Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Azeroth Flying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, I know that you (Kretol) have recently said you don't want to mess with the server too much at the moment. IE De-spawning/spawning NPCs, etc. I'm not sure if that would/has carried over to this side of the spectrum, of editing the database in a rather substantial way such as this.

The only reason that Blizzard didn't/doesn't allow Azeroth flying is solely because they didn't have the time or resources (and I'm assuming the thought of it even) to make azeroth accessible by way of a flying mount. And as the common quote goes... "Mechanics are not lore."

Here I have amassed a little collection of coding that I have found if you wish to add in flying (Since I don't know what emulator we're running I'll just see how many I can find). It would be a great change to RP on the old world, and really great in my personal opinion. So here it goes...

Ascent/NCDB:

Spoiler:
Updated - 100% Works with all Ascent/NCDB revisions - even 2400+

I've decided to make a single guide/thread for this, since it is in such high demand. All the rumored bugs are easy to work around, and is quite worth the cool feature this add to your gaming server!

The best idea.. if you plan to add this to your server. Is to do what we did, and make them rare items. Most the rumored bugs that come with flying mounts in Azeroth are, flying to high, and ending up in a different town or area. Flying over major mobs to get to larger loot mobs/bosses (useless on highrate servers, since all good loot is in outlands). Using them in instances... which can be worked around by making the item cast a normal mount spell. Lagging the server is not true, this mostly clientside, which does not work the server much harder at all, but could cause low end computer players to lag. Em, other than that, they are pretty cool.

Also, for latest Ascent revisions, there was a couple changes to make it work right. Here's another guide, just for that.

Quote:
You will have to modify the following files: Player.cpp, SpellAuras.cpp & Unit.cpp

In Player.cpp you will need to search and replace 3 items

First search for:

!=530
and replace it with
>580

then search for:

!= 530
(yes, just add a space) and replace it with
> 580

All 3 will look something like

Code:
if(flying_aura && MapID > 580)

In SpellAuras.cpp you will need to search for
Aura::SpellAuraEnableFlight(bool apply)

Replace the "else" with "if(!apply)" which should look like this:

Code:
void Aura::SpellAuraEnableFlight(bool apply){if(m_target->IsPlayer()){static_cast<Player*>(m_target)->FlyCheat = apply;static_cast<Player*>(m_target)->flying_aura = m_spellProto->Id;}if(apply){m_target->EnableFlight(true);m_target->m_flyspeedModifier += mod->m_amount;m_target->UpdateSpeed(true);}if (!apply) //replaced else with: if(!apply) to allow flying mounts in the old lands{m_target->DisableFlight(true);m_target->m_flyspeedModifier -= mod->m_amount;m_target->UpdateSpeed(true);}}
Now for the last. In Unit.cpp:

Find and replace:

if(m_mapId != 530)
with
if(m_mapId > 580)

Code:
if(m_mapId != 530) //Change this to > 580{for(uint32 i = 0; i < -1; ++i){ Can't use flying auras in non-outlands.if(aur->GetSpellProto()->EffectApplyAuraName[i] == 208 || aur->GetSpellProto()->EffectApplyAuraName[i] == 207){delete aur;return;}}}
Now Compile, and once it is finished, create an item that will cast the mount you desire on equip. The current items will not work with this change (they still work in the Outlands as normal) so you will have to create some new items for it to work.

Such as:

Charm of the Phoenix - Trinket, Summons "Peep the Phoenix" when equip.

Code:
INSERT INTO items VALUES (90001, 4, 0, -1, "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", 43430, 3, 0, 0, 0, 12, -1, -1, 128, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 40192, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 225, 0);

Please Leave Comments and a Thank You!

PS: I will update later and add custom mounts items that will not work in instances/indoors for you guys.
That Charm Doesn't Work Exactly Like That
INSERT INTO items VALUES (90001, 4, 0, -1, "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", "Charm of the Phoenix", 43430, 3, 0, 0, 0, 12, -1, -1, 128, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 40192, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, "", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 225, 0);
Here is The Working One.(Removed 2 Digits) And This Guide Works I Use It On All My Compiles And I Am Using 4408

Arcemu:

Spoiler:
This guy can explain it way better than I can...
http://www.ac-web.org/forums/tutorials/ ... eroth.html

Mangos:

Spoiler:
As far as I know... The only way is to make a custom patch with a helluva lot of coding. So I think this one has to be ruled out...
This is interesting. Keep in mind that most players right now don't actually leave the ground.

If you've got a good reason to be putting around on Azeroth, you can probably convince a GM to swing by and help you. We -do- have the ability to let players fly, it's just used primarily for us since you guys don't often have IC reasons to do it. Plus, parts of Azeroth are kind of buggy and ugly and you don't wanna see 'em. :<
Moose Wrote:Plus, parts of Azeroth are kind of buggy and ugly and you don't wanna see 'em. :<

Like every border in the game :?
Moose Wrote:This is interesting. Keep in mind that most players right now don't actually leave the ground.

If you've got a good reason to be putting around on Azeroth, you can probably convince a GM to swing by and help you. We -do- have the ability to let players fly, it's just used primarily for us since you guys don't often have IC reasons to do it. Plus, parts of Azeroth are kind of buggy and ugly and you don't wanna see 'em. :<

Well what originally got me thinking about it was tactics about a year back. I was trying to convince the admins there to make an item for characters level 80 (In the case of CotH it would be for grunt only) that when right clicked, would summon a flying mount any where.

It seems if it went by this ideal then it would be far, far easier to code.

And given that, it would be a ring (since come one... When do you ever need both ring slots filled for RP?) you could request it via a silver token.

That's just me throwing out ideas, but before I get super sidetracked... The thing that kind of reinvigorated the thought was the ace prestige, and how it seems rather... Useless at the moment.

Do you know which emulator we're running Moose? That would help a lot in my search for any coding...
Wouldn't it just be simpler to wait for Cataclysm? I mean, that gives mounts in Azeroth.
We're running ArcEmu.

And . . . oh yeah. I forgot about Cataclysm. :'<
Oh yeah...

That's so far off though, I don't think they've set an actual date. And then to get an emulator up could take a -long- time depending on certain factors. As a rather headstrong character of mine would often say... "I'd rather do it sooner than later,"

He's dead now though, so maybe that says something.

In any case, I think it would be beneficial to the server no matter when it comes in. Especially if I can find the right coding for our emulator...

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for telling me what we're running Moose :D
This has been asked before. It's way too bugged at the moment for us to consider it.

Not to mention, yeah, Cata. We'll probably end up waiting till then.
Okidokie
beltharean Wrote:That's so far off though, I don't think they've set an actual date. And then to get an emulator up could take a -long- time depending on certain factors. As a rather headstrong character of mine would often say... "I'd rather do it sooner than later,"

"Alliance players will likely be complaining about goblin rogues by next BlizzCon" - Chris Metzen

This probably means that at the very least, their intending for the BETA to be out before August. Then again, they have pushed release dates back before. But, nonetheless Cata might not be as far off as one might think.

Look for the source at Loregy.com. The website is down now - so I couldn't provide the actual article in which Metzen is quoted.
I'm expecting a may/june release personally. And in my mind that seems like a long while, but to others it would seem like a blink of an eye...

XD

I guess I'm just impatient.
beltharean Wrote:Oh yeah...

That's so far off though, I don't think they've set an actual date. And then to get an emulator up could take a -long- time depending on certain factors.
I don't think the problem is getting an emulator up when Cataclysm releases (considering emulators start popping up about a month or so after the Alpha for a Warcraft expansion starts). What I think the problem will be in order to get Cataclysm going on this server is the bugs that'll have to be fixed before release.
Rokhjin Wrote:
beltharean Wrote:Oh yeah...

That's so far off though, I don't think they've set an actual date. And then to get an emulator up could take a -long- time depending on certain factors.
I don't think the problem is getting an emulator up when Cataclysm releases (considering emulators start popping up about a month or so after the Alpha for a Warcraft expansion starts). What I think the problem will be in order to get Cataclysm going on this server is the bugs that'll have to be fixed before release.

Pretty much. With Wrath, it took us about a month after it's official release to get CoTH updated to it.

Also, since question was answered, and topic has strayed, locked.