Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Savman`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, where do I start?
Okay I'll start from where my life of Roleplaying started out. I guess it really started with World of Warcraft. I just couldn't cut a normal server, it had a lack of a reason to level, I just couldn't see what was so appealing at end game. So I try a PvP server, a stayed on a while and felt the same, I got bored, I couldnt see a reason to why I was even on it. So instead I decided to check out some Roleplaying servers. At first I knew very little. I'd heard about it before, but I was filled with social ignorance against that kind of thing. Never the less I didn't want to waste the money I had invested into the game so I decided to dive into the deep end. After many longs hours of seeking research for how to Roleplay I finally tryed my action on the server... and I loved it. It was just acting, and I love acting. I loved putting myself into another personally and making desisions with it. From there I craved more. I sought out my freinds who were interested and established a gaming group for pen and paper games. We are currently playing The Enemy Within campaign in the Warhammer Universe. During this time I was looking at the Dungeons and Dragons universe also. I have the rulebooks but we were so caught up in Warhammer that I decided to check out the Roleplaying servers on neverwinter nights. I couldn't get into it. Everyone was so invested in there little groups, and no-one seemed to care much for new players. So I immediatly left and decided to start up a new charachter on the main WoW servers. I got into a nice military style guild. Very nice, in fact I still play with them now when I have enough money.

The problem with WoW is that it feels too explored, everything just seems as if its taken for granted. I enjoy alot of exploration Roleplay and it just isnt possible on there servers. It is also a problem that there is soo many OOCers online. Which is why I sought out a Roleplaying Private server. The population will be filled with Roleplayers of all kinds. A very exciting thought, that I wont have to walk past Goldshire and not be spammed with:
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
/dance.
Or vampires sucking the blood from my charachter.
Damn I've rambled a bit on that. Perhaps I should write about myself.
My name is Jason Savage.
I am 16 years of age. I go to college studying Biology, Psychology and Music Technology.
My main hobbys are playing guitar, hanging out with my girlfriend, drinking, roleplaying and I am currently learning drums. I used to play in a band, although once I realised our vocalist and manager was taking the ...., I left. I think the biggest crowd we had was about 700. That was our first gig. Damn I miss gigging with that band. Anyway I best move onto the rest of the questions. I could sit here and write my whole autobiography but I wouldnt want to bore you with that.
Oh and one more thing.
Metal will never die!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the North East of England. My primary language is English, although I did take a French course in Secondary school. All I can say to that is when your replacing french words with german swear words on your exams, you don't tend to get many good marks.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I actaully cannot remember. I guess through World of Warcraft. I played other MMOs before hand. After getting into WoW I went and got the pen and paper warcraft book, which details alot of Warcraft lore. It might have been one of my friends who recomended it to me. I honestly cannot remember.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The fact that the community seemed alot more tighter than other servers. It also feels alot more official than other servers. To me, servers that feel less official tend to have a bad community, but Conquest of the Horde seems to feel like a good community is involved. Also I like the idea of this questionaire type thing. It sorts the men from the boys. It shows me that members of this community WILL be good at roleplaying, or atleast very willing to learn.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It actually depends. I've played different types. The biggest chunk of my Roleplaying carreer has been in a military guild. Which means alot of fighting was involved. Although through my experiance I only tend to enjoy fighting roleplaying when there is a structure to it. I fought people who play fair taking and giving hits. Then I've played others that are invunerable and seem to be immensly stronger than anyone. Personally I think the latter is not an enjoyable experiance.
I also enjoy exploration. I think exursion roleplaying is a very rich experiance, especially when you have personally not explored certain areas.
Tavern roleplay can be enjoyable to a certain extent. I think that if there are some good, interesting charachters to converse with then it can be enjoyable, but if there isnt then I can easily get bored and will simply move on.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really think I have a 'favourite' race. Each race has its own aspect that appeals to me. For example the dwarves appeal to me due to there typical nature, aswell as there buildings, achiterture and technology. The Tauren because of there nature and history. The trolls because of there lore with the high elves (that is the forest trolls).
My favourite class also depends on the race, but I think personally it would be a hunter. I love the game mechanics of fighting with them, and I also love the fact that you have a companion with you, which if used correctly can boost roleplay very much.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am hopeing that out of this server I will experiance a rich and enjoyable experiance with a roleplaying community. I also hope to try other styles of roleplaying and increase my knowledge and skill in roleplaying itself.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Godmoding and the Knowing when to Quit rules.
This is because one of the reasons I sought out this server is due to godemoters etc on the main servers. Also I have experianced too many situations when IC drama has turned into OOC drama. I see it pointless and irrelivant. If I'm playing an orc for example, and my charachter is racist towards an elf, then it is my charachter being discriminative against someone else charachter race, I do not mean any harm towards the player themselves in anyway what so ever.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
WARNING! This may contain spoliers if you do not wish to know the story of The Enemy Within WARNING!
I am bringing this material from memory of The Enemy Within campaign with my pen and paper games. I hope that you do not mind it being from a different setting, as this is from Warhammer not Warcraft. I'm compiling this into a very short text compared to the full story, so my apologies if there is bits of detail missing. Anyway here it is:

The group had only been travelling for a day or so now. They were already tired from there journey. It was only 30 hours ago that they had met up to seek out work with the Prince of Atldorf. He had posters nailed to walls and doors of all kinds in lands far from his own. The poster asked for travellers to acompany him for a mountain experdition to the north. The Prince promised a large some of gold all who would help.
"How long is it until the next inn? My legs are killing me. Dammit Harbull you always have to seek out the hardest things for you don't you?" Complained the halfing. A small plump, child looking creature. His hair was raggy and of a sandy brown. His name was Harbull. He came from The Mootlands seeking adventure rather than being a cook.
"I hope it is only a short walk away Harbull. My stomach seems to be roaring louder than a damn Chimera!" A tall fair looking elf turned to the halfing. His pitch black hair drooped in patterns down his shoulders. He was wearing a string instrument of sorts on his back. The elfs name was Malmir. He was a Minstrel, looking for inspiration for his songs. Among the rest of the group was a quiet fisherman called Johan and a devious apprentice mage named Wanda.
"Well looks like we are in luck." the mage pointed out into distance to a building not far from there current position. They had been following the road all day and their food had been crammed down their throats the previous night.
The rest of the group watched as the smoke rose from the roof of the building up ahead.
"Perhaps they will have a few coaches that can take us to Altdorf?" Malmir suggested.
"Then let us pick up the pace!" Harbull yelled as he began to almost skip ahead.

Twenty minutes later the group arrived at the inn. Above the door was a large wooden sign that read ' The Horse and Carting Inn'.
"Finally I can get some food!" The halfing almost jumped for joy as he said that.
Johan eyed a wooden stable next to the building. Whip sounds could be heard from it, then suddenly a coach attached to three horses came bursting out, turned onto the road and was heading immediatly towards the group.
"Out of my way!" The driver screamed.
The group sprang out of the way just in time.
"By Sigmar!" They are all cried.
The coach disspeared in a cloud of dust within seconds.
The group regained there feet and brushed themselves down.
"I hope the Inn is more welcoming than that coach." Wanda said.

The group plodded over to the door, and upon opening a great smell of homecooking stuffed there nostrils. A smile grew on each of there faces and suddenly they were welcomed by a joyouis singing, laughter and a pot bellied man with rosy cheeks and wiry hair.
"New visitors!" The man yelled with open arms.
Behind him at the bar a man turned to see the new visitors before burying himself back into his drink. All along the bar where men cheering and singing. Drunk out of there minds. Tables scattered the whole room, which was built up with more people eating and drinking at each. In the corner sat two women on there own. One was pretty and wealthy looking, while the other looking rough and more like a mouse.

"Can I help you with anything?" The man said snapping the group out of their peering of the room.
"Erm... yes could we have four flagons of mead and a table please?" The elf asked.
"Three flagons and a bottle of your finest whiskey!" Harbull interrupted.
"No two flagons, a bottle of whiskey and a mug of water!" Johan interrupted.
" One flagon, a bottle of whiskey, a mug of water and a glass of your local fruit juices please?" Wanda said "I won't be drinking anything alcoholic quite yet".
The elf rolled his eyes "Very well. A flagon of mead, a bottle of your finest whiskey, a mug of water, a glass of your local fruit juices and a damned table to sit please?"
The rosey cheeked man stopped and stared a second before shouting " Ofcourse!" and showing them to a table.
The group sat and feasted for over and hour before settling down with their drinks. Before long Harbull noticed that a man at the bar was looking over at them now and again. At first he ignored it. Then it started to worry him and so he told it to the group.
"Perhaps he wants something" The halfing said.
"Maybe, I wouldn't trust him if I were you" Johan said.
"Should I go and see what he wants?" Wanda asked.
"Sure, your a woman, maybe he'll want to bed you!" Harbull laughed.
Wanda scowled at Harbulls comment and walked over to the man at the bar.
The man was wearing a rich blue overcoat and blue trousers. On his head was a pointy blue and red hat. He didnt notice Wanda until she said " excuse me?" and he nearly fell out of his seat.
" Ayess? Wat can I heelp you wit?" The man said in a foreign accent, something of a bretonian accent.
"Erm, we noticed you kept looking over to our table. Why?"
" Ohh, I am sorry. I wondered wether you and your freiinds would like a game of cahrds?" He pull out a pack of cards from his pocket.
" Err, let me go and ask my freinds first" With that Wanda went back to their table.
"Guys, he said he wants a game of cards? What do you think?" She asked them.
" Cards? I'm up for it." Malmir said.
" Hmm, very well" Harbull nodded.
They all looked over to Johan you had not answered yet.
" Oh, yeah. Sure. Ofcourse. Okay" He seemed to be a little quiet than usual.

Within quarter of an hour the group was playing cards with this stranger. At first they didnt want to but eventually he convinced the group to place bets with money, he claimed that there was no point in playing with out a bet. The first two rounds Harbull won, then after the bretonian stranger began winnning. He didnt stop for five rounds straight.
" Are you lucky or what?" Harbull said.
Malmir was looking down at the cards the stranger had then noticed a card was stuck up his sleeve.
"Hey what are you doing with that card up your sleeve?"
" What card?"
" The on up your sleeve."
" There is no card up my sleeve."
" Then open your sleeve"
" Are you accusing me of cheating?!" The stranger shouted, standing up and knocking his chair backwards.
" But I saw a card up your sleeve." Said Malmir.
" How dare you!" Blue coated man pulled out a pistol from his waist and suddenly fired it at Malmir, hitting his arm. The elf screamed with pain at blood splattered onto the table. Suddenly the stranger jumped over the table and ran upstairs towards the balcony.
The rest of the group drew there swords and turned to run towards the balcony. Before they could they had a blunderbuss pointed at them. It was the barman.
" Don't take another step further! I will be having no trouble in my inn!" Wanda continued forward and the gun fired, missing and hitting a painting on the wall which crashed to the ground.
" Don't shoot! We were attacked by that man on the balcony" Johan explained.
They all turned to the balcony but the man was gone, and the window was smashed open.

To be Continued...

Sorry if it wasn't very good. I'm not brilliant at telling storys.
We are actaully alot more further on than this game. This was just the introduction. We are now 6/7 games ahead of this, and a city has just been destroyed by an army of demons. So it does get better.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Great job! and welcome to the server!!

Oh and just to clarify on the IC OOC drama, IC drama happens all the time (of course) But it never
carries out into OOC. And if it does everyone seems to work it out quickly.
Thanks :) glad to be part of the server. Didn't expect a reply so fast hehe.

Oh good, I don't perticularly like OOC drama hehe.
xD. Welcome to the server! Btw, i like your avatar!

Sharooon!!
Yes, welcome. Glad to see theres another Warhammer fan here.

[Image: NL0607_02.jpg]
Nekronos Wrote:xD. Welcome to the server! Btw, i like your avatar!

Sharooon!!
Haha thanks, just finished his autobiography. Freakin awesome.

Verelden Wrote:Yes, welcome. Glad to see theres another Warhammer fan here.

lmao at that pic. Yeah Warhammesr cool, used to play the table top games years ago.
Welcome! A very great introduction. :) Nice and long, lengthy and filled with information. :D Gotta love those!

Enjoy yourself here! /hug
DrkAeris23 Wrote:Welcome! A very great introduction. :) Nice and long, lengthy and filled with information. :D Gotta love those!

Enjoy yourself here! /hug

I could have went on though.
Perhaps when I have more time I might post the rest of my groups adventures on the forums.