it might only accept the correct number of limbs for that race. I really don't know, but I suspect it would be difficult for, say, the spirit of a Human to possess four arms or vision in more than one direction. People just aren't made to process some things, but I can't really say much for certain because of the nature of the fantasy setting.
Hinbane Wrote:I'm a little more sceptical on the smelling part.

Trust me, they smell terrible once you get to know them.