Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: usr1k`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
(takes a deep breath and hopes not to blow this introduction as well)
To start off, my name is Matthew. I was not a traditional gamer when I was little, because I didn't have a PC at home until about 2002, so my only friends were a ZX-Spectrum 8-bit computer and a NES clone :) After getting a PC I tried different gaming genres, but I somehow got stuck with RPGs. I don't consider myself a heavy gamer because I know when "enough is enough", but I really enjoy role-playing games, especially with non-linear gameplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Slovakia, so Slovak is my primary language of habitual use, but I can speak English without any problems, though an occasional misstype may occur, for which I apologize in advance

How did you get into Warcraft?:
If you mean Warcraft in general, then it was my friend who taught me to play Warcraft III. I remember playing a few scenarios called "world of warcraft", so that must've been a good omen to what was about to come :) Concerning WoW, me and my sister started playing WoW back at the time when the game was at the 1.4.0 patch, and we've been playing ever since, with the exception of several longer breaks.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It is mostly the role-playing aspect. I think most of the servers forgot what WoW should realy be about, and because of that, you cannot be immersed into your character, if nobody else around you is. So I decided to use uncle Google, and he pointed me towards your website :)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'd say I enjoy the rather relaxing types. I have never been much of a fighter, neither in-game nor in-RL, I tend to be more of a diplomatic person, the one who silently watches and waits until he feels his time to intervene is right. That does not neccesarily mean that my character is going to be a loner, of course... THe best RP would be living my character from day-to-day, meeting other people, and going wherever my feet would take me

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would choose either a night elf, or a tauren, the reason being the close bond to nature and hatret towards industrialism of both races. In my case, I would like to take the path of a nature protector, choosing the path closest to that ideology, which would be the druid class in this case.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations include a wonderful gaming experience, meeting new people, a great role-playing environment. The overall management and rule organization of the server looks pretty astounding here from "the outside", so I have no dount it will be the same on the inside.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
If I had to choose only one, that would be difficult, because rules are like pieces of puzzle. You lack a few, and the morale is incomplete. But if I had to choose, I would choose several, one of them being respecting one another. I've had too many negative experience with variouos players, who did not hesitate to shower others, including myself, with swear words. The other thing I like is god-moding and power/meta-gaming being a no-no. Too many people abuse it, and it has become a pain. Finally, the rule about being mature is excellent and nicely stated. Again, one of the many aspects a lot of players lack.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I wish to compile the story later. I have a rough idea and a concept, but I think it would be better if I compiled it and published it when the right time comes

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This server's got ambition. I wish the devs, mods and the GMs the best of luck. I hope to see you in the game soon :)
Welcome!