Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gilastria`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, for one thing, I'm a worry wart. Absolutely terrified that I'll say something in this intro and get declined. So! I'm just gonna wing it. I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times, and yet, I'm a little strange/odd as well. In game I'm usually pretty quiet, once I get to know people I tend to 'act out' just a bit. As in, I get weird, hyper, sarcastic. That is one thing I have to be wary about usually, I'm a bit of a smart-butt. Surprisingly though, when it comes to guilds, I always end up being some form of drama moderator. OOC usually. I can't stand judgmental people and I am very open-minded, so I have always been one to try and help sort OOC fights out. I'm not exactly comfortable being in a leading position or role, and yet, I always seem to be placed in one. Then, I usually get frustrated and sick of knowing everyone's secrets and problems and leave the guild. This also means I never lasted in one guild for as long as I wanted to. What I -enjoy- and want is to just sit back and enjoy the community of a guild without having to be the moderator.
-I am also known for rambling and getting off topic.
Back to topic. As I said, I'm usually rather quiet until I start to figure out how I can act around certain people. Overly polite sometimes too.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The USFA. Ok, The USA. -United States of America. I can't tell you what the F stands for, that would go against the rules. As frustrated with my country as i can be sometimes.. I have this secret side of that is secretly a major patriot. I love my country. I'm rambling again. My primary language is English. Sadly I'm one of those people who never learned a second.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well. I was once a non-gamer. Amazing, I know. But you see, I have this friend, who plays all sorts of games. I sat down and made a character on his World of Warcraft account. Two months later I had my own account. Which he paid for too, he got tired of not being allowed onto his own account because I was using it.
Until then, I don't think I had ever played a game that caught my interest. Yeah, I'd played lots of games, I had four brothers, of course I did. WoW was the first one to really grab me though.
On the RP side of things, I don't know when I got into RP. I'm a writer, or I like to pretend I am I think. As far back as 5th-6th grade I've been RP'ing. Years now. I was one of those geeky kids on yahoo chat RP'ing in the chatrooms, and then on forums, and then Warcraft came along. When I found out WoW had RP realms I think my heart skipped a beat! No joke!

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly? I really haven't looked around at any other 'private' servers. I had heard of them, but never really looked. An old friend and I started talking and she sent me a link to the website here. Just the idea of a place dedicated to RP grabbed my interest. A place without griefers? A place with some -real- rp? Heaven. Definitely.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What appeals to me most? Relaxing RP. Though is it's to bland and boring, it does get.. Well. Boring. I'm not too fond of fighting RP scenes, only because I feel I suck at them, but I do enjoy watching them. I like a wide variety in my RP. I think my guilty pleasure is a bit of drama. OOC drama I hate, but IC drama? It can be fun. As long as it's not over done or drawn out for too long. Drama is what keeps a story alive, with out any drama it wouldn't be much of a story now would it?
I usually RP in smaller groups, once my chat screen starts to scroll, it's -way- too crowded.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elf. Now, now. Don't hit the decline button yet! Yes, I know there are -way- too many blood elfs on most of the servers. I can't help it though. I do enjoy their look, but that's so not my point. I've always had a thing with elfs, you can probably blame Lord of the Rings or something for that.
Now, I can't say i am really well learned when it comes to all the lore of all the races. But I do believe I know enough of the bits and pieces to keep things straight.
-And I am not against someone, politely, clarifying or correcting me if I thought wrong about something.
Am I rambling again? Let's see. Blood elfs. I like the lore that I do know, and.. They might be a little easier to play to be honest. I get scared trying to play most other races because I understand that their lore is more detailed then that of the elves. That may not be true, it's just how I feel. I am always so worried I'll mess it up some how. lol
Now! For class!
It's a tie between a priest and death knight.
Priest because I actually do enjoy healing, and the rp that could be done with the idea of shadow magic, messing with peoples minds(literally) really amuses me.
As for a death knight, I absolutely -love- the idea behind them. All the stuff with the Lich King and all that. (I think i am secretly sadistic too. Hmm.) Oh, and the fact that I can come up with millions of awesome RP outfits helps too. Being able to wear everything an all that.
(I'm one of those that has -way- too many RP outfits for each of my toons.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't have too many, but the mroe I read up on the stickies and the rules I started getting hopeful. What I am really hoping for is a relaxed environment with some -real- rp. As much as I hate rules in reality, the fact that all the RP realms are so.. So.. Horrible. Drives me nuts.
If this place sticks to rules you have all set, and there is some real and active rp going on here, with some actual plot(!), I will be happy.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Is it sad that i find this to be one of the harder questions? I think I'll go with the rule of respect though. I once had a guild of my own, it's motto was: "Respect mandatory, sanity optional." I'm really big on the respect thing, I get a little(overly) irked when people are disrespectful for no reason, or even stupid reasons. -Everyone- deserves a certain amount of respect.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I think I'd like to finish this later. Once I get a real feel of the place and figure out what's required, etc.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This is all official with Blizz and everything, yes? I've heard rumors about some private realms and all that crazy stuff.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please take a gander at the Wiki, Stickies, and FAQs as they hold valuable information about being successful on the server!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

<333

Cressy